PDA

View Full Version : Stylist Comment Bent Me Out of Shape....

momschicklets
April 16th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Note: I will delete this post by the end of the day because it does show my face....;) Hopefully someone will weigh in before then LOL

So I live in a small town and I ran into my stylist :scissors::scissors: Now I really, really like her and feel my hair is safe in her hands :) I haven't seen her in several months though because I'm growing my hair, of course. I told her this and she seemed very supportive, but then she said, "Well just come in so we can cut you some bangs to hide that forehead while it grows." (Her emphasis)

Then she was like :laugh:

So then of course I was like :laugh:

But when she walked away I was like :hmm:

And ever since then when I look in the mirror my forehead is saying "Look at me!" Now I don't mind having a large forehead...that doesn't bother me at all. But I'm wondering if one or two of you would take a quick look at my hairstyle and my frankenforehead :rolleyes: and tell me if you would take her advice? Would the style look better with some bangs/fringe/forehead coverup???

(Edited to remove pics)

I combed through my hair and arranged it like I wear on an everyday basis...nothing fancy or glammed up so you can see how I normally rock it :p Thank you for your honesty! :popcorn:

LauraLongLocks
April 16th, 2014, 08:09 AM
You have a smaller forehead than me, and I think you look beautiful just the way you are. I think bangs would cover up your beautiful face too much. Don't change a thing. She was being rude, AND she was wrong about your forehead in the first place.

ETA: That's not to say that you wouldn't look good with bangs. You would be beautiful either way, but don't do it because someone else told you to. By the way, you have perfect skin.

lunalocks
April 16th, 2014, 08:15 AM
This is coming from someone who DOES have a high forehead and HAS had bangs to cover them up her whole life - don't change a thing! You have a beautiful face and I believe any hairstyle you choose to wear would look great - bangs or no bangs.

slynr
I totally have a five head, you do not. Nothing wrong with your forehead and the way you are wearing your hair. Only change if YOU want it. Hate it when someone plants a small seed of doubt...like 'thanks lady'!!

Your very attractive and don't give it another thought.

Larki
I think you would look good with bangs, but you certainly don't need them!

MiaBeth
April 16th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Nah, not necessary -- if you're happy with no bangs, then why change? They are a pain in the butt to grow out!!

antler_tines
April 16th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Wow that's quite rude for her to say! I don't think you need bangs at all! I mean no one really needs them but you get what I mean.

Sterlyn
April 16th, 2014, 08:21 AM
First off I think your stylist needs to work on her manners and social skills. I thought her comment was out of line. Whether bangs would be an asset to how you look is for you to decide, not her to bring up out of the blue.

Second, after looking at your pics, I think she was dead wrong. Your look is very natural, girl next door and attractive. I don't see anything out of balance with your face and that "hide that forehead" comment, WTH????.

Also your hair seems rather wavy/curly in your pic, bangs can get very ornery on wavy hair. I love the idea of bangs on me, but the everyday reality is something else and my hair is not nearly as wavy as yours. And then there is the maintenance to consider, either you trim them yourself or you need to schedule regular visits.

The short version is, I think your hair is lovely as it is and you would look just as lovely with bangs if that is what you wanted. But you don't need bangs or anything else to hide any part of your face.

HeavenlyTresses
April 16th, 2014, 08:24 AM
You are lucky to have a stylist that you can trust and is so supportive but I think having no bangs compliments the shape of your face :) LauraLongLocks is right, you look beautiful just the way you are!

Stiria
April 16th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Your forehead looks fine to me. Not big at all, and definitely not too big. No need to cover it up! I am sure you would look good with bangs, but not necessarily better, as you are so very beautiful already:)

kaydana
April 16th, 2014, 08:25 AM
I wouldn't change a thing, you look lovely as you are. Unless you really really want bangs because you want them, don't get them.

I suspect it was just a sales tactic, and this is exactly the effect she wanted to have. If she makes a comment like that, it makes you self-conscious about your forehead, so you pay her to cut your hair to hide it. Therefore she makes money.

redredrobin
April 16th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Your forehead looks 'normal' sized. I would say it was small before I would it was big.

