PDA

View Full Version : Scalp pimples, please help :]

MariamPhilauri
April 17th, 2014, 12:46 AM
I have acne-like pimples on my scalp and I think I had it for a long time.
About a month ago I searched information in google and found that it can be folliculitis, sebborheic dermatitis or other infections..
I also have acne vulgaris on my face. and maybe it is caused by my chronic stress :(
Can scalp acne caused by anxiety? Anyone had similar expirience?
I wash my hair every day or every other day, because I can't stand oilliness.
My hair is thick and wavy/curly.
I wash it with H&S, my scalp loves it! Or Klorane Seboregulating nettle shampoo. I always condition my ends.
I showed scalp pimples to my mother and its normal and she didnt see it, until touched.
I'm afraid it could be folliculitis or other infection and it will cause my hair to fall :(
After searching information about scalp acne, my scalp and skin started to itch :( or maybe it is just my imagination..
My mother tells my I'm paranoid :D
Right now my skin has itchy feeling and my heart beats like crazy, my hands are shaking :\
Damn you, anxiety! :D

P.S. Sorry for my bad english :D

Henna Girl
April 18th, 2014, 02:31 PM
I recommend that you consult a dermatologist for both your face and scalp acne. Good luck.

starlamelissa
April 18th, 2014, 02:38 PM
See a doctor for the anxiety and skin issues.

lapushka
April 18th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Yes, the dermatologist. If you have acne on your face, it can very easily occur on your scalp as well (as in your case). Nothing to fool around with. Acne is serious and can leave scarring if not treated appropriately!

Nadine <3
April 18th, 2014, 03:38 PM
I second seeing a doctor for the acne.

spidermom
April 18th, 2014, 03:39 PM
I developed seborrheic dermatitis recently. The doctor gave me a ketoconazole shampoo prescription, and that cleared it right up. I really like using the shampoo; it leaves my hair nice and calm instead of crazy-fluffy.

midbackorbust
April 18th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Not much to add other than the advice to see a dermatologist, but don't worry! I used to have pimples on my scalp when I was 16-18 ish and recently they've cleared up.

Achlys
April 18th, 2014, 03:48 PM
Definitely see a doctor. Also, I tend to get scalp pimples when I get silicones on my scalp. So you could check that, too.

meteor
April 18th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Having scalp pimples is not normal, I wholeheartedly agree with the recommendation to see a dermatologist or a family doctor.

Until you see your doctor, try not to wash your head with anything harsh (I'd avoid SLS personally), definitely avoid all conditioners and oils on scalp. Maybe wash hair with distilled water alone or water + raw honey or water + aloe vera juice/gel, if you have no allergies to these ingredients. They are mildly anti-inflammatory but don't expect them to "cleanse" thoroughly.

Jumper
April 18th, 2014, 03:53 PM
I used to get pimples on my scalp when I was in high school and I got told by the dr to use TGel shampoo and don't let any product (conditioner, leave ins, etc) near my scalp and that did clear it up.

If you have a ton though I agree with the see a dr comments.

Brileeka
April 18th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Whatever you do DO NOT PINCH THEM! Thats what my mom did and that how she got folliculitis. nothing helps with my moms folliculitis it's horrible. If you go to the dermatologist try to find one that knows what they are talking about.