PDA

View Full Version : Hair OCD?

Leslieslsa
April 14th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Now that my hair has finally hit tailbone I am noticing this more and more. If I accidentally snap a piece of hair, I feel bad and it bothers me for a while. It doesn't happen very often anymore because I am careful, but sometimes it does. Last night I had a dream I snapped a few pieces off and was not happy!! I know this may sound goofy but is anyone else like this?

FallingDarkness
April 14th, 2014, 06:49 PM
No, I always freak whenever my hair snags on anything, and my hair isn't even long yet.
I think I'm overprotective, which doesn't make sense, because I still have my hair down 2 days of the week!!! :(

GrowingOut
April 14th, 2014, 07:06 PM
I'm extremely protective of who I let touch my hair, due to some experiences I've had where my boundary was crossed and my hair was almost pulled out. I'm over-protective now, and sometimes tell even my closest friends to just let go of my hair and let me put it up.

Leslieslsa
April 14th, 2014, 07:13 PM
I have had past issues too. I was in the hospital psych ward and I went to let a girl french braid my hair and she pulled a bunch out and I freaked out!! Now I don't let anyone style my hair. Trust no one!! lol

spidermom
April 14th, 2014, 07:17 PM
I have a little pang when I break a hair, I think because I know it's preventable. But overall I'm pretty relaxed about my hair these days. Before I grew to my goal of classic length (then cut back), I was a freak about my hair. I believe I was so anxious because I was afraid I'd never grow to my goal.

swearnsue
April 14th, 2014, 08:14 PM
I have an OCD hair thing. I have to check shed hairs for a root bulb to make sure it was shed and not broken off. I don't check the hairs in the brush though. Nor in the drain trap. Just the loose ones I find all over my shirt, chair, etc.

jacqueline101
April 14th, 2014, 08:19 PM
I have an OCD hair thing. I have to check shed hairs for a root bulb to make sure it was shed and not broken off. I don't check the hairs in the brush though. Nor in the drain trap. Just the loose ones I find all over my shirt, chair, etc.

I do this and I feel bad when I snap off a hair.

Leslieslsa
April 14th, 2014, 09:45 PM

I do that too lol