PDA

View Full Version : 2-year-update (pics)

OleanderTime
April 9th, 2014, 07:17 PM
It's been 2 years since my last big cut and since I started (RE)growing in earnest. Here we are. In this time, I've had about an inch trimmed each December. I'd trim a little more off the front to get rid of the angled layers. (I really want to learn to trim my own hair, but that's another thread.) Do you see 6 inches per year here? In the past, I would sometimes only get 4, but this looks pretty good to me! Yay for mental stability and better gastrointestinal health. Yes, sometimes it really is that simple. Good health = good growth. :)

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx3/OleanderTime/2yearsApril2012to2014_zpse38b3abd.jpg

rachelbethany
April 9th, 2014, 07:20 PM
I used to get less than 6, but since I quit heat styling, cut out crappy ingredients in my products, started eating better and exercising more, I would say I get MORE than 6 per year! I have some stomach issues myself, and when my stomach is healthy, the rest of me (including hair) seems to be, too. Benign neglect makes all the difference, as well.

Your hair is looking healthy and fabulous. I recently had mine trimmed to about your current length. Here's to both of us getting to BSL soon! :)

Foodie
April 9th, 2014, 08:13 PM
Beautiful hair and very inspiring update!

divinedobbie
April 9th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Great growth! Pretty hair colour too :)

Of the Fae
April 10th, 2014, 03:33 AM
Great, your hair has really gorgeous texture! And the color is lovely, too.

I have the same length now as you did then, so this helps me :)

SleepyTangles
April 10th, 2014, 05:52 AM
I totally see the 6 inches per year, they're very obvious! Looks lovely, you seem to have thick shiny hair :D

oktobergoud
April 10th, 2014, 06:09 AM
It looks really great! So thick and healthy :D

IGIT
April 10th, 2014, 08:40 AM
great growth indeed!

OleanderTime
April 11th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the confidence boost, friends! So excited to be getting "normal" growth for a chance (which I suppose makes it abnormal for me). But I'll take it! :)