Marika
April 16th, 2014, 08:28 AM
There's nothing wrong with your forehead (and you look pretty)! :blossom:

If you have a large forehead then I must have a flat screen tv attached to my head! :redgrin:

I wouldn't get bangs/fringe if I were you. They are just pain in the *** to grow out if you don't want them anymore. And there's no need in my opinion.

I've had comment like that about my nose and it really makes you feel self conscious :(

Lady Mary
April 16th, 2014, 08:29 AM
I just wanted to add, as a five head, I have heard this a lot in my life. I find it really rude as I would never recommend someone wear a mask to hide their nose or something similar.

Your forehead is not huge and you don't need bangs to hide it. Remember two things about comments like this, one is that, it's her job to cut hair and that's how she makes money. If you grow yours out she lost a customer. If she convinces you to get fringe, you need maintenance on it. She might even be recommending it subconsciously. The second point is that people are always trying to nudge us into line, within the "normal standards" and a larger forehead or whatever is outside of this magic "acceptable norm." There is absolutely nothing wrong with your forehead. In fact I quite like it. Best wishes on whatever you decide.

dulce
April 16th, 2014, 08:35 AM
I think Kaydana hit it on the nose with her comments.Bangs aren't free and once she gets you in there ,I'll bet she'll try and persuade you on a tiny,tiny trim too ..

chen bao jun
Her paycheck needs your input and she is being rude to get you to keep contributing to it (her paycheck).
That's the problem with being friends with people who need you for something, you can't really trust what they have to say. Keep going to her as a stylist if she otherwise does a good job, but don't think of her as a 'friend' because she's not. And now that you know that she does this, be prepared to put a lid on her next time. This was not a joke, even though she was laughing. she seriously did insult you. and its not even true (not that it would be an excuse if it was). My sister has a forehead at least two inches further back than yours and she has always been considered a beauty, and in fact has won beauty contests and she has NEVER had bangs.

When you go to this woman for a trim, keep a good eye on her. That's all I have to say.

shutterpillar
I agree with everyone else and say don't change a thing! Your forehead is definitely not big at all, and I am assuming your stylist probably just wants a reason to get you in there and spend some money every couple months. ;)

You look gorgeous just as you are!

Haybop
April 16th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Nothing wrong with your forehead - looks perfectly lovely & normal sized to me. It costs me £2/£3 every time I want to get my fringe trimmed and that's on the cheap side and has to be done 4/6 weeks.
So as you don't require them and didn't wish for them - don't get talked into getting them, you look perfectly lovely as you are :)

Kaelee
April 16th, 2014, 08:47 AM
You're beautiful. Bangs would look great on you- but you certainly don't need them!

ARG
April 16th, 2014, 08:49 AM
I think your forehead fits perfectly in with your face shape and I wouldn't get bangs, if I were you. Your hair style is lovely without them.

turquoisedays
April 16th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Your forehead doesn't look big to me at all and you look good without bangs. (In addition, you don't even look 41 to me, I would've guessed around 30.)

Kaelee
April 16th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Her paycheck needs your input and she is being rude to get you to keep contributing to it (her paycheck).
That's the problem with being friends with people who need you for something, you can't really trust what they have to say. Keep going to her as a stylist if she otherwise does a good job, but don't think of her as a 'friend' because she's not. And now that you know that she does this, be prepared to put a lid on her next time. This was not a joke, even though she was laughing. she seriously did insult you. and its not even true (not that it would be an excuse if it was). My sister has a forehead at least two inches further back than yours and she has always been considered a beauty, and in fact has won beauty contests and she has NEVER had bangs.

When you go to this woman for a trim, keep a good eye on her. That's all I have to say.

This is completely true. She insulted you in an attempt to gain more business from you (!!!)...what is it with the "beauty industry"...seems like the standard practice is to insult people (more or less outright) in order to get them to let you change something about themselves for money. No thank you!

two_wheels
April 16th, 2014, 09:01 AM
How rude of her! You look lovely, and I think you will continue look lovely with or without bangs- although of course, my personal opinion is no more relevant than your stylist's.

