PDA

View Full Version : Should I Get Bangs Again? (photos)

MadeiraD
April 13th, 2014, 05:30 PM
https://24.media.tumblr.com/691519833f498ea5e685a88ab1098d38/tumblr_n3y6l3wLeV1qfjmrvo1_500.jpg

I saw this photos and it made me REALLY miss my V-bangs

There's me with my bangs:
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzgdxu0KVo1qb5grro1_r1_500.jpg

http://media.tumblr.com/43a3967932f14ce9906e54eee2c7b378/tumblr_inline_mmmihj19u01qz4rgp.jpg

And here's me without bangs:
http://31.media.tumblr.com/dbb0bbe3df7267b62257de6c75831157/tumblr_n3swxbpMnT1qb5grro2_500.jpg

Pros of Bangs:
1. They look cool
2. The'd frame my face when I wear my hair back
3. They make me feel very punk rock

Cons of bangs:
1. Getting them to sit right is hard (I have a place where they love to split)
2. They're not very versatile
3, Forehead zits

spidermom
April 13th, 2014, 05:32 PM
That first picture looks pretty cool, I like it. There are more versatile bangs shapes you can look into. I love my bangs and haven't had a single thought about getting rid of them since I got them cut 1+ year ago.

Nadine <3
April 13th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Yes, those bangs are awesome! I really like the color you have in them too :)

Blue Mermaid
April 13th, 2014, 05:42 PM
I honestly think you look better without the bangs, I also am not a fan of that particular style. To me it looks harsh and does nothing to enhance your natural beauty. But that's just my 2 cents. I think a nice long swoopy bang could be nice and more versatile. Also, do you chemically dye your hair or do you henndigo? It's a very nice shade of black

cathair
April 13th, 2014, 05:51 PM
You looking stunning in your first picture, they look amazing with those eyebrows! I guess you would need to weigh up whether you want the effort to making them pretty every day. That looks like more work than I could imagine myself being able to keep up. If you don't mind me saying, they don't look so striking in the second picture and I could imagine that's how they would end up fairly often.

Aderyn
April 13th, 2014, 06:05 PM
I think you look great either way! As mentioned before, there is a bit of upkeep and what if you decide you don't want bangs in a few months time? Or want to have a bang-free look once in a while? Do you have some sort of way to secure them back and still be comfortable with the look? If you have a way to do that without issue, I'd be more inclined to say bangs may be a good option.

Have you thought about giving clip in bangs a try and just coloring/cutting those how you want, too?

Blue Mermaid
April 13th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Have you thought about giving clip in bangs a try and just coloring/cutting those how you want, too?

I think that's a great idea!

Lady Mary
April 13th, 2014, 06:53 PM
You look very epic with fringe. Very pretty.

antler_tines
April 13th, 2014, 07:17 PM
I think you look great without bangs! Another con of bangs is when you decide to grow them out ugh! I decided to cut mine a while back and regretted it almost immediately :shrug: You look very sophisticated with out bangs :)

divinedobbie
April 13th, 2014, 07:21 PM
I vote no bangs personally.

AmberlynAsh
April 13th, 2014, 07:22 PM
You look nice both ways!
I second clip on bangs, you get the best of both worlds, you can get human hair ones & color/cut them how you please! I got a pair & I like them, however I don't wear them too often

umbrellabones
April 13th, 2014, 07:27 PM
They definitely do give you a more punk/goth/edge if that's what you are looking for and you wear them really well. I think they looked awesome. without bangs you still have that edge but you look more...professional I guess would be the word for it? more like corporate punk/goth...if that makes any sense whatsoever which I also think is a really good look. Anywho, I guess I'm not very helpful because I think you look gorgeous with both and I don't think you'll go wrong either way.

divinedobbie
April 13th, 2014, 07:32 PM
They definitely do give you a more punk/goth/edge if that's what you are looking for and you wear them really well. I think they looked awesome. without bangs you still have that edge but you look more...professional I guess would be the word for it? more like corporate punk/goth...if that makes any sense whatsoever which I also think is a really good look. Anywho, I guess I'm not very helpful because I think you look gorgeous with both and I don't think you'll go wrong either way.

