PDA

View Full Version : Aubrey organics new bottles + new ingredients

Phalaenopsis
April 7th, 2014, 10:52 PM
If you check out aubrey's site you will discover that everything has changed. I'm so upset about my honeysucklerose favourite... I compared the new ingredients and they put more glycerine in it. And they left some oils out. I'm so sick of losing very good products!

Just wanted to give everybody a heads up

Kimberly
April 7th, 2014, 11:37 PM
Well, that's awful. It stinks when a company you count on decides to "improve" formulas (all too often with cheaper ingredients). If I hadn't switched back to shampoo bars a while back I would be having a cow over this right now.

I hope you are able to work with the new formula, or quickly find a replacement that is even better.

farmlass
April 8th, 2014, 02:07 AM
I bought a bottle of Aubrey here in the UK (can't remember which one off the top of my head) and then when I was visiting the US I bought a bottle of what I assumed was the same thing. It smelled totally different :( Not nearly as nice. So I'm not sure if it was actually a different shampoo or they had changed it since I bought the first one, but I wasn't all that happy. I have since bought some Avalon Organics and love it, plus it's a lot cheaper :)

renia22
April 8th, 2014, 06:55 AM
I noticed the changed in labeling too a while back, but apparently, they have not changed the formulas, but the way the ingredients are named and labeled:

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/custom.aspx?id=78

For what it's worth, I can't tell any difference at all in the camomile volumizing conditioner or gpb conditioner, they seem the same to me.

Hope that helps..

Gryphie
April 8th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Does anyone have a list or a picture of what the old ingredients were? I have a new bottle (my first one) and I'm curious to see what the old one was like.

Marika
April 8th, 2014, 01:14 PM
I haven't used AO products in years because they didn't agree with my hair back then. I might give them another try because I actually think the new INCI lists aren't that bad. Ok, I don't like the fact that the drying alcohol is so high on INCI list (of HR conditioner for example) but that happens a lot in natural hair care products without them being drying. And it seems like the shampoos aren't soap-based anymore which is great! I used to hate the shampoos! I can still smell the soap! :p

Kherome
April 8th, 2014, 01:26 PM
I noticed the changed in labeling too a while back, but apparently, they have not changed the formulas, but the way the ingredients are named and labeled:

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/custom.aspx?id=78

For what it's worth, I can't tell any difference at all in the camomile volumizing conditioner or gpb conditioner, they seem the same to me.

Hope that helps..

Yeah, that happened awhile back, they didn't change the formulas, just the way the ingredients are identified per new labeling rules.

Phalaenopsis
April 8th, 2014, 10:10 PM
Now they really changed.

Old ingredients of the HS (already with the INCI)
Aqua, cetyl alcohol, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender*), butyrospermum parkii (shea butter)*, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, lonicera caprifolium (honeysuckle) extract, aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice*, glycerin, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, rosa rubiginosa (rosa mosqueta) seed oil*, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, tocopheryl acetate, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) fruit extract, humulus lupulus (hops) extract, melissa officinalis (balm mint) leaf extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, beta-carotene, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, angelica archangelica extract, chrysanthemum sinense flower extract, magnolia biondii flower extract, ascorbic acid.
*Organic

New ingredients:
Aqua, cetyl alcohol (from coconut), alcohol denat. (38b, lavender), butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter*, fragrance‡‡, aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, glycerin, rosa rubiginosa (Rosa Mosqueta®) seed oil*, macadamia ternifolia seed oil*, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil*, argania spinosa (argan) nut oil*, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), tocopherol (vitamin E), calendula officinalis extract*, chamomilla recutita (chamomile) flower extract*, melissa officinalis (balm mint) flower/leaf/stem extract, chrysanthemum sinense flower extract, humulus lupulus (hops) flower extract, magnolia biondii bud/flower extract, lonicera japonica (honeysuckle) flower extract, angelica archangelica root extract, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) seed extract.
* Organic

They changed some oils around for instance. If you look carefully you see that they are changed.

