PDA

View Full Version : some news on the job and hair front....

rymorg2
March 19th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Hey all....I've been so busy recently.....I haven't really had much of a chance to get my pics on here again or anything....but I would have to update them anyway. Here's a long story for you.....

I've applied for a different position in my salon/company. Right now I'm managing one of my area's salons in this chain. I like it, but I found out about a month or so ago that this position was open and decided to apply as I have wanted to do this since the first manager did an in school visit while I was in hairschool. I'd be an artistic director, and would teach the technique classes like I took when I came into the company, as well as color classes and seminars in the various salons. The market area I'm applying for is about an hour south of us, and we're willing to relocate. I'm so very excited about this opportunity! I interviewed today and will find out within two weeks whether I get it. I think I have a very good chance though.

Anyway, that's the job news. Now for the hair news....everyone here is going to faint.....I was sick a few weeks ago with a virus/cold that had a headache/cough that wouldn't leave. Well, on several days I had worn my hair up and I was still struggling to get rid of the headache. But when I took my hair down, the headache went away. Put it back up, voila, headache's back with a vengance. So between that and this job (which tends towards the "trendy" side of things) I decided to get it cut. It's now at my shoulders (yep, that short, that was about 6" cut off) and longer in front than back, stacked, and very cute. I LOVE it.......I don't miss my long hair at all, it's still long enough I can pull it back and up if I want but no more headaches either. I'm still a BIG longhair enthusiast, but for me, at least at this point in time, this is better. I'll have to take some pics and post them soon. And I'll still be around here; when I FINALLY get the time to hang out again.....

Hugs guys!

Garnet66
March 19th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Good luck, I hope you get the job. I'm sure your hair is adorable. Can we see some pics?

spidermom
March 19th, 2008, 04:09 PM
My but it's nice to hear from you. There are times in your life when shorter hair is a better fit, that's for sure. When I had babies, I still loved long hair but I don't think I could have managed it. I didn't want to try. I wanted wash and go short-short hair. No apologies.

Anyway, best of luck getting that job.

rymorg2
March 19th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Good luck, I hope you get the job. I'm sure your hair is adorable. Can we see some pics?

Hi Nikki.....thanks! Yes, I'll get some pics very soon, I promise......

rymorg2
March 19th, 2008, 04:59 PM
My but it's nice to hear from you. There are times in your life when shorter hair is a better fit, that's for sure. When I had babies, I still loved long hair but I don't think I could have managed it. I didn't want to try. I wanted wash and go short-short hair. No apologies.

Anyway, best of luck getting that job.

Hi Spidermom, thank you! Yep, that's kindof how I feel right now....the shorter hair is a definate better fit for me, and I won't apologize either. :D I love this cut....it's very trendy and cute but still long enough for me to put up, which is perfect for me......:)

OhioLisa
March 19th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Hey girl. I am still sending good vibes your way on getting that job. Let us know the MINUTE you hear something. On the hair note, as long as you're happy with it, that's what counts. I would love to see a pic. :) And,umm, ya know if you need to get rid of any of those old hair toys you won't be using, don't forget your pal Lisa, eh? :silly:

embee
March 19th, 2008, 05:07 PM
If you're happy with it, that's what counts. :)

Good luck with the job!

AmandaPanda
March 19th, 2008, 05:22 PM
I'm glad your happy with the new 'do. Can't wait to see pics :) Good luck w/ the job!

Laululintu
March 19th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Hey girl. I am still sending good vibes your way on getting that job. Let us know the MINUTE you hear something. On the hair note, as long as you're happy with it, that's what counts. I would love to see a pic. :) And,umm, ya know if you need to get rid of any of those old hair toys you won't be using, don't forget your pal Lisa, eh? :silly:

I'd also happily look after your old toys, in case you won't need them anymore ;)

Can't wait to see a pic of the new do! I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the job front too :grouphug:

Chamomile betty
March 19th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Hi Rymorg2.
Thanks for the update. Congrats on the job front.

Glad your happy with your new trim. Do post pics and keep us updated.

rymorg2
March 20th, 2008, 06:44 AM

Hey gf....thanks for the good vibes, I'll be sure to let you know. And yep, you'll be the first to know if I decide to part with any of my toys, which at this point I haven't decided.....

rymorg2
March 20th, 2008, 06:45 AM
If you're happy with it, that's what counts. :)

Good luck with the job!

