PDA

View Full Version : Four Weeks of Visible Growth! (Pics)

rachelbethany
April 9th, 2014, 08:19 PM
Can you tell the difference?

March 12, 2014 (day of last trim)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9965&d=1395943197

Today (April 9, 2014)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10269&d=1397094861

I am so excited right now. I'd thought it would take me until my birthday (July) to reach BSL again, but I now believe I was wrong. I obviously need to take progress pictures more often; they're the best motivation to keep growing! This year, I've already had about four inches cut off (two trims at the salon) + some color added. Before that, I had gone almost two years without visiting the salon and had practiced some hardcore benign neglect. (I had been growing out an asymmetrical bob.)

Here is a picture of my hair almost exactly a year ago, for comparison. It might have been oiled at the time. Sorry it looks so gross. Haha.

EW
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h402/rachelbnutt89/Hair/2013%20Hair/Photoon3-11-13at623PM.jpg

I was going to wait a full month before I took my second picture, but my hair was feeling unusually long to me today, so I had to take pics to see whether it was in my head. It's not! I took several pictures from different angles to be sure. I'm even standing in the exact same spot in my room (sorry for the mess) and holding my hands the same way. My hair used to grow so slowly, so it amazes me that I can actually tell a difference after 28 days, especially since I've had my hair colored twice this year.

I attribute any growth to the saw palmetto tincture I've been taking. Now, I don't think anyone should take that stuff simply to make hair grow, but it's a nice side effect for me. I have some hormonal imbalances and have tried many things over the years to help with acne, major mood swings, serious cramps, etc. The saw palmetto is amazing. My skin looks so different!

Maybe another reason my hair is growing more is that I have done the "inversion method" (though oil free; my scalp hates oil) several days this month. I didn't practice it consistently, but I did massage my scalp for 4 minutes at a time while upside-down a few times. I used a head massager, different combs, etc., in addition to my hands.

Sorry the lighting in the comparison pics isn't the best. My hair color looks a bit different, too, since I lightened the pictures to make my ends more visible.

divinedobbie
April 9th, 2014, 09:05 PM
It looks like you have your head tilted a little more forward in the first picture so your hair was probably a little bit longer than actually shown in the picture but I definitely think you will be at BSL before July, depending on where you call BSL (top or bottom of strap).

Of the Fae
April 10th, 2014, 03:35 AM
I agree with divinedobbie, however, the hemline seems to have grown out a bit, too. It really does seem longer. You'll be BSL in no time! It looks healthy too :)

duchess67
April 10th, 2014, 04:42 AM
Congrats! You are almost at BSL.

rachelbethany
April 10th, 2014, 09:24 AM
It looks like you have your head tilted a little more forward in the first picture so your hair was probably a little bit longer than actually shown in the picture but I definitely think you will be at BSL before July, depending on where you call BSL (top or bottom of strap).

I call it top of strap. I swear my head is not tilted forward, though. I have like 10 more pics for comparison. AND I measured in inches. It really has grown about an inch in a month! BUT I can see how it's impossible to take two identical pics, so it's hard to judge. I will dwell in my happiness alone, even if no one else believes! haha.

ErinLeigh
April 10th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Its nice to see people happy! Its a beautiful emotion so congratulations :)
That's a nice growth spurt and I imagine it is extremely motivating. Hair looks great and most important ...you feel great.
Awesome!