PDA

View Full Version : Great growth in one month!

MiaBeth
April 15th, 2014, 10:31 AM
I gained just about an inch from last month to this month (normally my growth is 1/2" a month), and I so excited/surprised! My hair is very fine and it's been super dry, so last month I decided to increase my conditioning. I do wash my hair every day using garnier hydra moisture shampoo and then alternate with garnier sleek and shine conditioner or Not Your Mothers intensive conditioner. After towel drying, apply a leave-in (either garnier mouse conditioner or ouidad). At night before bed, I've been wetting hair, applying more leave-in conditioner, braiding and then going to bed. At this rate I'll be at APL in no time:D This is the only thing I've changed in my routine (diet/exercise/stress the same), so I'm hopeful it can continue. My hair is not at all weighed down like I thought it would be from the conditioner. I also clarified twice this month using sally's nonsulfate clarifying shampoo. Hope this helps someone else!

Syren_Curls
April 15th, 2014, 04:46 PM
:joy::happydance::cheer::hifive::bottomsup:

That's great! I'm really happy to hear of your additional growth!

FallingDarkness
April 15th, 2014, 04:49 PM
I WANT AN INCH OF HAIR GROWTH!!! I never get much more than 1/2 an inch, if that. Grow faster, stupid hair! *glares*
Congratulations on your growth though! We all wish we could be in your shoes.

catamonica
April 21st, 2014, 03:46 PM
After years of no growth I tried Original mane & tail horse shampoo from Wall Mart. My hair grew fourteen inches to waist. Now it's at hip. I hope it helps. But it doesn't work for everyone.

Lucky_Lucy
April 21st, 2014, 05:10 PM
After years of no growth I tried Original mane & tail horse shampoo from Wall Mart. My hair grew fourteen inches to waist. Now it's at hip. I hope it helps. But it doesn't work for everyone.

Um, is that actually a shampoo for horses?? o.O

Anyway, OP - congrats on all the growth! :D I don't know if this would work for me, I'm pretty much conditioning my hair a lot already; I tried the inversion method and seemed to work though(got .4 in two weeks)!

catamonica
April 21st, 2014, 06:18 PM
The horse shampoo is for horses. But people use it to. I use suave conditioner though. You could try it. It's at grocery stores too. Somebody told me about the shampoo. If I had known about it years ago, I would have tried it then. I'm glad you found
something that worked for you.

MiaBeth
April 21st, 2014, 06:49 PM
The horse shampoo is for horses. But people use it to. I use suave conditioner though. You could try it. It's at grocery stores too. Somebody told me about the shampoo. If I had known about it years ago, I would have tried it then. I'm glad you found
something that worked for you.

I've heard a lot about Mane 'n Tail -- I'm going to try it as soon as I use up some of my stash!

Snoofie
April 22nd, 2014, 02:52 PM
God, I love Mane and Tail. Seriously. I started using it literally the day after my mega-chop last August. I used that as my sole form of shampoo for three months and I firmly believe that's the reason my hair was able to grow as much as it did. My local Wal-Mart stopped carrying it (and they were the only place in my town where you could buy it) so I had to resort to buying it online) but thankfully they've started carrying it again. I seriously am in love with that stuff. *L*