PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me identify my hair texture? Photo included.

Symphony
April 14th, 2014, 07:27 AM
I don't have a lot of experience touching other people's hair, so I am not really sure what is coarse, medium, fine. I think my hair LOOKs fine, but I can still feel it when I roll it in my fingers... However, I am a 3b/c curl pattern, and maybe I can feel it because of the way the hair shaft is shaped?

I didn't know what to post with it to compare the size, so I posted a pen... My hair is medium brown

http://i.imgur.com/1biIV3m.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Marbid
April 14th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Fine to medium is what it looks like to me..... As in between fine and medium... Maybe...definitely not coarse... Clearly visible but that has to do with hair color too. But it looks delicate like.... So between fine and medium...

Charybdis
April 14th, 2014, 08:03 AM
That one hair in your photo looks like medium coarseness to me. Is it representative of what most of your hair looks like? I ask because my hair is mostly medium in coarseness, but I also get some fine hairs and a few coarse ones among my sheds.

Symphony
April 14th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Yeah, I think it is pretty representative (Probably at least 80% of my hair, if not more). I've definitely seen finer, and on the rare occasion, coarser hairs.

lapushka
April 14th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Kind of hard to see in the picture, but I agree with F to M. Certainly not coarse.

Henna Girl
April 14th, 2014, 12:24 PM
I believe it is fine, can't be sure!

GoldenSilk
April 14th, 2014, 01:06 PM
I'd say more fine than medium. Does it fly away in the wind, feel fragile, or get weighted down by heavy conditioners and/or cones? Those are other characteristics of most fine hair.

Anje
April 14th, 2014, 01:36 PM
I think I'd also guesstimate that as being about Fine. Not that super-extra fine that some people have, but normalish fine.

Marika
April 14th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Your hair strand seems very similar to mine and I have categorized myself as fine. I used to ponder between F and M too because I can also feel the hair easily if I roll it between my fingers. And I get split ends (I mean those Christmas tree looking ones) very easily and I've heard that many fineys don't have problems with splits.

I ended up with fine because my hair is very soft and not that resilient. I don't know...:redgrin:

ravenheather
April 14th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Looks alot like mine and I classify myself as fine.

jeanniet
April 14th, 2014, 04:00 PM
I'd say F, maybe on the M side of F.

Wisť
April 15th, 2014, 08:14 AM
I think if it was blonde instead of brown, we would hardly be able to see the hair in the picture, so I also lean more to the fine side.
My hair is thinner than yours and I can still feel it when I roll my fingers, so I would not give to much credit to it, maybe it is a curly thing as you said.

Oh, if you are willing to do the effort, this method (http://science-yhairblog.blogspot.de/2012/06/is-your-hair-fine-medium-or-coarse-how.html) sounds pretty foolproof.

Symphony
April 15th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Oh my god, Wise!!! I had never seen you post before. I had to comment on your sig... I'm feeling so inspired!! Your hair looks really similar to mine, though my curls are tighter I think (though, I wonder if they will loosen some when they are longer... weight and all). New long curly hair role model!! <3