PDA

View Full Version : Climate change-good for me,not so much for the hair!

Glaceon588
April 9th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Hey everyone! It's been a long time since I've been able to be on the site (due to exams and such) and I'm happy to be back :-) I'm sorry if this post gets a bit long!
So, it's currently summer vacation for me (yay!), which meant my annual trip back to the USA for April :-D I had hoped that maybe, just maybe, my hair's condition might have improved due to the change.However,this is definitely not the case.
After a couple if days,I noticed I was shedding much more hair than normal,and my hair had also gone limp.The limpness I can understand, my hair just prefers the humidity of India rather than the dryness of the USA :-P The shedding is worrying though, and I don't want to lose a lot of time invested, and grown, hair.Any suggestions?

alishaxmarie
April 9th, 2014, 10:47 PM
Where in the US are you, if you don't mind me asking? Could the shedding be seasonal? Or perhaps school stress induced the shedding? The only thing I can think of suggesting at the moment is caffeine rinses with either some kind of tea or coffee. I'm sure the stress-free environment of having completed exams will help as well as the sunshine! My exams are the week after next so happy summer vacation to us! :cool:

There's a lot of information about caffeine rinses on the Growth Rates Experiments thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=119947), try a search!

Glaceon588
April 11th, 2014, 06:25 AM
Thanks so much,alishaxmarie! I live in Chesterfield, Missouri, and it had been pretty cool when we first came in. I'm guessing that the shedding is probably seasonal, like you said, though I've never had this much. I'll definitely try a caffeine rinse, and thanks for the thread link :-) happy summer vacation to you! :-D

alishaxmarie
April 11th, 2014, 08:41 PM
Well now I have a new link for you! :o The Official Caffeine Rinse Thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=121903)

Has any part of your routine changed besides the water you're showering in? I don't think build-up would cause you to shed but perhaps you're getting conditioner closer to your scalp and it doesn't like it? Or maybe oils you use for deep treatments or leave-ins? Stress sheds can be a frustrating thing.

Glaceon588
April 13th, 2014, 09:31 PM
I haven't changed my routine whatsoever-wash every 6-7 days and oil when I think my hair needs it-anywhere from one a week to once every 3 weeks.My hair has never really needed anything else, it practically became perfect once I learnt the best way to wash it :-) I've also never put conditioner on my scalp, only on the shafts. I've noticed that with the weather improving, my hair has become closer to the softness and feel that it used to have, which makes me think that I'm just very weather sensitive :-P Thank you so much for the second link, I've decided that I'm definitely going to do a caffeine rinse, hopefully tomorrow, and see how it goes!