PDA

View Full Version : Share your Sephora Experiences

LisaButz2001
April 7th, 2014, 09:43 PM
Do Sephora makeovers ever involve hair?

torrilin
April 8th, 2014, 09:58 AM
I can't speak for outside the US, but in the US, Sephora primarily concentrates on makeup, skin care products and fragrance. Originally the chain was French and almost entirely focused on fragrance. Given that they focus on high fashion brands, I would not trust them with my hair. While they do carry products and tools that work with long hair or curly hair, they have a heavy emphasis on blow dryers, straighteners and other expensive heat appliances that damage hair. And they're really inconsistent about what tools and products they do carry.

petitepraline
April 8th, 2014, 08:01 PM
Ive shopped there but have never had a makeover....but from what i've observed, it seems exclusive to makeup. Come to think of it, I don't even think I've ever seen any hair tools at their "beauty studio" station.

Lindseyh
April 8th, 2014, 08:31 PM
They don't carry much hair stuff at the sephora I go to, but its a small sephora in jcpenney. I wouldn't think any hair would be involved.

heartgoesboom
April 8th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Nope not the ones in northern Jersey

endlessly
April 8th, 2014, 08:40 PM
As far as I know, they never style or really touch your hair but if you're curious about hair products they sell, they will try to make recommendations. I've honestly never even had my makeup done at a Sephora because I don't like the 'makeup look' they sell: over-the-top and way too much!

Diamond.Eyes
April 8th, 2014, 10:57 PM
I used to work there and adored my job, but sadly they don't really touch your hair. For a hair makeover I would try somewhere like "Drybar". :flower:

kittenface
April 9th, 2014, 04:52 AM
When I was at Sephora in New York they did my makeup and my friend's hair :o
She has short hair though, I don't think they would dare touch super long hair : 0