PDA

View Full Version : 4 years anniversary ! From shoulder to...

Aeltt
April 7th, 2014, 02:52 PM
February 2010 : shoulder length
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10191&d=1396900864
September 2010 shoulder - APL
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10192&d=1396900901
February 2011 : BSL
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10193&d=1396901070
October 2011 : full BSL
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10194&d=1396901072
December 2011 : waist L !
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10195&d=1396901075
February 2012 : full waist L.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10196&d=1396901265
August 2012 : Crawling to hip L (look at my cute kitty !)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10197&d=1396901290
February 2013 : Is that hip L?
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10198&d=1396901568
April 2014 : almost BCL I think? (no, there's no one in front of this window. I guess.)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10199&d=1396902461

Not sure if that strand really is longer or just more straight because my hair is a tangled mess right now. I've been blowdrying because I was cold this winter and neglecting because I've been lazy. It's dryyyy. Damaged. Split ends everywhere. You would cringe at it :/
So I'm back here to look for new buns and hair masks recipes :D

Also I have an appointment to get my hair cut in a week. I'm not sure what to ask. A good trim and maybe long layers? Because my hair isn't curly as it used to be (I fake it with half-ups but really only the last few inches are curly).

Anyway, thank you for watching, please comment if you have moisturising recipes or tips or really anything !
Aloe, honey (and wheat protein btw) don't work for me but I'm up for anything else !
Did I say ANYTHING?

OleanderTime
April 7th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! I hope mine can look as lovely and wurly as yours as it grows. Long layers might help your curls come out more. Keep us posted - just lovely! :)

DweamGoiL
April 7th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Your hair grows really fast in 4 years. And yes, I agree that is is gorgeous! I have been stuck between mid-back and waist and the waves sometimes tease me. When they lay flat, I am there! When they are particularly wurly, I need 2-3 more inches....sigh

duchess67
April 7th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Wow, beautiful hair, thick and luscious :) It's amazing to see the growth in pics, from shoulder length to BCL.

Aderyn
April 7th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Ooh! Congratulations! Your hair is gorgeous. I hope your hair cut goes well and that you're pleased with the results. :)

Personally, I find spreading a little bit of coconut oil over damp hair to be a sufficient moisture treatment for every day. Might want to consider using more conditioner (I don't know your regimen, but maybe try WCC with a pre-poo coconut oil treatment, second C usually cone-free conditioner). Or whatever oils you have on hand (EVOO, Almond, argan, etc).

lapushka
April 7th, 2014, 03:47 PM
You could potentially cut it yourself with one of the compact cut methods for layering - if layers is what you want. You either put a ponytail on the top of your head and snip a tiny bit off (for longer layers) or you put a ponytail on the top of your forehead and snip a tiny bit off (for shorter layers). We did the latter method (short layers) and my layers range from hip+ to APL+, to give you an idea of how short the layers will be.

Aeltt
April 7th, 2014, 04:07 PM
OleanderTime: Thank you :) good growing to you

DweamGoiL: Yes, so fast I lose track of it! Sometimes I see pictures of me and I'm like "Is my hair this long??". I'm short though, so it might help haha
I should straighten it someday just to see how long they are. Good luck on your last inches to waist ^^
duchess67 : Thank you ! I know I really liked those timelines when my hair was shorter so I'm contributing now. It doesn't hurt to have positive feedback from the kind LHC ladies too.
Aderyn : Thanks ! I already do that D: I spread conditionner and/or oil (monoi or argan or shea butter) before washing as a mask, then rinse, shampoo scalp, condition length, rinse everything, condition again, rinse, and oil again when damp. AND IT'S STILL DRY. Now that I think of it I'll try to clarify tonight, maybe it's part of the problem.
lapushka : thanks but I haven't been to the hairdresser for like 6 years so I think that won't hurt haha And I'm really scared to cut layers by myself too

Lucky_Lucy
April 7th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Congratulations! That's a lot of growth, and your hair is lovely! :) Good luck with your trip to the hairdresser :)

momschicklets
April 7th, 2014, 04:38 PM
So pretty and inspiring! Especially since my hair right now is just about the same length as your first picture....thanks so much for sharing :blossom:

Jumper
April 7th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Fantastic! Layers do make my hair more curly I think by taking some of the weight off them (I hate my layers but that is one thing I'm ok with).

Vanilla
April 7th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Amazing growth! Wow!

ARG
April 7th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Wow! Your hair looks fantastic! The amount of length you've achieved is very inspiring!

I would try Fox's Shea Butter treatment for a moisturizing leave in. 2 Parts Shea Butter, 1 Part Coconut Oil, 2 Part Conditioner of Choice, pea sized amount rubbed into your palms and spread evenly throughout the ends. My hair drinks it up, even when I don't think it's thirsty.

Lady Mary
April 7th, 2014, 06:40 PM
So lovely, such pretty waves! Congrats on your anniversary on the board :)

FallingDarkness
April 7th, 2014, 07:05 PM
I am in love with your hair. Really. It's my new inspiration. Maybe I should grow my hair out past my hips too...

ositarosita
April 7th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Your hair is amazing .. I really hope that as mine grows it can resemble yours in some way. I like the messy, wild look. Layers definitely help with getting the curls back in their and I swear by Aphogee curlific texture treatment (not for those who are ingredient conscious)

jacqueline101
April 7th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Your hair is pretty and has grown a lot. The curls are pretty.

hypersensitive
April 7th, 2014, 10:36 PM
Your wurls are so pretty! It looks amazing against a white skirt/dress!

