PDA

View Full Version : Look who's back on board! :) Back with pics and news!

Dreams_in_Pink
April 11th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Heya fellow longhaired friends!! :joy:

I've been gone for quite some time (last time i checked i was still a college student :blueeek:) But now i'm back with some news and hair pics! :cheer:

First things first, most recent hair pics:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10303&d=1397241751
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10302&d=1397241748

*excuse my pajamas :p

Aaaand here are the exciting news to share with you, cause i cannot share it with anyone outside of LHC with such excitement :D

- I ORDERED A MASON PEARSON PURE BBB!!11!oneone! :D Ohmygod i still cannot believe i paid that much money for a hair brush! It's supposed to arrive next week so i cannot hold my excitement any longer! :happydance:

- I also ordered my first flexi8's! After the MP purchase, they seemed very reasonably priced so i decided to go for it!
- I got me some powdered cassia & will do a cassia treatment tomorrow!! I might even consider using henna again, this time with NO LEMON JUICE for goodness' sake.

Anyways, i'll be updating this thread with news, if anyone's interested. I'll review each item as i receive and try them. Can't wait till tomorrow!! :D

See ya soon! <3

Remi
April 11th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Beautiful hair. Thick and shiny.

kidari
April 11th, 2014, 01:38 PM
I agree! Gorgeous hair!

How exciting! I know how it feels to lose that excitement in hair care and growing long. For the past decade there have been a few things I've been wanting to do as well: go all over lighter with my color and get one of those hard hat hair dryers that they used in the 50s for wet sets. I remember watching "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and spying one of those hair dyers in the corner of her room and dreaming of having one myself. Last year I achieved my perfect color at home and last week I ordered the Babyliss Pro hard hat dryer! Deep treatments are going to be such a pampering experience and I can experiment with all kinds of roller sets now.

Please let us know how you like the hair brush! How do you use your Cassia? I've never ordered it pure before. I always just use store bought conditioners and treatments that list Cassia as an ingredient like the Henna n' Placenta conditioning treatments.

Dreams_in_Pink
April 11th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Beautiful hair. Thick and shiny.
Thank you! :flower:

I agree! Gorgeous hair!

How exciting! I know how it feels to lose that excitement in hair care and growing long. For the past decade there have been a few things I've been wanting to do as well: go all over lighter with my color and get one of those hard hat hair dryers that they used in the 50s for wet sets. I remember watching "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and spying one of those hair dyers in the corner of her room and dreaming of having one myself. Last year I achieved my perfect color at home and last week I ordered the Babyliss Pro hard hat dryer! Deep treatments are going to be such a pampering experience and I can experiment with all kinds of roller sets now.

Please let us know how you like the hair brush! How do you use your Cassia? I've never ordered it pure before. I always just use store bought conditioners and treatments that list Cassia as an ingredient like the Henna n' Placenta conditioning treatments.

Thanks! :heart: I'm so happy to hear you've made your hair wishes come true. We all know how exciting it is to finally own a long desired hair thing :D
About cassia, i don't think those commercial products contain enough cassia to show some results. They probably put it down on the ingredients list labelled as "cassia extract" or something :) Mine's pure powdered cassia leaves. One advantage of living in Turkey is to have access to all kinds of hair herbs without worrying whether they're pure or not (especially henna, everywhere you go sells BAQ henna :) )

It's 4 am in the morning as i'm typing this :D I just broke down and did the cassia treatment, i couldn't wait till sunshine!

I prepared the mixture with hot (not boiling) water and 240 grams of powdered cassia. I put some ACV and a dash of cinnamon too and let it sit for like an hour. Then i added more ACV and water (paste was too thick) and then applied the mixture "the indian style" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utV3BpBdFLE )

It was a HOT MESS but very much fun too :) I'm glad that it's cassia and not henna, the whole house would be burgundy right now :D

Then i waited 3 hours. It didn't drip at all during this time. Then i poured water in a bucket, dunked my head and started to massage the whole thing. Once i managed to untie the huge goopy bun, i poured the dirty water and refilled. I repeated mermaid soaking 5-6 times, until water became clean. I didn't use conditioner either in mixture or while washing.

After i detangled with a tangle teezer, i was SHOCKED at how thick my wet hair felt despite all the shedding. Usually my hair feels very thin and sparse when wet, but not this time :cool: I started drying it and then i noticed how much "blonder" i looked...Not that my hair's lighter or anything, the light was bouncing back differently.