That just sums up what I couldn't find the words to say.

BrendaLoan
April 13th, 2014, 07:41 PM
I think both look great on you! And agree completely with Aderyn, clip in bangs sound like a very good idea

Vanilla
April 13th, 2014, 07:45 PM
I agree with the others about clip in bangs. I know they would lie straighter on your forehead, and you wouldn't have to worry about forehead zits.

AmberlynAsh
April 13th, 2014, 07:51 PM
I agree with the others about clip in bangs. I know they would lie straighter on your forehead, and you wouldn't have to worry about forehead zits.
& If you happened to get a forehead zit you can slap on the bangs to hide it..lol

Larki
April 13th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Did you get forehead zits when you had bangs before? I ask because I've always had blunt bangs and my forehead is actually the only place I never get pimples. It's unfortunate, really, because that's the only place no one can see. :p

MadeiraD
April 13th, 2014, 08:31 PM
Decided to go with the clip ins (I love hair pieces and yay versatility... going to get them in SO many colors).

As to the professional, hmm good point, in terms of clients being able to moderate my weirdoness is probably a good idea (the fact that as a professional dominatrix I have to keep my tattoos hidden is a little insane, I mean come on, I chose this profession because I don't like living in normal society)

Vanilla
April 13th, 2014, 08:39 PM
MadieraD where are you getting your clip in bangs from? I've been back and forth about getting a set of clip on bangs, but my natural hair color is really hard to match. Are you planning on getting a pale color and dying them yourself?

I was thinking this might work for me if I did that.

MadeiraD
April 13th, 2014, 08:59 PM
I'm planning on getting a couple from taobaopit on amazon, in various colours, my main color is easy to match as it's basically jet black, and the red bit is a mixture of colours anyway (an I don't mind contrast or difference between the fake hair and my real hair as my look makes sense with varied colors)

umbrellabones
April 13th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Decided to go with the clip ins (I love hair pieces and yay versatility... going to get them in SO many colors).

As to the professional, hmm good point, in terms of clients being able to moderate my weirdoness is probably a good idea (the fact that as a professional dominatrix I have to keep my tattoos hidden is a little insane, I mean come on, I chose this profession because I don't like living in normal society)

Clip ins sound perfect now that you mention tweaking your appearance for different clients. You should post pictures when you get the clip ins. I would love to see them! :)

Dessi
April 13th, 2014, 09:42 PM
You're cool with bangs but I think you're even more beautiful without bangs!

ErinLeigh
April 13th, 2014, 10:00 PM
Clip ons. Best of all worlds, lots of colors and shapes, and you still get all the thickness of your long hair.
Since you tend to like some cool unique looks the clip ons would give you lots of styles to choose from without commitment. Also will solve the split in the bangs issue. You could cut one pair into the V and they will lay as you want them too.

I really like you with both looks so i couldn't choose a favorite hence why i say clip. Get both options.
After typing this I decided to buy some for myself!

EDIT: ha! should kept reading. Saw you made a decision.

NymphSpirit
April 13th, 2014, 10:12 PM
(the fact that as a professional dominatrix I have to keep my tattoos hidden is a little insane, I mean come on, I chose this profession because I don't like living in normal society)

That's hilarious! Well, I think you look great without a fringe but the deep V does make you look more severe in a good way. Loving the choice you made, not only because growing a V shaped fringe is the worst (I'm in the middle of it at the moment) but also because you'll get to try so many colour combinations!

Aderyn
April 13th, 2014, 10:40 PM
Clip ons. Best of all worlds, lots of colors and shapes, and you still get all the thickness of your long hair.
Since you tend to like some cool unique looks the clip ons would give you lots of styles to choose from without commitment. Also will solve the split in the bangs issue. You could cut one pair into the V and they will lay as you want them too.