Of the Fae
April 16th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Dude, your forehead is really pretty. And so is the rest of your face, ánd your brows, too. My forehead is even higher and I don't have a fringe even though people used to tell me it was large. I get compliments all the time for it now because seemingly it looks classical.
My point is: Be who you are! You have a great face, you don't have to hide it with bangs if you don't feel like it! There will always be people who have some comment about something or another, but in the end it is about you feeling good about yoursélf. Feel comfortable with your look :)

Leeloo
April 16th, 2014, 09:05 AM
I think you have beautiful completion and bone structure, it would be a shame to cover it up.

flemeister
April 16th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Note: I will delete this post by the end of the day because it does show my face....;)
Up to you, but IMO just delete the links to your face, and leave the post intact. Some really good and timeless advice in here for other people to discover and view for years to come. :)

she said, "Well just come in so we can cut you some bangs to hide that [B]forehead while it grows." (Her emphasis)
*Looks at comment*
*Looks at your photos*
*Looks at both again*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYbetvkPA6I

:D

lapushka
April 16th, 2014, 09:12 AM
You look fine. She just wants you to come in so she can charge you with a service! Of course!

mz_butterfly
April 16th, 2014, 09:15 AM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with your forehead, it is not out of proportion to your face, it does not look odd or weird. You look beautiful and I think that some stylists are just looking for excuses to do your hair in a different way, so they can keep you coming back and making money. Whatever her personal preference is, regarding bangs or foreheads, should not be projected onto you.

You look great, nothing is abnormal or strange and I wouldn't worry about her forehead comments. :flowers:

Hosta
April 16th, 2014, 09:17 AM
I think you look beautiful. Only add bangs if you really want them.

MsBubbles
April 16th, 2014, 09:30 AM
You look beautiful without anything crowding out or covering your forehead. It's a perfectly lovely looking forehead. Good grief. What is wrong with people.

Anyway, you're a better person than I am. My only suggestion as to what you could 'say' to her would be something like you could offer to go clothes shopping with your hair stylist, to help her 'cover up that butt', or I don't know, some other kind of body part that is perfectly fine on her. Just to get the point across. But no. You seem more polite than me!

Carolyn
April 16th, 2014, 09:44 AM
My forehead is wider than yours. You don't have a big forehead. I've been much wider ones in pics posted here and never once thought the person needed bangs. I'm an anti bangs person anyways and very sick of the current bangs fad.

Siowiel
April 16th, 2014, 09:44 AM
I have a waaaaaaay higher forehead than you and I display it proudly!
High foreheads make a person look intelligent (we all here, of course, do not only APPEAR intelligent) and fits the schema of childlike characteristics more, so women who have it appear cuter.
Why would I want to hide something that desirable?

PurpleSunshine
April 16th, 2014, 09:46 AM
You are very pretty. I wouldn't change a thing. She was completely wrong and out of line.

Andeee
April 16th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Wow, you are really really pretty! Your forehead is in perfect proportion to the rest of your lovely oval shaped face. You look great without bangs, would prob look great with them as well but they are not necessary as you've nothing to 'hide'.

ositarosita
April 16th, 2014, 09:51 AM
1. You are STUNNING
2. You don't have a big forehead
3. If you want bangs go for it (but I recommend looking at the growing out bangs thread first)

I would take her comment with a grain of salt :)

oatmealpie
April 16th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Don't know what she's talking about. You have a lovely, oval-shaped face. Your forehead is totally proportional to the rest of your face, and there's nothing to hide. I'm sure your stylist is nice, but she wants business. She was just coming up with a reason you should pay her to do your hair.

Scarlet_Heart
April 16th, 2014, 09:58 AM
I didn't read all of the responses, but as someone with a fivehead, I have to say, you are very beautiful! And your forehead looks totally normal and not franken-ish to me at all!