Hi embee, thanks!

rymorg2
March 20th, 2008, 06:46 AM
I'm glad your happy with the new 'do. Can't wait to see pics :) Good luck w/ the job!

Hi Amanda, thank you!!!!

rymorg2
March 20th, 2008, 06:46 AM
I'd also happily look after your old toys, in case you won't need them anymore ;)

Can't wait to see a pic of the new do! I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the job front too :grouphug:

Hi Laululintu! I'll keep ya in mind too! Thanks for the well wishes!

rymorg2
March 20th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Hi Rymorg2.
Thanks for the update. Congrats on the job front.

Glad your happy with your new trim. Do post pics and keep us updated.

Hey betty! Thank you! I'll be sure to get pics very soon!

Xandergrammy
March 20th, 2008, 06:58 AM
I can't wait to see your new haircut!!

Raederle
March 20th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Good for you. Trying something new can be so refreshing to the spirit. And I'm in line, waiting to see the pictures.

rymorg2
March 20th, 2008, 06:56 PM
I can't wait to see your new haircut!!

Hi Xandergrammy, thank you! :)

rymorg2
March 20th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Good for you. Trying something new can be so refreshing to the spirit. And I'm in line, waiting to see the pictures.

Hi Raederle, thanks, and I'll be sure to take some soon! :)

aprilmay
March 20th, 2008, 06:58 PM
It's your hair and you are the only one who has to like it, but it is nice when others compliment it too!

rymorg2
March 21st, 2008, 04:39 AM
It's your hair and you are the only one who has to like it, but it is nice when others compliment it too!

Hi Aprilmay, welcome to the LHC! :flowers:

Thanks, I do like it a lot.....:)

khyricat
March 21st, 2008, 07:15 AM
good to see the update.. If the cut makes YOU happy, thats the important part, I'd probably have just taken a few inches.. oddly as my hair gets longer I am getting FEWER headaches.. but I'm also wearing it up more and more and I used to get them with it down more often than with it up..

Shermie Girl
March 21st, 2008, 07:52 AM
I am so glad that you popped in with an update. Good luck getting that job. It sounds just right for you and I hope it is yours. Your new cut sounds super cute and I would also love to see a picture, when you have a chance.

HeatherAngela
March 21st, 2008, 08:00 AM
Good luck. I hope you get it!! The haircut sounds like you like it and that's all that really matters. I can't wait to see pictures of it!!

MadPirateBippy
March 21st, 2008, 01:04 PM
Sometimes you just need to do something to change it. If you're having headaches, then that's good enough reason to chop a bit.

If you're happy with your hair... post pictures!!!!! :)

I will be wishing you the bestest of luck of the job search.

rymorg2
March 22nd, 2008, 04:36 AM
good to see the update.. If the cut makes YOU happy, thats the important part, I'd probably have just taken a few inches.. oddly as my hair gets longer I am getting FEWER headaches.. but I'm also wearing it up more and more and I used to get them with it down more often than with it up..

Hi Khyricat...:waving: My hair is so heavy that when I would wear it up the weight would cause a tension headache....they're gone now.....thanks!

rymorg2
March 22nd, 2008, 04:37 AM
Good luck. I hope you get it!! The haircut sounds like you like it and that's all that really matters. I can't wait to see pictures of it!!

Hi HeatherAngela, thanks! :flowers: I'll try to get pics hopefully Sunday at Easter.....sigh......too busy today.

rymorg2
March 22nd, 2008, 04:38 AM
Sometimes you just need to do something to change it. If you're having headaches, then that's good enough reason to chop a bit.

If you're happy with your hair... post pictures!!!!! :)

I will be wishing you the bestest of luck of the job search.

Hi MadPirateBippy!!!! Good to see you!!!! :waving: yeah, I really like it, but I'm so busy right now.....hoping to get some pics on Sunday since it's Easter.....thanks for the luck!

missy60
March 24th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Nice to see you pop in for an update. Sending good vibes on the job front. I would also love to see pics when you get the time.

rymorg2
March 24th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I am so glad that you popped in with an update. Good luck getting that job. It sounds just right for you and I hope it is yours. Your new cut sounds super cute and I would also love to see a picture, when you have a chance.

Shermie girl, did I miss you????? SORRY!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!

rymorg2
March 24th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Nice to see you pop in for an update. Sending good vibes on the job front. I would also love to see pics when you get the time.

Hi Missy, thanks!!!!