PDA

View Full Version : Do your natural highlights ever stand out too much?

Springlets
April 12th, 2014, 07:17 PM
I'll preface these pictures by saying that both of them were taking on around the 4th day after a wash, so there's a lot of greasiness. Which could be an explanation why the lighter parts stand out so much? As you can see from my other pictures, it doesn't always look this way, but when it does capture this way, it really bothers me. Anyone else experience this?

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/Blaircorneliabass/b6d8035f-94d3-401b-a1b0-1c2e2705c0c0_zps1de0a578.jpg

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/Blaircorneliabass/0d8f118f-9921-4c93-96da-fd0efa52fee4_zps29dfdb13.jpg

LongHairLesbian
April 12th, 2014, 08:19 PM
This is essentially my life. :P No two pictures of my hair look the same, because of how many highlights I have. It doesn't bug me; I really like that I don't have to use dye to have a different shade from time to time.

spidermom
April 12th, 2014, 08:51 PM
Back when I had highlights, the hair was so dried out and light in weight that it sort of floated above the rest of my hair. It looked so awful, and it took me years to grow them out! Oh, but they weren't natural. I sort of missed the point of this the first time around. As a child, my hair would get white-blonde in the sun, then autumn and winter would come, and it would look like I had bleached hair because the roots were dark in contrast. But it was totally natural!

Larki
April 12th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Well, because the ends are oldest, my ends (last six inches or so) are WAY lighter than the rest of my hair, because they've seen the most sun. It's an even gradient, so it's not really noticeable unless I put my hair in a bun where the ends are visible right next to the canopy.

Mowle
April 12th, 2014, 09:29 PM
My hair has very strong highlights, people are surprised when I tell them it's completely natural! I actually quite like it, and I feel lucky to have it; I have friends who spend a great deal of time, money and harsh chemicals to get their hair the colours that mine is naturally.

Nadine <3
April 12th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Kinda. My hair is sort of a rainbow, especially when I'm in the sun. I have red, blonde, black and brown all in there. I have one streak above my ear that grows in really pretty auburn color.

Springlets
April 12th, 2014, 10:29 PM
Ah thanks everyone. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I suppose it's probably more noticeable to me as it probably happens to my friends and I just don't notice it as much.