Hootenanny
April 9th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Yeah, they changed just the labeling a while ago, but this time, it really is a change in ingredients. I noticed this when looking at their stuff at Whole Foods a couple weeks ago. The fact that "fragrance" is now in the first 5 ingredients (i.e. the ingredients that make up the bulk of the product) is really unfortunate, in my view. It smelled just fine as it was. Also, they completely removed the jojoba oil? Why?? On the other hand, removal of the soybean oil is probably a good thing.

renia22
April 9th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Oh no, you guys are right! I thought you were referring to the first time they updated the labels to fit the new regulations. But they did in fact change the formulas, I just called and spoke to someone at Aubrey and she confirmed it. I used to like the green tea shampoo, and now it says "mandarin" something or other. The girl said it's a new formula and more "hydrating". Oh no! I have not tried it so I have no idea if it's good or not, but check this out, I saved all of the ingredient lists for it:

current 2014 INGREDIENTS :
Lauryl glucoside‡ (from coconut/beet sugar), decyl glucoside‡ (from coconut/corn sugar), alcohol denat. (38b, lavender), sodium lauroyl lactylate (plant source), aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, aqua, fragrance‡‡, camellia sinensis (Matcha green tea) leaf powder*, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil*, leuconostoc/radish root ferment filtrate, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, sodium phytate, glycerin, citric acid, hydrolyzed sweet almond protein, urtica dioica (nettle) leaf*, xanthan gum, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), tocopherol (vitamin E), tanacetum annuum (Moroccan blue chamomile) oil*, panax ginseng root extract, arctium lappa (burdock) root extract, avena sativa (oat) straw extract, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel extract, equisetum hyemale (horsetail) leaf/stem extract, fucus vesiculosus (bladderwrack) extract, quercus alba (white oak) bark extract, salvia officinalis (sage) leaf extract*, saponaria officinalis (soapwort) extract, spiraea ulmaria (meadowsweet) extract.

2009 label-
Ingredients: Deionized Water, Coconut Oil-Corn Oil Soap, Organic Green Tea Extract (Organic Green Tea, Organic Nettle, Natural Grain Alcohol), Organic Aloe Vera, Carrageenan, Organic Lemon Peel Oil, Almond Protein, Organic Blue Camomile Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

2012 with the same original formula, but proper ingredients names for labeling-

INGREDIENTS: Aqua, decyl glucoside, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender*), aloe barbadensis leaf extract*, glycerin, hydrolyzed sweet almond protein, betaine, glucose, xanthan, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil*, citric acid, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf powder*, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, urtica dioica (nettle) leaf*, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase, tanacetum annuum (Moroccan blue camomile) oil*, tocopheryl acetate, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, ascorbic acid, glycine soja (soybean) oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, beta-carotene.

renia22
April 9th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Here are the lists for the camomile volumizing conditioner. The rep confirmed this was changed "slightly" too:

2011 INGREDIENTS:
Aqua, cetyl (coconut fatty alcohol), aloe barbadensis (organic aloe) leaf juice*, alcohol denat., triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, panthenol (vitamin B-5), glycerin, chamomilla recutita (camomile) extract, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) fruit extract, humulus lupulus (hops) extract, melissa officinalis (balm mint) leaf extract, viscum album (mistletoe) fruit extract, achillea millefolium (yarrow) extract, brassica campestris (turnip) oil, aleurites fordi (chinawood) oil, citrus grandis (grapefruit) seed extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, beta-carotene, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, ascorbic acid (vitamin C).

2014 INGREDIENTS-
Aqua, cetyl alcohol (from coconut), aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender), prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil*, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, fragrance‡‡, glycerin, brassica campestris/aleurites fordi oil copolymer, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), glycine soja oil‡, tocopherol (vitamin E), calendulaofficinalis extract*, chamomilla recutita (chamomile) flower extract*, melissa officinalis (balm mint) flower/leaf/stem extract, beta-carotene‡, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract‡, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) seed extract, humulus lupulus (hops) flower extract.

ErinLeigh
April 9th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Wow that is a change. Wheat germ oil has ceramides which my hair appreciates. Having it in the first 5 ingredients was Important to me. Now fragrance in the first 5? Yuck. Why do companies mess with a good thing? Just introduce a new line. Ugh

renia22
April 10th, 2014, 06:05 AM
Wow that is a change. Wheat germ oil has ceramides which my hair appreciates. Having it in the first 5 ingredients was Important to me. Now fragrance in the first 5? Yuck. Why do companies mess with a good thing? Just introduce a new line. Ugh

I know!! I've always appreciated the wheat germ oil and b5 in the camomile conditioner. They do have a lot of these updated formulas in 2 ounce trial sized bottles, so I ordered a few last night. I'm going to at least try them before I freak out. They also have a new biotin conditioner for fine/ thin damaged hair so I'm going to try that one too. I'll post next week and let you guys know how they are.