Way to try and drum up business by making a potential client feel insecure. :rolleyes:

ETA: Looking through the thread, I see my ideas on the situation are not original! So it's pretty obvious what she was getting at, and I also agree with everything Chen said.

momschicklets
April 16th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Wow hopped in the shower and came back to such encouragement and perspective for my style and forehead LOL...thank you all very much :blossom: I can't respond to everyone but wanted to comment a little here and there:

Also your hair seems rather wavy/curly in your pic, bangs can get very ornery on wavy hair. I love the idea of bangs on me, but the everyday reality is something else and my hair is not nearly as wavy as yours. And then there is the maintenance to consider, either you trim them yourself or you need to schedule regular visits.

I never thought of how my wavyish hair could make bangs a PIA...good thing to consider next time I start to dial her number for bangs.

I wouldn't change a thing, you look lovely as you are. Unless you really really want bangs because you want them, don't get them.

I suspect it was just a sales tactic, and this is exactly the effect she wanted to have. If she makes a comment like that, it makes you self-conscious about your forehead, so you pay her to cut your hair to hide it. Therefore she makes money.

And I suspect you're right :D I have always trusted her for changes to my hair so I didn't suspect this right away. I figured she was being "helpful." I'm over it.

I've had comment like that about my nose and it really makes you feel self conscious :(

This struck a chord with me. I think it takes a lifetime to come to a point of self-acceptance. It's not an easy thing at all.

Remember two things about comments like this, one is that, it's her job to cut hair and that's how she makes money. If you grow yours out she lost a customer. If she convinces you to get fringe, you need maintenance on it. She might even be recommending it subconsciously. The second point is that people are always trying to nudge us into line, within the "normal standards" and a larger forehead or whatever is outside of this magic "acceptable norm." There is absolutely nothing wrong with your forehead. In fact I quite like it. Best wishes on whatever you decide.

So true...and something to apply to all parts of our lives. Trying to fit into the acceptable "norm" as opposed to being comfortable with who we are. We are all beautiful in our own unique way.

I think Kaydana hit it on the nose with her comments.Bangs aren't free and once she gets you in there ,I'll bet she'll try and persuade you on a tiny,tiny trim too ..

:scissors::scissors: I don't even want to be tempted!

Excellent reality check :agree:

Your forehead doesn't look big to me at all and you look good without bangs. (In addition, you don't even look 41 to me, I would've guessed around 30.)

Thank goodness for low lighting and blurry pictures... Thank you.

My point is: Be who you are! You have a great face, you don't have to hide it with bangs if you don't feel like it! There will always be people who have some comment about something or another, but in the end it is about you feeling good about yoursélf. Feel comfortable with your look :)

Thank you for this reminder

Up to you, but IMO just delete the links to your [beautiful] face, and leave the post intact. Some really good and timeless advice in here for other people to discover and view for years to come. :)

Good idea...I think I will do that.

*Looks at comment*
*Looks at your photos*
*Looks at both again*

Ha! This had me laughing....

You look fine. She just wants you to come in so she can charge you with a service! Of course!

I love your comments Lapushka....always honest, to-the-point and never sugar coated. I hoped you would chime in :o

. My only suggestion as to what you could 'say' to her would be something like you could offer to go clothes shopping with your hair stylist, to help her 'cover up that butt', or I don't know, some other kind of body part that is perfectly fine on her. Just to get the point across. But no. You seem more polite than me!

Hahaha...very funny.

Thank all of you for your kind comments and help...I've decided my forehead is just fine thankyouverymuch. For now I will just let my forehead BE. I really don't want bangs and never intended to cut bangs, so that's what should matter.

eadwine
April 16th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Usually the hairdresser won't charge extra if it is a private one. So I doubt it is that that triggered the comment.

Comments aside: is there a way to do faux bangs? Does anyone know how to do that? So not cut them, but just make it look as if. Then you can take another picture, put them next to each other and decide what YOU want because of what YOU like best on YOU :)

IMHO: you look just fine as you are now, but it can never hurt to take a look and truly decide for yourself what YOU want. Otherwise this doubt you have now is going to be coming along with you on every haircut she will ever give you. Not fun.