I really like you with both looks so i couldn't choose a favorite hence why i say clip. Get both options.
After typing this I decided to buy some for myself!

EDIT: ha! should kept reading. Saw you made a decision.

Definitely. I think the variety of colors/cuts possible with clip ins is definitely ideal, as you don't have to put your real hair through the dying and the cutting/trimming and they're easy to put in. Very simple to change your look dramatically without too much effort or the commitment involved with cutting bangs in. Then should you decide you want to go bang-free, well, your hair is already set and ready to go, don't have to worry about waiting years (possibly a decade or more - especially with longer hair) to grow them out again or pinning them back.

I would like to see some pics of the clip ins as well.

Danu
April 13th, 2014, 10:51 PM
@}-`-]-,-'- preifat -'-,-{-`-{@

MaryO
April 14th, 2014, 12:20 AM
I think the bangs make your face look a bit edgier if that's what you want to go for. The bang-less pic is very feminine and pretty to me. ;-)

Vanilla
April 14th, 2014, 11:59 AM
I'm planning on getting a couple from taobaopit on amazon, in various colours, my main color is easy to match as it's basically jet black, and the red bit is a mixture of colours anyway (an I don't mind contrast or difference between the fake hair and my real hair as my look makes sense with varied colors)

Thanks for letting me know where you'll be getting them from.

ravenheather
April 14th, 2014, 02:16 PM
I vote no bangs.

Lucky_Lucy
April 14th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Decided to go with the clip ins (I love hair pieces and yay versatility... going to get them in SO many colors).As to the professional, hmm good point, in terms of clients being able to moderate my weirdoness is probably a good idea (the fact that as a professional dominatrix I have to keep my tattoos hidden is a little insane, I mean come on, I chose this profession because I don't like living in normal society)Just when I was thinking this was my ideal job..how am I going to be able to hide my tattoos??..may I ask, if it's not too much of a weird question, how you hide yours-with clothing? Or is there any other way of hiding tattoos that I'm not aware of ??Anyway, I wanted to say that I think you look stunning both with the bangs and without XD

longhairdreamin
April 14th, 2014, 02:24 PM
I think you look absolutely beautiful either way!!!! On a side note, I didn't know there was such a thing as clip-in bangs!!! I wish I would have known about them last year when I decided that I wanted bangs again... I liked them for about 3 weeks and then I wished I hadn't cut my hair! lol Back to growing them...

snuflan
April 14th, 2014, 04:08 PM
I vote for bangs! I think it suited you :)

lapushka
April 14th, 2014, 05:32 PM
I like it without the bangs. Bangs are also a PITA to style, IMMHO they are at least. ;)

miranda75
April 14th, 2014, 08:01 PM
WOW! Those are some AMAZING bangs!!! However, I vote to hold off a little longer. You have a very beautiful face, and no bangs softens your features, very feminine and classy and 'goth-fairy-queen-esque'. :magic:

MadeiraD
April 14th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Just when I was thinking this was my ideal job..how am I going to be able to hide my tattoos??..may I ask, if it's not too much of a weird question, how you hide yours-with clothing? Or is there any other way of hiding tattoos that I'm not aware of ??Anyway, I wanted to say that I think you look stunning both with the bangs and without XD

I don't have many, just a little keyhole on my upper back and one on my lower back (I'd like more, but work makes it a pain) and you can cover ink with a good concealer if you're dedicated (amazing cosmetics does a good one)

kitana97
April 14th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Bangs were always a beezy for me to tolerate/maintain. The deep v bang gives a very x-rated look - at least in my mind ;) It looks really cool and unique. That said, the clip-in's seem like best option because if you decide to do an elegant hair style like your profile pic then you can.

cosmic crusader
April 14th, 2014, 11:57 PM
gorgeous both ways! at the tail end of a similar style bang 18 month grow out though, I'll remind you what a betch it is. What about rolling them? that'd look hot too.