Here is the result, see the difference in thickness for yourself:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10310&d=1397265190

ErinLeigh
April 11th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Wow I can see a difference for sure.
I can never wait once I get an idea in my head either :)

Congrats on the purchases and thank you for posting. I really enjoyed seeing the pictures of your hair. It is truly beautiful.

Dreams_in_Pink
April 12th, 2014, 01:37 AM
Congrats on the purchases and thank you for posting. I really enjoyed seeing the pictures of your hair. It is truly beautiful.

Thank you! :)

It's morning here so i decided to take some sunlit pictures for better color comparison. Result: BLOTCHY APPLICAION! shudder: I'm glad my hair's dark brown and wavy, i cannot even imagine how it would look if i had straight blonde hair! I'm also glad it's cassia and not henna, I need to improve my green goop handling skills before committing to a permanent one like henna.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10313&d=1397288090

My hair's a little brittle right now (not dry, just brittle) which is normal for the first two days according to what i read here. But it had a lot of "weight" to it and feels heavy and thick as well which i loooove :D

Oh, i also wet-set my hair last night :3

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10312&d=1397288071

Cassia streaks can be seen here as well:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10311&d=1397288051

two_wheels
April 12th, 2014, 04:05 AM
Pretty! I love the curls :)
I mix cassia with coconut milk to keep it soft. Seems to help the rinse out too.

Peggy E.
April 12th, 2014, 08:14 AM
understand your excitement and so happy for you! you are going to love your mp.

your hair is gorgeous, you have a lot to be pleased with and looking forward to.

welcome back!

Of the Fae
April 15th, 2014, 01:16 PM
My gosh your hair is amazing.

Dreams_in_Pink
April 18th, 2014, 03:43 AM
understand your excitement and so happy for you! you are going to love your mp.

your hair is gorgeous, you have a lot to be pleased with and looking forward to.

welcome back!

My gosh your hair is amazing.

Thank you both! :flower:

Soooooo, my stuff has arrived!

First, here's the Mason Pearson brush, Large extra pure bristle :

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10396&d=1397812281

And here's the complete package, because it would be cool to see everything that comes inside that box :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10397&d=1397812284

By the way, i applied clear nail polish over the golden letters so that they wouldn't fade :cool:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10395&d=1397812278

First impressions:

- It's an awesome detangler. I know it's wrong to detangle with a brush but this is like a crossover between a brush and tangle teezer. I used it on my tangled BLAH hair and it detangled the ends in seconds with NO SNAPPING. If you've tried to use a brush, you should know what that SNAP sound it :(

- As soon as i opened the box i could smell the rubber. It's not a bad smell, it's actually a good, natural smell and did not transfer to my hair.

- The brush feels light and very well made. Very comfortable to hold.

- The rubber pad actually deflates when pressed against the scalp. If you used a cushion pad brush before, you should know that not all pads are soft enough to deflate, probably because they were made of cheap plastic.

- It comes with an overwhelming amount of care instructions. If you're using a hand made natural and expensive item you should be willing to care for it, i guess.

- The only negative thing i noticed was that even though the bristles are very stiff, it didn't even come close to my scalp. I don't know what i expected actually, having coarse, somewhat thick and wavy hair :(

After two days of use: (My hair was washed a week before so it was kinda greasy, my scalp was gunky and starting to itch. I sectioned my hair and brushed small sections thoroughly, from scalp to the end. It took 30-45 mins)

***Major enabling ahead***

After two days, the grease was barely there and my scalp felt less gunky and itchy. The fallout was also significantly less considering all the persistent brushing. I scrubbed my scalp with sugar and did a WO wash, afterwards there was like no oil on my roots. It felt as clean as with a poo wash, just softer. I will try going WO again, relying on this brush :) No change in condition of ends though, still using coconut oil there.

Two days isn't long enough to jump to a conclusion, but so far the brush's been living up to its promises (lifting excess grease, scrubbing and raking away the dead cells and dandruff) We'll see how it works on minimizing hair loss and distribution of sebum to the very ends.

I will post another review for the flexi 8s, stay tuned! :D

my2cats1
April 19th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Oh my gosh, your wet set turned out amazing. What's your process? What do you use?

Dreams_in_Pink
April 19th, 2014, 12:06 PM
I use scarves :)

I part my hair into four sections (forehead to neck, ear to ear), dampen each section, place the middle of a scarf on the roots and then rope braid my hair with it. Repeat for the other 3 sections. It' super comfy to sleep on and produces amazing waves like those each time :) It's also longhair friendly, as you can use fabric of any length instead of a scarf :)

my2cats1
April 19th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the info! :D