Micayla47
April 16th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Ridiculous!! You have a totally normal forehead. Whenever I see pictures of myself, I decide my forehead is too big and I need bangs. And I always regret it. My advice: stay the course. And your pictures are beautiful :)

momschicklets
April 16th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Wow hopped in the shower and came back to such encouragement and perspective for my style and forehead LOL...thank you all very much :blossom: I can't respond to everyone but wanted to comment a little here and there:

I never thought of how my wavyish hair could make bangs a PIA...good thing to consider next time I start to dial her number for bangs.

And I suspect you're right :D I have always trusted her for changes to my hair so I didn't suspect this right away. I figured she was being "helpful." I'm over it.

This struck a chord with me. I think it takes a lifetime to come to a point of self-acceptance. It's not an easy thing at all.

Remember two things about comments like this, one is that, it's her job to cut hair and that's how she makes money. If you grow yours out she lost a customer. If she convinces you to get fringe, you need maintenance on it. She might even be recommending it subconsciously. The second point is that people are always trying to nudge us into line, within the "normal standards" and a larger forehead or whatever is outside of this magic "acceptable norm." There is absolutely nothing wrong with your forehead. In fact I quite like it. Best wishes on whatever you decide.

So true...and something to apply to all parts of our lives. Trying to fit into the acceptable "norm" as opposed to being comfortable with who we are. We are all beautiful in our own unique way.

:scissors::scissors: I don't even want to be tempted!

Excellent reality check :agree:

Thank goodness for low lighting and blurry pictures... Thank you.

Thank you for this reminder

Up to you, but IMO just delete the links to your [beautiful] face, and leave the post intact. Some really good and timeless advice in here for other people to discover and view for years to come. :)

Good idea...I think I will do that.

*Looks at comment*
*Looks at your photos*
*Looks at both again*

Ha! This had me laughing....

I love your comments Lapushka....always honest, to-the-point and never sugar coated. I hoped you would chime in :o

. My only suggestion as to what you could 'say' to her would be something like you could offer to go clothes shopping with your hair stylist, to help her 'cover up that butt', or I don't know, some other kind of body part that is perfectly fine on her. Just to get the point across. But no. You seem more polite than me!

Hahaha...very funny.

Thank all of you for your kind comments and help...I've decided my forehead is just fine thankyouverymuch. For now I will just let my forehead BE. I really don't want bangs and never intended to cut bangs, so that's what should matter.

momschicklets
April 16th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Sorry I posted that long reply twice...sorry about that :)

Vrindi
April 16th, 2014, 10:14 AM
You don't need bangs. You look great without them! Bangs would take away from your eyes, which are really beautiful. But, if you wanted bangs, you could probably pull them off. Just remember, you should really want them, because they're a pain and they take a long time to grow out. I'd go for longer ones you could pin back or sweep to the side if you go for it.

Nadine <3
April 16th, 2014, 10:16 AM
I think you look amazing just the way you are! No need to change because someone else thinks you need it.

ErinLeigh
April 16th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Wow is she kidding? You have the perfect oval face. Perfect. Not one section is disproportionate to another.
Studies show people see beauty in symmetrical faces. You face is perfectly balanced and honestly I like the look without bangs. It shows the great shape of your face. I wish mine was as balanced.

If you want bangs get them but you do not need to hide anything. I am very puzzled by the stylist statement. She may just want you to get bangs so you come back more often for touch-ups. Simple as that. She's playing on making you feel insecure so you come back monthly and pay for bang trims. At that point she will try to talk you into a dusting so the $$$ keeps rolling in.

höpönasu
April 16th, 2014, 10:19 AM
I can't see any photos but I have a big forehead and I don't feel comfortable with bangs. My forehead gets oily so bangs will get too and that's not nice. Even bangs would cover it up I feel better with my bangs grown out of the way. Usually when I've had my bangs cut I've let them grow back, then go and have them cut again, they grow... I really don't know what to do with them but it's easier when I can just wipe them behind my ear.

lapushka
April 16th, 2014, 10:26 AM

Oooh that is so nice of you to say. Thank you so much!!! :flowers:

truepeacenik
April 16th, 2014, 10:34 AM
You look just lovely as it stands.
Wispy bangs could be interesting, but when one decides to grow those out.. Well, let's say if I tuck my ponytail, I can fake a mom bob/Phishhead bob.

