PDA

View Full Version : Diet and hair growth?

FallingDarkness
April 17th, 2014, 05:05 PM
I don't eat well. Ever. I skip lunch almost every day at school because I have too much work and studying to do, so I use the half hour I get for lunch for that, and when I get home I eat nothing but junk food (chocolate chips, cookies, ritz crackers with nutella). Does this stunt my hair growth? :(

mira-chan
April 17th, 2014, 06:25 PM
It can. Malnutrition can cause hairloss and slowed or stalled growth. I had hairloss and a hair stall from lack of some vitamins.

queenovnight
April 17th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Unfortunately, yeah. It can. Just try to incorporate healthier snacks in the place of the junk. I know, it's hard. I love junk food too.. but I also want long healthy hair Lol.

FallingDarkness
April 17th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Okay, I'll eliminate the junk from my diet. :( But it'll be worth it. My hair isn't anywhere near long enough for me yet lol

aztecangel
April 17th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Take fish oils!

FallingDarkness
April 17th, 2014, 07:41 PM
Fish oils?
Explain please

Aderyn
April 17th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Yeah, it could affect your hair growth rate and the quality of the growth.

Try to eat healthy and get all of the nutrients that you need. :)

milque
April 17th, 2014, 08:12 PM
If you find that eating healthy is physically hard (like me :whistle:), I suggest you take daily supplements. There are good supplements for teenagers out there in the market. Keep in mind though that there are risks in taking supplements if you take them blindly so speak to your doctor and have them recommend what you need.

Nope
April 17th, 2014, 09:02 PM
Fish oils?
Explain please

They are supplements/pills that are known for hair benefits

jeanniet
April 18th, 2014, 12:10 AM
Forget your hair--you need to eat better for your health. If you improve your diet, you'll feel better and your studying will be better, too (along with your hair, of course). Skip the supplements; they're not a substitute for a healthy diet. Try to eat more fruits and veggies, nuts, seeds, etc. Nuts make a great snack and they're very good for you. Trader Joe's has single-serving packs of roasted almonds or trail mix that are easy to toss in your backpack.

followingup
April 18th, 2014, 01:13 AM
a healthy diet is extremely important. you are what you eat, so don't treat your body like a trash bin.

my2cats1
April 19th, 2014, 11:41 AM
At the very least, pack a protein bar in your backpack. You can eat that while you study.

xoChesleyy
April 19th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Healthy hair starts from the inside.

If you have bad eating habits, then what few nutrients you do get just go to your vital organs for you to live. However, if you have healthy eating habits and are getting plenty of protein, fruits, vegetables, and nuts, the excess nutrients your body has is able to go towards your skin, hair, and nails. From MY personal experience.. I used to eat absolutely horrible. At that time, I also had excess hair shedding and my hair literally would not grow. Now my diet consists of vegetables, fruits, beans, and nuts. I also take a multi-vitamin as well as biotin (a vitamin that is great for your hair, skin, and nails). My hair has never been shinier, in better condition, and growing significantly faster. If you change your diet, I think you will love the results. Not only your "hair results", but your entire well-being overall. Keep in mind that supplements are no substitution for your diet or eating healthy. They just assist in your current eating habits!