ErinLeigh
April 10th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Yes please do! Thank you for testing them to share updates!

braidgirl22
April 12th, 2014, 08:26 AM
I was just abought to order my hair stuff when I noticed this I am really worried my hair dose not do well with other brands.

renia22
April 12th, 2014, 09:05 AM
I was just abought to order my hair stuff when I noticed this I am really worried my hair dose not do well with other brands.

Which ones do you use? The GPB protein conditioner looks to be the same. Also, I went to a local, privately owned health food store that stocks many AO products and they had the old stock left. I was able to get 2 green tea shampoos and 1 camomile volumizing conditioner. So some of the old stock is still out there, maybe you can get your hands on some?

renia22
April 14th, 2014, 09:36 AM
So the travel sizes of the AO green tea shampoo, Chamomile luxurious conditioner and Biotin Repair conditioner came today.

The green tea shampoo still has that liquidy texture, but it now smells like oranges rather than that fresh herbal scent it had before. It's also now greenish- orange in color. I liked the old formula because it lathered and cleaned my hair very well. This still lathers better than some of the other AO shampoos that I tried, but not as well as the old formula. It also matted/ tangled my hair quite a bit, so there was more hair in the drain than usual when it was all said and done. I do not like this as much as the old version, and would not buy a full sized bottle.

The chamomile luxurious conditioner and biotin conditioner are similar in texture, but I tried the chamomile today. It's light and silky like before, maybe even lighter. Out of all of the AO conditioners that I have tried, the GPB and chamomile luxurious are the only two that I liked for my fine hair. Honeysuckle rose, rose mosqueta, white camellia, swimmer's, all seem to have a waxiness/ thickness that are too heavy for me. The blue chamomile I can't comment on since it's been while since I have used it and don't remember. The chamomile luxurious I can run through my fingers and it disappears. The same happens when I apply it to my hair, it sinks right in.

This new formula is the same way. It might be even lighter. It still smells like chamomile tea. It sunk right in, spread easily, and rinsed out with no problem. Hair is left clean and shiny. I will try the biotin one tomorrow.

So...a big thumbs down for the new green tea shampoo, thumbs up for the chamomile luxurious conditioner. :)

braidgirl22
April 14th, 2014, 09:59 AM
honeysuckle rose.

renia22
April 14th, 2014, 10:32 AM
honeysuckle rose.

Well the good news is many of them come now come in 2 ounce travel sized bottles, including honeysuckle rose, so we can at least try them first. Iherb.com has free shipping with $20 if you are in the US, that's where I got mine. Maybe someone who tries the new formula will weigh in on the changes and how it works? Hope you still like it!

renia22
April 14th, 2014, 10:51 AM
I also bought a small 2 ounce spray bottle of the white camellia & jasmine shine leave in since I'm almost done with my old one and I just noticed it's totally different. The scent has changed, the ingredients are different, and alcohol denat is now the top ingredient (it used to be water, with no alcohol denat in the formula).

Marika
May 14th, 2014, 11:20 PM
I ordered the Honeysuckle Rose and Biotin Repair Citrus Rain in travel sizes to check them out. I think the Biotin one is a new product? Or maybe I've just missed it before.

renia22, did you like the Biotin Repair? Or has someone else tried it?

ETA: I'm talking about the conditioners.

Gryphie
May 16th, 2014, 07:55 AM
I just bought a new bottle of honeysuckle rose this week but only now checked the label on it. Besides the fact I'm disappointed they changed around a ton of ingredients and seems to be generally of a poorer quality than before I have a bigger issues. They have now added Sweet Almond Oil to it!!! I'm highly allergic to almonds and even if I had been able to put up with the new formula I'll never find out now thanks to my allergy. They had a great formula before without any nut oils, I don't see why they saw fit to change that.