BlueRabbit
April 8th, 2014, 12:12 AM
I hope mine grows that fast! I haven't been keeping track because I've been reshaping my hem gradually from "creative layering"... what should be called damage from a synthetic dread weave. Finally keeping track now. You're an inspiration!

BlueRabbit
April 8th, 2014, 12:15 AM
Oh... and for moisture I haven't found anything that beats Earthly Body massage oil. It's got that combination of penetrating and sealing oils you want for deep moisture and protection. And they smell amazing. That and washing as little as possible works wonders for me! I wash mine about once a month, but I'm a very dry wurly one.

Colourful
April 8th, 2014, 01:05 AM
Woah! Your hair is gorgeous! Super nice progress! Congratulations!!! :)

MaryO
April 8th, 2014, 03:08 AM
Awww, I love your hair! Very motivational- thanks for posting pics!

embee
April 8th, 2014, 06:12 AM
Very nice set of pics, good illustrations of how it grew. Looks great.

Aeltt
April 8th, 2014, 06:14 AM
thank you everyone :D It's really flattering to read your compliments, in everyday life people mostly tell me to get a trim ^^

ARG : I'll try Fox's shea treatment thanks ! Only have to buy coconut oil.
FallingDarkness : Get away while you still can or you'll end up with ankle length before you know it, RUUUUNNN !! hahah
ositarosita : I'm afraid the messiness looks better in pictures than in real life ^^" I cut off silicon (kills my curls !) so no Aphogee for me, but thanks :)
hypersensitive : that's funny 'cause I wanted to put on a white dress for my last picture but the poofiness of the skirt didn't helped showing off the length. Yours is pretty long too, wow !
BlueRabbit : "Creative layering" haha. Been there, I cut "layers" with a toe nail clipper a long time ago. That was awful. I checked Earthly Body massage oils, they seem pretty nice (and edible too.. if it doesn't work on my hair i'm sure I'll find other uses hehe)
I wash once a week if I stretch washes more the ends get really dry and dusty so I brush it and it looks like a giant poof so I oil it and it looks like a grease ball soo.. I just wash it it's easier ^^

Majormiles
April 13th, 2014, 04:57 AM
Very inspiring! Lovely hair.

Mopolop
April 13th, 2014, 02:37 PM
I'm going to grow my hair to hip now, your hair just gets better and better in each pic. Gorgeous.

0xalis
April 13th, 2014, 06:45 PM
:agape: your hair is amazing! ♥_♥ Congratulations on 4 years, keep growin' strong! :D

Ravenwind
April 13th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Beautiful! I agree that getting long layers will help bring your curls back and help get rid of some damage. Good luck :)

ErinLeigh
April 15th, 2014, 08:06 PM
This is really helpful (inspiring)
Thank you for posting. Your hair is absolutely lovely. I love seeing progress photos.

For dry hair? Just a suggestion but I love Lapushkas thread on WCC. If you shampoo it really works well (heck I use it even when I cowash). If you use cones try using a cone free conditioner right after the wash, then add the coney conditioner second. If cone free use the deeper conditioner first, then just whatever one for second you like.
After wash apply a leave in conditioner, then seal that in with your preference of oils, butters or cones. The LOC method is one way to try.

Maybe go back to pre-wash oilings also if they ever seemed to help in the past. Always deep condition after a clarifying treatment.
If you stretch washes, maybe at the midpoint spritz hair with water and then apply some leave in conditioner? Just basically anything to bring and hold moisture to hair.

Sometimes just a small trim brings everything back so you will probably feel a good change just doing that.

My hair used to be ultra dry and the things listed above brought my moisture balance back. Of course that doesn't mean it will be your holy grail. I just wanted to reply something for a suggestion since you took the time to kindly post some very nice pictures. :) It doesn't look dry or damaged from photos. It is one thing I tend to notice in hair as I suffered from it so long. I was surprised to read that.

BonnieU
April 15th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Inspirational! Currently apl striving for wl :-D

Aeltt
April 17th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Aw thanks again everyone :D I'm glad my hair is long enough to inspire anyone ! My haircut is Saturday, I'll post pictures when I can.

ErinLeigh thanks for the tips ! I'll try them ^^
I know I used to spray water and apply conditioner in between washes, but after a while I just got lazy and I totally forgot about it... but it did make my hair soft and conditioned now that you mention it. I just have to stop being so lazy.
What I hate about small trims is that my hair feels really good just after I cut it and after like two weeks it's back to the state in was before the cut, just shorter :( So I just avoid regular trims they just seem useless.

Kome
April 17th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Inspring! You hair is so pretty. I am at APL right now. I cut from tailbone awhile back. I just can't wait to get back to BSL!

dollyfish
April 17th, 2014, 09:01 PM
I think we might be hair twins! And your hair seems to grow at about the same rate as mine. Makes me feel better about the fact that I just cut back to chin-length, haha.

Chamomile betty
April 18th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Congrats and great progress pics!
Beautiful hair.