PDA

View Full Version : Most Secure Updos

melomane
April 9th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Just curious what everyones' go-to updo is that will stay in place. I've had a hard time finding updos that will hold (especially without elastics), so right now I use a ponytail to hold a braided bun, and then add a hair stick just to make sure it will stay flat and centered.

Weewah
April 9th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Have you tried spin pins? I always just throw my hair up in a cinnabun with spin pins, they hold way better than my hair fork which I never use because the spin pins hold better

ARG
April 9th, 2014, 06:20 PM
For me its the nautilus and cinnabun; I use a stick or flexi-8 for my nautilus, and a flexi for my cinnabun, no other pins required and no hair band. For bed I do a single dutch braid bunned and held in place with a scrunchie.

RainbowBowser
April 9th, 2014, 06:24 PM
twisted disc bun with a flexi8 usually, doesn't budge all day.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 9th, 2014, 08:09 PM
For me it's the Gibraltar bun, that one NEVER moves - hence the name.

HoneyDayTripper
April 9th, 2014, 08:38 PM
If I do any updo (braided bun, bun, french twist,) and I secure it with these pins http://www.sallybeauty.com/roller-pins/MTAGRP3,default,pd.html it stays all day. They're super sturdy and amazingly strong; they're actually roller pins. Sally's has them in many colors. If you removed them carefully there's no damage. I've been using them for years. I can do a french twist on my very heavy hair using only 2-3 and I have strong hold.

MadeiraD
April 9th, 2014, 10:58 PM
Nautilus with a stick is pretty secure for me (nautilus with a flexi-8 is MEGA secure)

Cinnabun with ficcare or avian clip.

Figure 8 bun or cinnabun with a flexi-8 also works well for me.

Figure 8 with sticks isn't as secure but stays pretty well

Lirona
April 9th, 2014, 11:05 PM
Had to paint my bathroom recently, so in order to ensure my hair wouldn't escape and become a new color shudder:, I went with a fairly high cinnabun with spin pins. Bunned braids also stay very well.

melusine963
April 9th, 2014, 11:31 PM
A cinnabun held with spin pins, and a nautilus bun held with a ketylo both hold like a rock for me.

Aderyn
April 10th, 2014, 12:05 AM
Braided nautilus secured with a Flexi 8. I use that to sleep in (I toss and turn a lot) and it holds very well. Most buns hold well on me, my hair isn't very "slippery".

eadwine
April 10th, 2014, 12:15 AM
10sec quick bun, braided, with Amish pins. Or with a Ficcare or Flexi-8. I have very slippy hair but that bun stays :)

Else
April 10th, 2014, 12:49 AM
Definitely LWB! It hold up my hair the whole day, even if I'm wearing a scrub hat. I prefer some smaller hair fork with 2 to 4 tines, because on some days my hair is too slippery to secure it safely with only a hair stick.
As I have iii hair with not too much taper I can't make a cinnamon bun without getting anxious about ends sticking out. This would be inappropriate.

ashke50
April 10th, 2014, 01:03 AM
Plaited cinnabun with spin pins is my usual style if I need something that will definitely hold all day.

Monkshood
April 10th, 2014, 02:32 AM
Definitely LWB! It hold up my hair the whole day, even if I'm wearing a scrub hat. I prefer some smaller hair fork with 2 to 4 tines, because on some days my hair is too slippery to secure it safely with only a hair stick.
As I have iii hair with not too much taper I can't make a cinnamon bun without getting anxious about ends sticking out. This would be inappropriate.

I could have written this word for word, except for the scrub hat part. A disc bun with a 2 prong fork holds pretty solidly as well.

Verdandi
April 10th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Disc bun with a sturdy stick or a braided LWB with a ficcare. Doesn't move all day. A flipped cinnabun is my to go though, because I'm to lazy to braid most days.

Stiria
April 10th, 2014, 06:26 AM
It depends how much time I have to do my hair. If I need to get it up quickly I go for a hypno bun. If I have more time I prefer braided updos. Interlaced braids and kmemuse's braided ladder bun must be the most secure updos I have ever tried.

Hairitic
April 10th, 2014, 10:15 AM
I just learned the "Pha" bun the other day and it's holding very well with either a 2-prong fork or a wavy stick.

Madora
April 10th, 2014, 02:26 PM
A lace crown braid is both beautiful and practical..and comfy to:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/07Erzbet/61912Lacedutchcrown_edited-1.jpg (http://s177.photobucket.com/user/07Erzbet/media/61912Lacedutchcrown_edited-1.jpg.html)