Looks like I'll be returning my bottle to Whole Foods next week. What a massive disappointment.

renia22
May 17th, 2014, 06:49 PM
I ordered the Honeysuckle Rose and Biotin Repair Citrus Rain in travel sizes to check them out. I think the Biotin one is a new product? Or maybe I've just missed it before.

renia22, did you like the Biotin Repair? Or has someone else tried it?

ETA: I'm talking about the conditioners.

Yes I tried the Biotin repair and I love it! Works very well on my fine hair, rinses out easily & leaves hair shiny. It's a keeper for me. I bought the full sized bottle, I like it so much :).

That stinks for the honeysuckle rose fans, though!

Marika
May 18th, 2014, 02:01 AM
I tried the Biotin Repair today for the first time and the very first impressions are good (hair is still wet)! :thumbsup: It was really easy to spread which I didn't expect because it's a thick conditioner. And I agree, it rinsed out very easily. I usually get a waxy feeling from AO products but now I think I'm going to avoid it. Seems to be a good find! :)

Kaelee
May 18th, 2014, 08:08 AM
I just bought a new bottle of honeysuckle rose this week but only now checked the label on it. Besides the fact I'm disappointed they changed around a ton of ingredients and seems to be generally of a poorer quality than before I have a bigger issues. They have now added Sweet Almond Oil to it!!! I'm highly allergic to almonds and even if I had been able to put up with the new formula I'll never find out now thanks to my allergy. They had a great formula before without any nut oils, I don't see why they saw fit to change that.

Looks like I'll be returning my bottle to Whole Foods next week. What a massive disappointment.

Oh no! I'm so glad you found out before you used it! I would call the company, they need to know that at adding allergens without warning to established, well known products could cause a serious issue.

I have some honeysuckle rose conditioner at home. ...I love the smell but it doesn't have enough slip for my hair (old formula) so I don't use it that much. I feel like I need to use a ton of the stuff to get anywhere.

renia22
May 18th, 2014, 08:15 AM
I tried the Biotin Repair today for the first time and the very first impressions are good (hair is still wet)! :thumbsup: It was really easy to spread which I didn't expect because it's a thick conditioner. And I agree, it rinsed out very easily. I usually get a waxy feeling from AO products but now I think I'm going to avoid it. Seems to be a good find! :)

That is great! Some of the AO conditioners are way too heavy & waxy for me too, but the biotin and camomile luxurious volumizing seem to work very well on finer hair (which mine is), and the GPB is good for when something more is needed. I'm currently using up a bottle of the old version camomile, and though I like it, I think in this case, dare I say it, the reformulation actually might be a little better. And I usually *hate* when companies reformulate products.

Glad you like the biotin conditioner as well! The texture and scent are nice, too, aren't they? I love how it sinks in.

Marika
May 18th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Yes, the citrusy scent is nice and I feel like this would also work quite well as a deep conditioner too. My hair is now dry and it certainly didn't weigh my hair down. Really nice results! I have to check out the camomile one too! :) Maybe the honeysuckle rose is also better after reformulation... :couch:

Phalaenopsis
May 18th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Maybe the honeysuckle rose is also better after reformulation... :couch:
For the ones who used to find it waxy... probably.
For the ones who have very dry hair and this was a miracle worker... no hell no.

molljo
May 18th, 2014, 01:39 PM
The Aubrey website is selling off their old stock at 25% off, if anyone wants to snatch up some old favorites. http://www.aubrey-organics.com/Category/196_1/Original_Packaging_Sale.aspx

clairenewcastle
May 20th, 2014, 04:45 PM
I experimented with AO a few years ago but found all the products I tried impossible to rinse out. My hair was always left feeling coated and looking stringy.

Annalouise
October 1st, 2014, 10:44 AM
I want to add that the Blue Chamomile shampoo is *NOT the same as the old formulation. I am so disappointed.
If anyone wants the old versus the new ingredients let me know.

