PDA

View Full Version : Layer free!!! and ear length....

CRX<3
April 15th, 2014, 10:06 AM
I'm so happy/confused/sad right now...Yesterday I decided to not cut my hair to the same length before summer because it would end up just under ear. But this morning I drank coffee before breakfast and got hyper. And instead of calling my hairdresser friend and ask for help I cut it myself. And now I look like a little girl with a homemade cut. yay!? or..nay!?? no more layers, but ear length bob ( instead of neck length). was this a good idea, or a really bad one? can't tell. :lol::bigeyes::cry:

SleepyTangles
April 15th, 2014, 10:48 AM
I tend to do these things by impulse, too!! Don't feel guilty, but also don't be ashamed to call your hairdresser friend if you think your haircut needs to be "tidied"!
Is the hemline even? If it is, chances are that everything is ok. They will grow, in any case, so any mistake is absolutely temporary.

Sorry if I'm vague... How does it look? Can you post a photo?

CRX<3
April 15th, 2014, 11:19 AM
It's always comforting to hear the words ( or read) "will grow" :)

http://i59.tinypic.com/eq41a9.jpg

I think the hemline is ok but with a bit of mullet warning! cutting my neck hair was a bit tricky..:scissors:

renia22
April 15th, 2014, 11:29 AM
It does not look like a homemade haircut at all, it look really blunt and super even. Wow, you must have a good eye and a very steady hand! Beautiful color, too!

kganihanova
April 15th, 2014, 11:54 AM
It looks so thick!!

Of the Fae
April 15th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Ah nonoo it looks great! Super even! I can't tell you did it yourself and the color is wonderful. PLUS, will grow indeed!

RedNymph
April 15th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Wow! So even and pretty:)

CRX<3
April 15th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Oh thank you all, I really feel better about the cut now! :o I will try to enjoy it, because it will never ever be this short again! *fingers crossed*

JessicaAnn
April 15th, 2014, 01:26 PM
That is actually super cute. And you'll be amazed at how quickly hair seems to grow at that length. It will be down over your neck before you know it.

snuflan
April 15th, 2014, 01:45 PM
That looks amazing! I can't believe tou did it all by yourself! Good job :)

lapushka
April 15th, 2014, 01:51 PM
That's actually pretty neat for doing it yourself! And it's not as short as I had expected it would be when you first posted. It'll grow in no-time! You'll see. ;)

shutterpillar
April 15th, 2014, 02:16 PM
I agree with everyone else - from the looks of your photo, you did a fantastic job! I don't think I could make my hair look as even as you have if I were cutting it to that length.

SleepyTangles
April 15th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Ooooh, looks nice! You did a good job, no fear :D
I too agree it doesn't seem a home-made cut, or a self-cut. The sides looks even and blunt.
I wouldn't worry too much about what others may think: I know plenty of people who went to a salon and ended up with a cut that didn't look "professional" at all. My mum gets my bangs straighter and more even than most hairstylist I went to.

ErinLeigh
April 15th, 2014, 04:15 PM
You did an awesome job cutting your hair. From the original description I was worried for you.
I think it looks great. It is going to seem to grow so fast and thick too now that is is one length.

No point in regretting it. Sometimes an impulse is driven by something that you felt needs done. You wanted the layers gone and you made it happen. And in the meantime you got a really cute cut for summer. I say enjoy it :)

Syren_Curls
April 15th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Very impressive! You did a very nice job and it looks great! I think it'll grow quite nicely and feel more like it's progressing without the layers :-)

Tini'sNewHair
April 15th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Love it!!! If only i could of done that on myself when i did a bit chop like that because i had to go to a hairdresser twice, the second time being to fix the other ones choppy mistakes.

Lucky_Lucy
April 15th, 2014, 05:46 PM
Wow your hair looks so thick and lovely! And I agree with the others, it looks super even- I've had a salon haircut that was supposed to look like that..but didn't! XD I'm sure your hair will grow in no time :) Happy growing! :flower:

CRX<3
April 16th, 2014, 12:00 AM
You are the best at picking me up, thank you for the sweet words! :heartbeat

Merlin
April 16th, 2014, 12:30 AM
Love it! You've got this whole Louise Brooks thing happening :-)

And there is no way it looks as though you did it yourself