PDA

View Full Version : 2-Year LHC Anniversary - Tailbone to Mid-thigh

sparrowswing
April 12th, 2014, 11:38 PM
I posted the full story on my blog (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/entry.php?b=116337), but it's quite wordy, so I wanted to do a proper post here to celebrate the occasion as well.

Here was my hair in December 2009, about a month after my last haircut:

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz235/CeruleanSiren/LHC/APL_zps6e194a0e.jpg~original

And here is my progress since joining LHC:

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz235/CeruleanSiren/LHC/121314_zps7e944af2.png~original

I'm only a year out from my goal of knee-length, barring any complications. It feels so close now! I've been a bit frustrated with my hair ever since it passed fingertip - learning how to deal with it when you can no longer reach it all easily has been more of a chore than expected - but going through and seeing the progress I've made has really helped. Here is a comparison between my current length and my Photoshopped (or Gimped, really) goal photo from ages ago.

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz235/CeruleanSiren/LHC/GoalProgress_zps6276bf03.png~original

I've learned a lot in these 2 years, and had an excellent community supporting me. Thank you all, and happy growing! :toast:

Dessi
April 12th, 2014, 11:42 PM
Amazing progress! Your hair is awesome! Hope you reach your goal sooner!

Spindle
April 12th, 2014, 11:57 PM
Looks amazing! Congrats :cheer:

Marika
April 13th, 2014, 01:12 AM
Lovely hair! You'll reach knee in no time! :cheer:

0xalis
April 13th, 2014, 03:38 AM
Awesome hair!! :D And I must say, you did a ridiculously good job at photoshopping that goal pic!

midbackorbust
April 13th, 2014, 04:01 AM
Your hair is very nice, congrats and good luck for your growth to knee! :)

Anabell
April 13th, 2014, 04:07 AM
What a journey. Your hair is gorgeous. So shiny and healthy. The picture of your goal length look very realistic. I was thought you have reach before to knee length until I read your blog. I wish you a happy hair growing to knee length :)

sparrowswing
April 13th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Thank you all for the compliments and encouragement. :flower:

As for the goal photo, when I decided to try it the 'Tilt Yo' Head Back' thread was circulating in addition to the 'Photoshop to Goal' thread, so I combined the two. My hair at the time fell to about knee length if I tilted my head way back, so I combined the extra length from that picture into a regular length shot where I was standing in roughly the same place and position, just straight. It was much easier than trying to copy/paste the same length over and over until it reached the right length, and it gave me a good idea of how my hair would actually look at knee length, since it does a decent job of showing my actual thickness and hemline.

Interesting side-note: I had to go through the Facebook photo albums of five different friends to find a picture showing my hair close to my last haircut. I had a tendency to wear it in a ponytail all the time, or at least keep it pushed back behind my shoulders... and a tendency to be the one behind the camera.

Night_Kitten
April 13th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Happy second anniversary! :D
Your hair looks great, very beautiful and healthy-looking :D

Agnes Hannah
April 13th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Wow you have gorgeous hair, its just breathtaking! And you have a lovely face too to show it all off with.

Lady Mary
April 13th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Aw, how pretty! Also, I think we have the same skirt (the teal one in your signature) :)

Katrine
April 13th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Beautiful hair and awesome growth! 5 years from APL to mid-thigh - congrats!

Lucky_Lucy
April 13th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Your hair is lovely :) congrats on the growth and I hope you'll reach your goal length sooner than expected ! :D

ErinLeigh
April 13th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Happy LHC anniversary.
Your hair is really beautiful. The photoshop is great for motivation but honestly your length now is totally motivating as is!
You have done a great job keeping hair in such fantastic condition.

lapushka
April 14th, 2014, 06:05 AM
That is amazing progress for two years worth of growing! Awesome! Congratulations!!! :D

Auburndreaming
April 14th, 2014, 06:17 AM
Great progress, your hair is beautiful, I hope you reach your goal length without any problems :)

browneyedsusan
April 14th, 2014, 06:23 AM
Great job!
I hope mine grows out that nicely!
Looks lovely! :crush:

Ambystoma
April 15th, 2014, 11:52 PM
:cheese:Yay congrats on your anniversary :cheese: you have one of my very favourite heads of hair on LHC! You know, I was pretty happy maintaining at BCL but looking at that pic of yours at Classic... (since your hair looks quite similar to mine, just a bit straighter so it's always been super inspirational)

MaryO
April 16th, 2014, 05:32 AM
Great hair (and skin if you don't mind me saying so!) Well done on the growth- you are an inspiration!

Tini'sNewHair
April 16th, 2014, 06:52 AM
:thud::thudpile: wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And your siggy is just stunning!!!! LOVE LOVE your pictures!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!