PDA

View Full Version : Had to Share...

DweamGoiL
April 10th, 2014, 03:15 PM
I know many of you ladies receive regular compliments about your hair so maybe it's because I am not used to it, or because I am secretly a big softy. But on Monday, a temporary worker at my job, who has been with us for a few months now, broached the subject of hair toys. She complimented me on the hair toy I was wearing that day. She then said that she had noticed all the cute hair accessories I wore and asked where I got them. Of course, this led to a brief exchange of haircare tips and such. The particular hair toy she had commented on was a fork from Leyginaba from Etsy. It took forever to arrive, so much so that I was going to refuse the package, but curiosity got the best of me since it had taken so long. There were 2 forks to a set so I had an extra and offered it to her.

That night, I went home and found I had a few more hair toys I could part with that she might like and were better suited for her texture and length. So the next morning, I called her over to my desk and gave her the promised fork along with a slender satin bag with the other hair toys. She was so surprised and said that she didn't want me to think she was weird, but she had admired my hair... It was really a nice moment and I am glad I was able to help her out in her journey into letting her hair grow out :) As an added bonus, it also turns out she has a sister, who is also growing her hair out so she was excited to be able to share the hair toys with her as well.

two_wheels
April 10th, 2014, 03:18 PM
That's so generous of you to share your stuff like that :D and yes, agree it's a nice feeling.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 10th, 2014, 03:19 PM
That is so lovely! You are very generous.

Lucky_Lucy
April 10th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Whoa that's sounds like a great experience! You are so kind, to have given her some of your hair toys :)

lapushka
April 10th, 2014, 03:43 PM
Awww that was so nice of you! :D

Madora
April 10th, 2014, 03:48 PM
What a gracious, thoughtful gesture, DweamGoil!

DweamGoiL
April 10th, 2014, 07:48 PM
It was nothing, guys, but thanks. I was just glad that I was able to help her out.

Janette17
April 10th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Such a lovely story, you are so generous :)

ErinLeigh
April 10th, 2014, 10:37 PM
I think a story like this says a lot about who you are as a person. I personally enjoyed reading it very much. It is nice too see there are still kind and giving people who pay it forward. I am sure it meant a lot to her to see you care enough to spend some time selecting things that she could enjoy.

Ennapic
April 10th, 2014, 11:27 PM
What a very nice thing to do:)

restless
April 11th, 2014, 02:40 AM
What you did was very very sweet, I imagine it made her day :)

Of the Fae
April 11th, 2014, 03:25 AM
Naww that's so awesome! :D Really cool!

Btw Leginayba forks and sticks.. they took forever with me too :P five to six weeks and I had even sent in a complaint. But they are really pretty!

embee
April 11th, 2014, 05:25 AM
Very nice! :) Also, a great pleasure for "extra" hairtoys to find a good home, that's not always easy to achieve. There's the Swap board here, but if you just donated unused hairtoys to a thrift shop I'm not sure what would happen to them.

missfaroe
April 11th, 2014, 07:42 AM
This was such a sweet story!
What you did was so thoughtful and very, very generous of you! :o

Hairitic
April 11th, 2014, 12:29 PM
God bless you and thanks!

Vanilla
April 13th, 2014, 08:25 AM
What an amazingly thoughtful gesture. :)

GoddesJourney
April 13th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Of all the bad things I've seen in people, this honestly is what I think most of us want. We're social creatures. We help and support each other's happiness and progress. We share our things and our food. We rescue each other when we are in need. We look for inspiration in others. I can think of hundreds of examples that defy this belief without digging too deep, but they just can't contend with the millions of examples that support it. Thank you for sharing this. These small, simple things always make me smile.

Agnes Hannah
April 13th, 2014, 01:16 PM
That is lovely, you are a really kind person. Not sure if I could part with my toys, but I think if I was in a similar situation to you, I would like to think I would do the same.x