MsBubbles
October 1st, 2014, 12:42 PM
Looks like I'm the only one who absolutely hates the new lemon-pledge type scents of these products now? If I wanted my hair to smell like dish soap or furniture polish, it'd be a whole lot cheaper than buying these products. :(

Does anybody know of any OTHER manufacturer's similar products to these, that still smell nice, more floral-ish, like the AO used to? I can't afford to try out full-sized bottles of 'organic' stuff at $7+ a bottle each time.

renia22
October 2nd, 2014, 07:02 AM
Looks like I'm the only one who absolutely hates the new lemon-pledge type scents of these products now? If I wanted my hair to smell like dish soap or furniture polish, it'd be a whole lot cheaper than buying these products. :(

Does anybody know of any OTHER manufacturer's similar products to these, that still smell nice, more floral-ish, like the AO used to? I can't afford to try out full-sized bottles of 'organic' stuff at $7+ a bottle each time.

Which other ones have a citrus/ lemony scent besides the biotin? I've only tried that one and the camomile volumuzing conditioner. The camomile still smells the same (herbal/ camomile tea).

I don't know of any other brands that are similar to Aubrey Organics, the base that they use seems to be unique to their company. Do you like spicy scents? If so, Earthly Delight is a very nice conditioner. EO (Essential Oil company) has some florals, but the textures of their conditioners are different than AO, more "lotion-y"

lapushka
October 2nd, 2014, 08:51 AM

Maybe the "shea moisture" line will be good for you?

renia22
February 12th, 2015, 10:37 AM
So have Aubrey Organics fans been using the new formulas, and if so, what do you think? There seem to be a lot of Honeysuckle Rose conditioner users on this site and I'm wondering how it's going for you guys. I just tried the newer version of the GPB protein conditioner and I don't like it at all. Supposedly that one had the least amount of changes, and they say the kept the scent, but I think it smells a little different. I also think the color and texture are a little different, I don't think it detangles or conditions as well, and my hair is not as shiny. I found this website where someone broke down some of the changes:

https://naturespulchritude.wordpress.com/2014/05/14/aubrey-organics-shampoo-and-conditioner-ingredients-have-changed/comment-page-1/

LarissaLuna
February 16th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Has anyone tried the new Swimmer's? I loved the old version. :(

evalina
March 14th, 2015, 03:32 AM
Only got to test the new versions.
I'm happy with the Calaguala Fern Shampoo, it smells a bit like grandma perfume but the smell doesn't stick to my hair. The smell of White Camellia conditioner is ok too.
I am upset about them taking out the Primrose-Lavender Shampoo since it was their recommendation for sensitive scalps. Might have to try GBP Rosemary Peppermint soon to see if my scalp likes it.

Phalaenopsis
March 18th, 2015, 04:35 AM
I've been trying them out, I bought a bunch of little sample bottles. Nothing was like before. Not as near as moisturising as they used to be. I sadly had to ban this brand :(
I still have one of the old bottles of the HS and I'm so so saddened that soon this will be all gone :(

I've been desperately trying to find something to replace it with, but so far no succes

Auni
March 23rd, 2015, 08:21 AM
:couch:I also like the HR reformulation. Previously, it really coated my hair, like my hair wouldn't absorb it, and most of it winded of in the drain instead on my hair. I find it has much more slip now and my hair eats it up! Still not my holy grail, but moisturizes my hair well when I need it. I'll be using this for my SMT.

Lavendersugar
March 24th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Never paid attention if they changed ingredients to the Jasmine Shine spray but I have used it for years and love it! I sure hope they do not plan on replacing it with the NuStyle detangler.
I tried the Primrose and did not like the smell.

renia22
March 27th, 2015, 06:58 AM
:couch:I also like the HR reformulation. Previously, it really coated my hair, like my hair wouldn't absorb it, and most of it winded of in the drain instead on my hair. I find it has much more slip now and my hair eats it up! Still not my holy grail, but moisturizes my hair well when I need it. I'll be using this for my SMT.

Did they keep the same scent on the Honeysuckly Rose?

MsBubbles
June 23rd, 2015, 10:56 AM
Well I ditched the whole Aubrey topic last year out of disgust! It was the Clarifying Green Tea Shampoo that I used to love, that they then decided to make a citrusy scent (which to me smells like household cleaners, not shampoo). I can't use any of their other shampoos because I have very greasy hair naturally. The Green Tea shampoo was just about perfect for me.

I was just wondering what had happened - whether the new generation of folks had realized the errors of their ways in changing the old formulas, or if I should just forget about Aubrey Organics completely?

