PDA

View Full Version : Blah 3rd anniversary, also late, pic heavy

AngryVikingGirl
April 17th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Just another anniversary thread, this one with little progress...blah.

Start:
2011 September (first length shot happened then)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1187&d=1357088566

2012 December
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10380&d=1397746089

2013 January - this is when I thought I needed a trim...
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10378&d=1397745694

More than a year after the trim, grown out - Today
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10375&d=1397745522

Good that I'm inspired by Marco Hietala's fairytaled hair. Before that trim I didn't care about mechanical damage at all - down all the time, sleep, sex, wind and all. After, I kept it up or in a braid, brushed gently. The difference? Um, not much. But hey, there's a good side of that, I can do whatever I want! Not to mention when I used to rip a comb through my wet hair in high school and hair was just same or even better. Not that I want to discourage good haircare, just it seems my hair has a firm personality of tapering after waist. Anyway I'll still grow to classic or maybe tailbone, those lengths have special power even with taper ;)

Aand actually I can't complain about the shine and the braidwaves I get so here's one more:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10381&d=1397746317

pogo0685
April 17th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Very nice hair! My hair does the taper at waist thing too. I have spent most of the last 5+ years cutting back to waist to get it to thicken up. Still always tapers at waist.

Jenny31557
April 17th, 2014, 10:28 AM
We are hair twins! What I have been doing is wearing my hair up everyday and microtrimming every month. That's what I would suggest to you to try for a little while to see if that makes any difference. Good luck!

Isilme
April 17th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Looks good! But a braid doesn't offer much of protection, up and away it is! :)

umbrellabones
April 17th, 2014, 11:46 AM
I think I am also a hair twin! Except my hair starts the taper at hip, and
I think you have more shine than me:)

AngryVikingGirl
April 17th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Very nice hair! My hair does the taper at waist thing too. I have spent most of the last 5+ years cutting back to waist to get it to thicken up. Still always tapers at waist.

Thanks! And wow, congrats on your willpower and patience! I'm already like :rolleyes: after the first cut back.

We are hair twins! What I have been doing is wearing my hair up everyday and microtrimming every month. That's what I would suggest to you to try for a little while to see if that makes any difference. Good luck!

I have been wearing it up and I have few splits even a year after my last cut so I thought I'd leave it alone. Actually it's not the taper that bothers me, I just hoped to have more hair at the ends, what will it look like when longer...Oh well, we'll see.
Thanks for your support! :flower:

lunalocks
April 17th, 2014, 11:48 AM
That shine is fantastic! and probably due to your diligent care. I, too, begin to tapir at waist. But, like you, am determined to grow to classic. Thank you for showing your progressl

AngryVikingGirl
April 17th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Looks good! But a braid doesn't offer much of protection, up and away it is! :)

Thanks! U-huh. Maybe I should give it a try, I'm not sure I can sleep with a bun but maybe yes.

I think I am also a hair twin! Except my hair starts the taper at hip, and
I think you have more shine than me:)

Yay, then we're triple twins! ;)

That shine is fantastic! and probably due to your diligent care. I, too, begin to tapir at waist. But, like you, am determined to grow to classic. Thank you for showing your progressl

Thanks! I like to play around with oils a little ;) Yay for classic! Good luck for the journey!

Thank you for your support everyone! Happy growing! And happy Easter holidays ! (if you celebrate it)

patienceneeded
April 17th, 2014, 12:35 PM
I think your hair looks lovely! Congrats on 3 years!

lapushka
April 17th, 2014, 01:33 PM
It grew from between BSL-waist to virtually hip, that's progress right there! :D Nice!

embee
April 17th, 2014, 01:52 PM
I think your hair is pretty. Good color, good shine, soft waves, nice taper so it will easily wrap into an updo. :)

Happy Easter to you as well.

AngryVikingGirl
April 17th, 2014, 02:41 PM
I think your hair looks lovely! Congrats on 3 years!
Thanks! :flower:

It grew from between BSL-waist to virtually hip, that's progress right there! :D Nice!
Thank you! I'm just a little annoyed as it could've grown to TB in that time if I didn't get that *trim* but OK, I'm fine. It's not the end of the wsorld. :)

I think your hair is pretty. Good color, good shine, soft waves, nice taper so it will easily wrap into an updo. :)

Happy Easter to you as well.

Thank you embee! Now this is awkward because I thought I'd stand up from the computer after that post and probably not come back in days because of family programs but as you can see, I'm still here, it's addictive. :p

AngryVikingGirl
April 17th, 2014, 02:42 PM
aaand...double post

jacqueline101
April 17th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Your hair is lovely. Congrats on your three year anniversary.