PDA

View Full Version : make my hair smell better just tonight

karishaf
March 19th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Of course after I smell like hay, someone in our family calls we haven't heard from in years asking us to go to a church event with them tonight. I don't want to pass up the offer but I don't want to embarrass myself either. I just hennaed last night/tonight and so its still very fresh smelling. Any ideas how to temporarily cover the smell? I already washed it this morning with conditioner to get the henna out, so I'm not sure if it would be safe to wash it again with either shampoo or conditioner, it may be I don't know...and even if I did would it help?

EvilPigeon
March 19th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Hmm...shampoo with lots of conditioner,maybe add some rosewater or a mist consisting of water and essential oils on your hair AND your neck,and wear an updo! That's what I would do.

kwaniesiam
March 19th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Maybe do a CO wash or an SMT and add some essential oils?

mellie
March 19th, 2008, 07:34 PM
I mist my hair with a mix of water and lavender EO. It tames it down somewhat, perhaps rinsing with it might even do better?

Celebrian
March 19th, 2008, 09:11 PM
If your scalp can take it, I would spray a little of your favourite perfume into the roots all over and quickly massage through. That's what I do sometimes, and it seems to work quite well.

Girltron
March 19th, 2008, 09:52 PM
An acid rinse with your favorite essential oils added in.

kimberlily
March 19th, 2008, 10:32 PM
I say Patchouli mixed with some jojoba. That's what I do when my hair smells too much of henna :)

Nat242
March 19th, 2008, 11:21 PM
You've got some great suggestions! I personally would either mist with some water and an essential oil or two, or I'd put some coconut oil in my hair...it won't smell like hay, it'll smell like coconut!

If you can't mist, a little perfume either on the scalp or the ends on your hair if your scalp can't take it should do the trick. Put it up, too.

tiny_teesha
March 20th, 2008, 12:34 AM
My mum thinks henna smells like cigarettes she is weird....and to me it smells nice. Anyways i steeped (by steep i mean poured once boiled kettle water onto it ;) and left it 15 min) lavander and rosemary and then when she rinsed i added it to the ACV -The acv no longer smelt like vinegar i might do this to me!!! And it worked well, but she managed to tip it over so we only used a third of it.
Um, she also shampooed and conditioned her hair before the rinse. She didn't like the rinse. It didnt smell so bad. Definately an updo will stop the hair wafting its scent. The first time round i sprayed her hair with rosewater. didn't mask the smell that much,,,,