PDA

View Full Version : Uneven growth?

Of the Fae
April 17th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Have you ever had the thing where your back length grows much faster than your fringe area?

I barely have any roots showing on the top of my head, and this afternoon I saw that I have massive root growth on the back of my head, and my mullet is returning!
Haha so weird, is this even possible?

Madora
April 17th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Perhaps your follicles are getting more stimulation at the back of your head. Hence the faster growth.

followingup
April 17th, 2014, 10:05 AM
oh this happens to me too. i think its because when i do a scalp massage (nearly every day if i don't forget) i tend to massage the back more.

Of the Fae
April 17th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Ah yes I do that, too. I notice the front is more dry, the skin of my scalp! But this is nice, I thought I had a massive stall, but it is growing quite rapidly.. just not everywhere XD That can be fixed hopefully :)

Nadine <3
April 17th, 2014, 02:46 PM
I notice that the sides don't grow as fast as the back and on top of that, one side grows faster. My head is very uneven lol

Rosa Harris
April 17th, 2014, 02:52 PM
oh O got many different lengths - I have eternal bangs in the front and fring on the sides. It's all grown from a full shave so its just the way it is. I've always thought it was pretty weird. My longest hair is right at the back of my head to my neck and hangs to my butt. Wish it would all grow that long - its like a good part of it has really shortie terminal length - its shows some in my profile pic.

red-again
April 17th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Sort of like a real life Girls World?

lapushka
April 17th, 2014, 04:46 PM
That's odd. :D I don't think I've ever gotten uneven hair growth - ever, not when my hair was colored and you could see the distinction clearly, but then you wouldn't even notice now as my hair's all virgin hair.

dollyfish
April 17th, 2014, 04:58 PM
My hair always grows unevenly! I think the back growing faster is normal. At least, most people I know have this problem. I've found that the back of my hair grows faster than the rest, and my bangs grow the fastest of all! (Which is great, since I love playing with my bangs)

queenovnight
April 17th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Oh gosh, totally my hair. Mine grows much faster in the back. I had bangs and started growing them out two years ago. The back of my hair just sprouts, but the front.. yeah. I'm only at APL in the front. My hair also naturally grows into a V shape. Has since the beginning of time.

Lyv
April 17th, 2014, 11:23 PM
Mine grows slower in the front too! At first I thought it was just my imagination but since I've been measuring my bangs have consistently grown 1/4" slower every month.

Rosetta
April 18th, 2014, 04:28 AM
My hair always grows unevenly! I think the back growing faster is normal. At least, most people I know have this problem. I've found that the back of my hair grows faster than the rest

Oh gosh, totally my hair. Mine grows much faster in the back. I had bangs and started growing them out two years ago. The back of my hair just sprouts, but the front.. yeah. I'm only at APL in the front. My hair also naturally grows into a V shape. Has since the beginning of time.
My hair has always been like this too - so glad to hear I'm not the only one :) Also the hairs at the sides of my head are much finer than the rest, so they're also weaker, which worsens the issue.
(And the natural V shape is really a bugger, because I far prefer blunt ends ;))