PDA

View Full Version : Scalp exfoliation?

Larki
April 14th, 2014, 09:52 PM
Someone mentioned this a while ago on here, and I'm so curious. How is it done? Are there special products, or would one of those sugar body scrubs work? When I lightly scratch my scalp, I end up with skin under my nails, so I'm guessing this might be a good idea. :p

ositarosita
April 14th, 2014, 10:25 PM
My mother actually sent me a scalp exfoliating thingy http://www.sallybeauty.com/healthy-scalp-treatment/SBS-302774,default,pd.html#q=ion+healthy+scalp&start=3 ... I haven't used it yet but I am definitely looking forward to it

inanna
April 15th, 2014, 12:03 AM
Here's an interesting glimpse into how my mind works: reading about caffeine rinses on LHC + noticing massive amounts of flakies the night before my wash = me with coffee grounds on my scalp in the shower this morning.

I've scrubbed my scalp with sugar and oil before, and it was very difficult to get out. My scalp isn't particularly dry so I didn't see any great benefit to adding the oil. This time I just used the coffee grounds on their own, scrubbed my scalp with them while my hair was still dry trying to avoid roughing up the hair itself, and washed my hair. Luckily, I'm a darkish blonette so any leftovers won't be too noticeable!

I'll report back about whether or not I smell like a coffee bean once my hair is dry. My scalp does feel nice and clean, but I don't think I'll be doing this too frequently because I'm pretty sure I also ended up scrubbing my hair a bit despite trying to be careful. And I made a royal mess of the bathroom in the process. :D

midbackorbust
April 15th, 2014, 12:33 AM
I just got a special scalp scrub from nightblooming that I really like :) you could check that out

sumidha
April 15th, 2014, 12:52 AM
Once or twice a year when I feel like my scalp is really build up-y I'll mix salt and coconut oil to make a paste, then massage that into my scalp in the shower before my wash.

clioariane
April 15th, 2014, 07:40 AM
Philip Kingsley has an exfoliating scalp mask: http://www.philipkingsley.com/exfoliating-scalp-mask.html