PDA

View Full Version : I am thinking about going blonde. Bad idea?

Kayto
April 9th, 2014, 10:21 PM
https://24.media.tumblr.com/f705183bd502c4d934d5ff8c5c12ded4/tumblr_n3srg1Vbl01qf77ybo1_500.jpg
and IMB4, yes, my face doesn't match my skin color, I was playing around with makeup. :(

My hair is dark brown/black sort of. I really want my hair lighter, but I want your guy's opinion before I make the decision.
I had my hair blonde before and it looked okay, if I had a picture I would show you
I would really appreciate some honest opinions, you can tell me it would look horrible on me, you can tell me however you honestly feel.
I want to make the right decision. :o

divinedobbie
April 9th, 2014, 10:32 PM
I think your darker hair is very striking and makes your features stand out more. I'm having a hard time imaging what you would look like as a blonde but I don't personally think experimenting would be worth it in the end.

I think you could pull off light brown if you really want to go lighter though.

Kayto
April 9th, 2014, 10:36 PM
I think your darker hair is very striking and makes your features stand out more. I'm having a hard time imaging what you would look like as a blonde but I don't personally think experimenting would be worth it in the end.

I think you could pull off light brown if you really want to go lighter though.

Thank you c:
Yeah I think you're right. Honestly I am afraid of the damage it would do. I think I might as well forget about being blonde because there's no true way to do it healthily. I want to keep my hair in the same condition.

Larki
April 9th, 2014, 10:39 PM
I think your current color is STUNNING. Wouldn't change it to anything if I were you!

Nope
April 9th, 2014, 10:43 PM
I do think it would look nice on you, but the upkeep is just UGH, trust me. It doesn't seem so bad in theory but once you're actually faced with the task of touching up your roots and toning it regularly, not to mention the extra work to keep it healthy, it is a ton of effort. However if you really really want to, you can always dye it back and cut off the damage and that way you'll never regret not giving it a go. Just think about it for a long while before deciding.

MadeiraD
April 9th, 2014, 11:00 PM
Honestly I think blonde would wash you out on top of the damage it would cause, the contrast with your dark hair makes your features pop

Kayto
April 9th, 2014, 11:02 PM
I think your current color is STUNNING. Wouldn't change it to anything if I were you!

Aw, thank you so much. :o

Kayto
April 9th, 2014, 11:04 PM
I do think it would look nice on you, but the upkeep is just UGH, trust me. It doesn't seem so bad in theory but once you're actually faced with the task of touching up your roots and toning it regularly, not to mention the extra work to keep it healthy, it is a ton of effort. However if you really really want to, you can always dye it back and cut off the damage and that way you'll never regret not giving it a go. Just think about it for a long while before deciding.

I never ever want to cut my hair D: This makes me completely change my mind. I know there would be damage. I guess I just want it so bad it's like ehh whatever it can't be that bad. I spend enough time taking care of my hair as it is and it's dark.

Kayto
April 9th, 2014, 11:04 PM
Honestly I think blonde would wash you out on top of the damage it would cause, the contrast with your dark hair makes your features pop

Thank you for being blunt about it, I needed that. c:

Weewah
April 9th, 2014, 11:08 PM
Your hair would start breaking off and be harder to work with. :( How about looking at inspirational dark brown haired pictures on tumblr/pinterest to get yourself excited about your natural color?

Nadine <3
April 9th, 2014, 11:10 PM
I wouldn't. You're adorable!

HazelBug
April 9th, 2014, 11:12 PM
I think that the blond wouldn't mix well with your features. I think that dark hair looks really good on you and makes your eyes pop. You might look good in a deep red though.

Kayto
April 9th, 2014, 11:25 PM
Your hair would start breaking off and be harder to work with. :( How about looking at inspirational dark brown haired pictures on tumblr/pinterest to get yourself excited about your natural color?

This made me smile. That's how I got interested in being blonde, is looking at pictures on tumblr. lol
Thank you for the idea :o

Kayto
April 9th, 2014, 11:26 PM
I wouldn't. You're adorable!

Thank you!! :)

Kayto
April 9th, 2014, 11:27 PM
I think that the blond wouldn't mix well with your features. I think that dark hair looks really good on you and makes your eyes pop. You might look good in a deep red though.

I've had my hair burgundy before and that looked pretty good. I think I may just leave my hair alone. Thank you :)

MadeiraD
April 9th, 2014, 11:59 PM
I would say you could definitely pull off darker, or slightly redder though if you want a change

Lady Mary
April 11th, 2014, 07:12 PM
I think you look lovely the way it is, however the real question is, how would you feel about having to do your roots every 2-3 weeks when the brown grows back in? It's a lot of maintenance.