Truepeacenik's rule of hair growth:
Hair you maintain at a shorter length, using the four to six week recommendations grows faster than hair you want at knee.
Bangs grow inversely to your desire for them. ;)

Likely, she is trying to get you in for something, anything, if you haven't been in for a while. Clumsy marketing. And you should let her know it was off putting. She can't be the only stylist. I lived in a town of 600 and we had three.

Eta, is there a bangs fad going on now? Could it be that?

Rio040113
April 16th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Echoing what everyone else has to say, you look fabulous as you are! Could you pull off a side swept fringe/bangs? Sure. Do you need to? Absolutely not!

eadwine
April 16th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Good for you on doing what YOU want! *thumbs up* :D

Enrapture
April 16th, 2014, 10:43 AM
wow, that obviously was a very rude comment! Your forehead isn't huge at all, I think you look great with this hair and would like with bangs too. But I don't think you need them. Don't listen to her :)

Ocelan
April 16th, 2014, 10:45 AM
You definitely have a beautiful and well-proportioned face as others have said so hiding nothing is needed. I personally think no bangs would look better on you than bangs, but do whatever you want yourself. I would suggest side swept ones if you want bangs.

Please, don't let this one comment of one person (who is probably just trying to keep you as a paying customer) get to you and start doubting the beautifulness of your face. She may have even regretted it the moment she had blabbed that thing our of her mouth, or she may not, but the thing is, it's just something one person said. I know how one bad comment can leave an emotional scar, but it shouldn't. It was just one comment and as we can see, there have been tons of comments here to counteract that. So never look at your forehead again and think it needs to be covered up as it most obviously doesn't. :)

fairylover46
April 16th, 2014, 10:47 AM
You have a classical look that reminds me of paintings of the royal ladies from Rennaissance times. Your hairdresser is trying to mess with your head to get you in the salon for regular bang trims. Sooner or later she will suggest a cut, then a color, then expensive treatments when you have dry, split hair as a result of the color.(and the blowdrying and curling ironing that she will definitely do) Then will come more trims and root touchups, and on, and on, and on.............................This person insulted you to make you feel insecure about yourself in the hopes of monetary gain. That was a lowdown thing to do and she is not your friend. You are beautiful just the way you are and you have every reason to be confident in your appearance. Don't let her plant that seed of doubt.

Panth
April 16th, 2014, 11:52 AM
So... she never said anything about your forehead or needing a fringe. Until the day you told her you won't need the length trimmed any more.

Yeah, that's not at all suspicious...

Wosie
April 16th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Not having read all the other replies I'm going to say that she has no clue what she's talking about. ;) Your forehead is fine, more than fine, actually... It looks very nice and smooth (honestly I'm a lil' envious of your forehead!) and it's a suitable shape and size for your face. She just wants you to visit the salon more frequently, I reckon.

rosaacicularis
April 16th, 2014, 12:23 PM
As for the forehead, it's great. :P I like you without bangs. As for the stylist, you never know what was going on when she said that. I have said some stupid, unclear stuff while trying to make a joke. For example, I have referenced conversations from other people while trying to be funny/make conversation - only to realize afterward that the person I was speaking to probably took it personally because they had no idea what I was talking about. Anyway, you never know, she could have chewed herself up for saying something awkward all day. People are weird. :P

Brynja
April 16th, 2014, 12:24 PM
My forehead is way bigger than yours and I usually get complimented on it,some people actually think that a big forehead is beautiful :p I used to be really shy about it when I was younger and I tried covering it with bangs and layers because most of the girls at my school used to make fun of it,hahaha. Your stylist probably didn't even realize that she said this in a mean way (I would definitely be insulted). You have beautiful skin and good proportions,would be a shame to hide it. Also now that summer is coming,it will totally annoy you ;)

Kherome
April 16th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Wow that lady is a real jerk. First of all, even if you HAD a frankenforehead that would have been grossly rude to say. But you don't. You don't even have what I would call a high forehead. I have no bangs and a big ol' forehead myself. Don't get bangs unless you want to for your own reasons. And I would totally talk to that lady and tell her if she wants YOUR business again she needs to apologize and keep her apparently big mouth shut.

