PDA

View Full Version : Difference between a low poo, cleansing conditioner and co-wash?

sarahthegemini
April 12th, 2014, 09:59 AM
My understanding is that a low poo is a gentle sulfate free shampoo, a co-wash is a very basic conditoner for washing and a cleansing conditioner is a mixture of the two - so a product, based on coco betaine or decyl polyglucose for example with conditioning agents/fatty alcohols.

Is this right?

I'm curious because I want a product that has the benefits of a co-wash but with the speed and convenience of a shampoo so a cleansing conditioner seems perfect. I did think it was just a glorified 2 in 1, but with gentler surfactants and more conditioning agents. Anyway, thoughts?

ExpectoPatronum
April 12th, 2014, 11:07 AM
I know a low-poo is a SLS free shampoo and a co-wash is any conditioner that someone uses to wash their hair. I tend to think they're the same thing as "cleansing" conditioners, but I've never really looked at ingredients to check.

They probably do have other surfactants. I googled some but I'm not really familiar with ingredients and what they all do unfortunately.