I'd still love to find a good replacement brand but still can't afford to spend $8 each time just to try.

renia22
June 24th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Well I ditched the whole Aubrey topic last year out of disgust! It was the Clarifying Green Tea Shampoo that I used to love, that they then decided to make a citrusy scent (which to me smells like household cleaners, not shampoo). I can't use any of their other shampoos because I have very greasy hair naturally. The Green Tea shampoo was just about perfect for me.

I was just wondering what had happened - whether the new generation of folks had realized the errors of their ways in changing the old formulas, or if I should just forget about Aubrey Organics completely?

I'd still love to find a good replacement brand but still can't afford to spend $8 each time just to try.

Same here with the green tea shampoo experience. It was one of the few sulfate free shampoos that I thought was okay for my hair, and they ruined it. I guess the original founder of the company died, and his kids took over, hence all of the "improvements". Maybe if they get enough complaints from consumers they will go back to the old formulas. The locally owned hippy grocery store in my area had some of the old conditioners in stock so I bought a few, but most of the reformulated items that I tried I didn't like. The biotin conditioner & camomile conditioner for fine hair are okay, the rest are a thumbs down. The worst for me is GPB protein conditioner, which had been around since forever, totally sucks now :( luckily I got my hands on 2 bottles of the old one.

MsBubbles
June 24th, 2015, 06:57 PM
I went through the same thought process, Renia! But then I ended up thinking that the heirs to the business didn't really care about losing the good old faithful customers, as it sounds like they are going after a whole new market, with more emphasis on marketing and sales, and less on quality of product. I imagined in my head (because I go to so many of these things for extra cash) them booking a market research study with a research company, and listening to people with short, salon-treated hair talk about how they didn't like the smell of the old ones, or how it made their hair greasy after one use, etc. So they changed it all to more closely resemble drug store products and who cares about us old faithful customers? I would definitely complain if I thought it'd bring back my old Green Tea Clarifying shampoo!
'

renia22
June 24th, 2015, 08:50 PM
I went through the same thought process, Renia! But then I ended up thinking that the heirs to the business didn't really care about losing the good old faithful customers, as it sounds like they are going after a whole new market, with more emphasis on marketing and sales, and less on quality of product. I imagined in my head (because I go to so many of these things for extra cash) them booking a market research study with a research company, and listening to people with short, salon-treated hair talk about how they didn't like the smell of the old ones, or how it made their hair greasy after one use, etc. So they changed it all to more closely resemble drug store products and who cares about us old faithful customers? I would definitely complain if I thought it'd bring back my old Green Tea Clarifying shampoo!
'

Ughhh, totally stinks :(. I did buy a primrose bar soap recently & that seems to be the same, but the rose mosqueta lotion is super perfumey now. I have not tried some of the deodorants I used to like, I wonder if those changed too. You are right, the quality seems to have gone out the window in exchange for new packaging & more mainstreamed products. Did you notice "fragrance" is now listed in a lot of their products, it used to be essential oils :(

chrissy-b
November 9th, 2015, 04:07 PM
Has anyone else tried the new calaguala fern shampoo and compared it to the old version? I've read that it's thinner than the old version but no word on if it performs the same. That was my favorite shampoo of all time and I can't seem to find a trial size to test it out for myself. I've written the company; hopefully they'll send me a sample to test out.

renia22
May 17th, 2017, 11:17 AM
Heads up, the ingredients have been changed yet again, and the products are out now. I bought the new green tea conditioner today (used to be a cream rinse), hopefully it will be okay. It used to be liquidy and now it looks like regular conditioner, and it smells like citrus. It looks like they changed the formulas and scents for most of them.

renia22
May 19th, 2017, 06:35 AM
So for anyone still interested in Aubrey Organics, I tried the Green Tea conditioner, which is supposed to be for oily hair, and it is way to heavy for my fine 2C hair. I also had some of the new reformulated Biotin and Chamomile Luxurious volumizing, both of which I used to like (including the first reformulation of the Chamomile), and they are also both now thick and buttery and make my hair weighed down, yet frizzy and dull simultaneously. I looked at the ingredients and they all have shea butter way up on the ingredient list, which I hate. I emailed the company. The worst is the GPB, I'm still mourning the loss of that one. *sigh*