ETA: This is no more appropriate than saying to someone "Come see me about getting you some jeans that hide that fat gut of yours! Wow...that was just an awful comment that would have really offended me.

koolkittychick
April 16th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Your stylist is very rude and mean and you should totally disregard her. You have a very pretty face (and gorgeous skin!) and you look lovely just the way you are. Get bangs if you want them, but you certainly don't need them.

OleanderTime
April 16th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Your hairline is lovely and your skin is perfect. I have no idea what she's talking about - how weird!

SleepyTangles
April 16th, 2014, 12:56 PM
You have a elongated face, but the proportions are very elegant and harmonious, no need to hide :).

Weewah
April 16th, 2014, 01:44 PM
I think she's probably used to clients who come in every day wanting to cover up their foreheads, so it seems normal to her to talk smack about foreheads. She might even have felt bad or embarrassed about saying that afterwards. Your forehead is like the perfect size I think. :)

georgia_peach
April 16th, 2014, 01:49 PM

When you go to this woman for a trim, keep a good eye on her. That's all I have to say. My reply was going to be very similar to chen bao jun's. If she just wants to give you a little bit of bangs to hide your forehead, what might be next? A shorter length to supposedly flatter your jawline or short layers to soften your features? (NOT that you need to flatter or soften any of your beautiful features whatsoever! Those are just comments that I have personally experienced from hair stylists.) Keep a watchful eye if you decide to let her trim your hair again. And don't fall for those "helpful" suggestions.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 16th, 2014, 01:51 PM
You look absolutely fine the way you are - your forehead is just the same size as mine and I have never had bangs - well, I did once and they didn't seem to look right on me anyway.

Synnovea
April 16th, 2014, 01:54 PM
It might have been a way to try and get your backside in her chair, so she could continue your business relationship. Stylists, in general, don't like it when we don't need their services that much anymore.

Loviatar
April 16th, 2014, 01:57 PM
I would stay bangs free. You have a lovely oval face shape. And even if you did have a high forehead, which IMO you don't, it's not the business of anyone to comment on it like your stylist did.

I do wonder sometimes if some (not all) hair/beauty stylists just like to plant seeds of insecurity so we will take their unwanted advice. I get my brows threaded regularly, but I'm looking for a new place as the beauticians there all now ask "and shall I also thread your upper lip because of the moustache?" Those exact words. I do not actually have a hairy upper lip; I've heard beauticians say this exact phrase at that salon a few times to me and others. It's just creating insecurities so we spend more money! Bangs require frequent trims so if you're growing your length the stylist may think "yikes, less money for me regularly".

Bangs with your lovely wave pattern I'd imagine would also be a pain.

SkyChild
April 16th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Actually I think your face looks very well-balanced. Your forehead is the right size for your pretty face!
I also second the comments about your lovely even skin. Jealous much

CimarronSun
April 16th, 2014, 02:10 PM
"What?! Seriously???" That was my reaction when I saw you're picture. There is NOTHING even remotely wrong with your forehead. It isn't even high! It is perfect. There *is* something wrong with your stylist. She was probably worried you growing it out meant you were "gently" letting her know you didn't need her anymore and she was trying to keep you as a client. Has she EVER mentioned bangs before?

It just seems so wrong to say something like that. She could have just said, "well that is great. If you like I can do small trim and shape the ends and bangs if you want, they would be cute!" But you do not "need" bangs!

Lucky_Lucy
April 16th, 2014, 02:20 PM
You are very beautiful and your forehead is perfect for your face, definitely not too high :D My advice: don't listen to people like that, who might have an interest in making you feel insecure rather than just being honest. If you want to get bangs, I think they would look great on you, but you look just as great now! :D I think you'd look lovely with any hairstyle actually.

And your skin is so perfect!(do share your secrets XD :)) )

Lucky_Lucy
April 16th, 2014, 02:20 PM
You are very beautiful and your forehead is perfect for your face, definitely not too high :D My advice: don't listen to people like that, who might have an interest in making you feel insecure rather than just being honest. If you want to get bangs, I think they would look great on you, but you look just as great now! :D I think you'd look lovely with any hairstyle actually.