ErinLeigh
April 11th, 2014, 08:00 PM
I love blonde hair and it would be cute. However it would be very obvious it was dyed (which is ok, just a fact) and the amount of lightening to get there, as you know, would be harsh on hair. The upkeep would be a pain also.

I say this as a blonde, but if I was as naturally as beautiful as you...I would flaunt my features. I use blond to disguise mine.
With such a beautiful face as yours I would want my features popping which is what the dark color gives you.

Think about it for a while before taking the leap. You don't need to be "washed out" to hide anything. The dark is exotic and amazing on you. I understand the urge to return to blond. I also think you would rock it. It would have a cool punk sexy vibe for sure. I just don't know why you would want to accept the damage that goes with it when you don't need too if that makes sense. Your natural look is so stunning.

if you want to go blonde for sure, maybe start with the front pieces just to give some lightening and edge, without losing the healthy hair and gorgeous dark hair. This would so give you time to see how much the structure of hair changes from bleach, and also get A sense of of how the blond changes the features before the commitment. I know you have been blonde before but you may not recall certain changes it gives. If anything test it out slowly.

Of course do what you want. Just suggestions since you asked opinion.

I think you would be gorgeous bald even so it's really up to you.

LongHairLesbian
April 11th, 2014, 08:12 PM
I agree with everything that has already been said about your natural colour being striking, and very complimentary to your features. Don't know why you would want to change it, but I understand that lots of people like a change every now and then. :) If trying blonde is more important than retaining length and softness, I say go for it! You can always grow out your natural colour again. However, if keeping your hair long and as soft as possible is important to you, going blonde may not be worth it. With your dark natural colour, it would take LOTS of bleach to get it blonde, and lots of bleach means lots of damage, which in turn means lost length and drier hair.

Would you consider investing in a nice quality blonde wig? Maintaining and treating bleached blonde hair is usually a pretty penny, why not have the best of both worlds? You would get to change up your look every now and then, and still keep your natural hair long and healthy.

woodswanderer
April 11th, 2014, 08:16 PM
I like the brown on you. Lovely shade.

Servana
April 11th, 2014, 08:16 PM
I think blonde would be a bit extreme and the upkeep would be annoying... If you want a change, I think you'd look really good with a light golden brown!

Kayto
April 12th, 2014, 03:10 AM
I love blonde hair and it would be cute. However it would be very obvious it was dyed (which is ok, just a fact) and the amount of lightening to get there, as you know, would be harsh on hair. The upkeep would be a pain also.

I say this as a blonde, but if I was as naturally as beautiful as you...I would flaunt my features. I use blond to disguise mine.
With such a beautiful face as yours I would want my features popping which is what the dark color gives you.

Think about it for a while before taking the leap. You don't need to be "washed out" to hide anything. The dark is exotic and amazing on you. I understand the urge to return to blond. I also think you would rock it. It would have a cool punk sexy vibe for sure. I just don't know why you would want to accept the damage that goes with it when you don't need too if that makes sense. Your natural look is so stunning.

if you want to go blonde for sure, maybe start with the front pieces just to give some lightening and edge, without losing the healthy hair and gorgeous dark hair. This would so give you time to see how much the structure of hair changes from bleach, and also get A sense of of how the blond changes the features before the commitment. I know you have been blonde before but you may not recall certain changes it gives. If anything test it out slowly.

Of course do what you want. Just suggestions since you asked opinion.

I think you would be gorgeous bald even so it's really up to you.

Oh gosh, this entire message was so sweet, thank you so much. <3
You even said I'd look good bald, I don't think I've ever gotten a compliment that nice.
I think if I want to lighten my hair, my best bet would be highlights, but I think since my hair is so dark, highlights may look a little odd.
Your hair is gorgeous by the way!

Kayto
April 12th, 2014, 03:10 AM
I like the brown on you. Lovely shade.

Thank you <3

Kayto
April 12th, 2014, 03:11 AM
I think blonde would be a bit extreme and the upkeep would be annoying... If you want a change, I think you'd look really good with a light golden brown!

I guess I never really thought about that ;o Hm.
Thank you!

lapushka
April 12th, 2014, 06:10 AM
I think blonde would wash you out. Your own color is very nice on you. Wouldn't change it for the world! Besides, bleach is awfully damaging, especially when going from such a dark color to blonde - and I'm assuming a very light blonde here.

misspurdy06
April 12th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Blonde would not look good. Your dark hair works for you. I think blonde will just make you look fake.

Dalila747
April 12th, 2014, 08:17 AM
If you do decide to go blonde, do something like this:
http://www.heatworld.com/images/121098_615x2000_STD/2013/9/Images/Gallery/kim_blonde.png
You can say what you want about Kim, but she knows how to do her hair. A nice caramel blonde is really pretty against olive skin tones.