And your skin is so perfect!(do share your secrets XD :)) )

mysticmanic
April 16th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Uhh, RUDE! That's such a bizarre thing for her to joke with you about. Wow. Lol, you look lovely!!! You most definitely do not NEED bangs at all. Your forehead is perfectly normal-sized.

LunaLuvsU
April 16th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Your forehead isnt big and I think bangs would cover too much of your face. You are quite pretty and I think you should go without bangs or anything like that ^^

aztecangel
April 16th, 2014, 02:43 PM
What an extremely bizarre and hurtful thing to say to someone. I wouldn't even go back to a stylist if they said something like that to me. Your forehead looks totally normal.

Macaroni
April 16th, 2014, 02:44 PM
You have a normal forehead and a perfect, oval face, no bangs!

woodswanderer
April 16th, 2014, 02:44 PM
I completely agree with Lady Mary. She's losing income from your decision to grow your hair, so she's trying to find a new way to recoup her losses. She probably didn't even think about whether you would find the comment hurtful. I think your forehead is the definition of normal.

Calaelen
April 16th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Your forehead doesn't need covering up! You are beautiful, and that is what stands out!

mooneyes
April 16th, 2014, 02:51 PM
I don't think you have a high forehead at all! Not that I think there's anything wrong with high foreheads, as the proud owner of one ;P. As a former hair stylist I can say I've seen several stylists prey on people's insecurities to talk them into services. Pretty sad, eh?

LavenderStar
April 16th, 2014, 02:56 PM
I think that you look just beautiful. I love the wave your hair has. Don't let anyone talk you into doing something to your hair that you don't want to do.

Kina
April 16th, 2014, 02:57 PM

Absolutely what Kaydana said. You're lovely, if you want bangs, get them, but you don't *need* them, your forehead is fine and you're very pretty.

AmyBeth
April 16th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Your face is very pretty, and your forehead is, well, absolutely "normal" looking as far as I see. Frankenforhead-:laugh:. Perhaps she was trying to drum up business- if you have bangs cut, you might have to come in for trims more often. I have known hairdressers to say really things that don't initially come off as rude, but the more I think about it, the more offended and hurt I feel. The last time I went in for a consultation, I left the salon feeling as though I suffered through a psychic beating. The old "you're too old for long hair, your face is too long, your nose is too big, let me cut your hair and make your face all better" type spiel. Plus "you really screwed up your color, I can fix that too". Thanks a lot. I really needed that, I'm not insecure enough. I don't think you have to settle for a stylist who has good skills, but a less than comforting bedside manner. I'd look around for someone else, or learn Feye's self cutting method. To repeat once more, your forehead is just fine and fits your pretty face perfectly!

ErinLeigh
April 16th, 2014, 03:30 PM
I went into a salon once to fix a haircut and before i could open my mouth to say what I was there for the lady screamed out "omg we must fix your color..you are 14k gold"
ummm I know, I chose that color. I happened to like the color in my avatar but ended up wondering all day long if people thought my hair was too gold. I wish people would think before speaking but since they don't you have to figure out there is usually a motive behind their words. In my case she wanted to me to pay for a color service, as there is no way she had no idea prior I was only there for a cut. Stylists know their schedule.

momschicklets
April 16th, 2014, 03:56 PM
:blossom::blossom: Well I'm overwhelmed that so many of you would take the time to look at my post and give your opinion on whether bangs would be better with my hairstyle...thank you! I never anticipated the other nice comments on my skin, hair, brows, LOL....that was above and beyond. I'm actually a little embarrassed :o I suppose I could have just let that go on all week long!! :p But I went ahead and took the pics down for now as I feel very confident in my decision now NOT to cut bangs and more resolve to stand firm in that decision regardless of what my stylist, or anyone else, says about it.

Thank you again for your willingness to help...this is an awesome forum :toast::toast:

swearnsue
April 16th, 2014, 04:04 PM

That's what I was thinking too. You don't need her services IMO.