PDA

View Full Version : My Haircut

spidermom
March 19th, 2008, 02:54 PM
After lopping off my own longest, splittiest length, I discovered that my haircut was crooked and went to the stylist. After she finished making my ends even, she asked politely if she could straighten my hair. She felt that would best bring out my hair's beauty and show off her handiwork. She promised that she wouldn't hurt my hair. The other people in the salon oohed and aahed; I blushed.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/straight1.jpg

AJoifulNoise
March 19th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Wow, check out that shine! :cool:

Isilme
March 19th, 2008, 02:57 PM
that looks gorgeous! Very blunt but not straight across, lovely:) Now we want to see how it looks when wurly!

SHADOWSCODE46
March 19th, 2008, 02:58 PM
:agape:

B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L!!
It looks so healthy and shiny spidermom!

Lixie
March 19th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Your hair looks gorgeous, spidermom. So shiny!

Madam Librarian
March 19th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Very pretty, but I like your waves too. :)

Just look how shiny your hair is! You must be taking really good care of it, despite the splits.

Xandergrammy
March 19th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Wow!!! It looks beautiful. How did she straighten it?

Unofficial_Rose
March 19th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Wow! Looks lovely :toast: Very shiny and the ends look neat.

spidermom
March 19th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Wow!!! It looks beautiful. How did she straighten it?

She used the flat-iron with protective spray; she was very fast. Time will tell as to whether or not she hurt my hair, but I just couldn't say no. Truth be told, if this length is the longest my hair can be and still look and feel fabulous, that's fine with me. I imagine that wurly my hair will be right about waist length in the back, a little shorter in front (it's a U).

Delilah
March 19th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Your hair is amazingly shiny and looks very well moisturised. I just love the natural variations in your browns and silvers.

az_sweetie01
March 19th, 2008, 03:18 PM
It looks beautiful and I agree with Madam Librarian, the waves are just as pretty :)

ole gray mare
March 19th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Wow, Spidey! What a fabulous treat! So lovely to have a little change once in a while. It's a reward for all the hard work, diligence and patience.

Your hair, whether straight or curly is breathtaking.

Silver & Gold
March 19th, 2008, 03:24 PM
OMG! Gorgeous!

DavidN
March 19th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Oh my goodness, SpiderMom, your hair looks breathtaking in this photo, and look at that shine, and it looks longer too, despite the trim!

Faepirate
March 19th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Lovely!

I confess I am drawn to your waves, but your hair is exquisite straight, too.

AquaViolet1973
March 19th, 2008, 03:30 PM
What beautiful hair you have, Spidermom. :)

Xan
March 19th, 2008, 03:31 PM
very pretty and it doesn't look like you lost any length.

Celebrian
March 19th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Beautiful, just beautiful...

WritingPrincess
Wow! :agape: That looks beautiful, although I wouldn't know that as your familier "face". :)

Sarahmoon
Very nice, but I like your waves too :) (and those are less damaging I guess)

spidermom
March 19th, 2008, 03:40 PM
very pretty and it doesn't look like you lost any length.

I think we'll see the loss in length the next time I wash it and let it go wurly.

Garnet66
March 19th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Your hair is pretty if it's wurly or straight. I aspire to have awesome hair like you.

xrosiex
March 19th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Your hair is beatiful spidermon. I like it straight or wavy. Both look great! I really like to wear my hair straight sometimes too. It just feels good.:)

spidermom
March 19th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Your hair is pretty if it's wurly or straight. I aspire to have awesome hair like you.

There is no doubt because your hair is already pretty awesome.

kadje
March 19th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Wow! How beautiful and shiny!

Rosemary
March 19th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Your hair looks so beautiful and shiny.

Garnet66
March 19th, 2008, 03:58 PM
There is no doubt because your hair is already pretty awesome.

:blushing: Aww, thanks.

FrannyG
March 19th, 2008, 04:05 PM
It's just beautiful! :cloud9:

lora410
March 19th, 2008, 04:07 PM
:agape:WOW it is stunning. Look at all that shine!!!!!!

naomimcc
March 19th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Fantastic! I love love love what straighteners do to my hair shine-wise....but I just can't bring myself to do it. Once every 5 years or so LOL!

andrea1982
March 19th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Wow! So shiny and healthy looking! But I like your waves, too.

Cichelle
March 19th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Your hair is so pretty either way!

ladiosaRosa
March 19th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I think your hair is beautiful either way. But, what fun it must be to have treated yourself to that straightening. Thanks for showing us. It couldn't hurt much at all if you rarely do it.

Darscilla
March 19th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Wow wow wow! That's why straightening irons are so addictive! I wonder how much damage they really do, if you use a protective spray like your stylist did? I mean, how often would be too often? :ponder: My irons are still in my draw, I haven't got rid of them, but I haven't used them for a couple of years. I used to find the smoothing effect lasted even after the first wash, and omg, the shine...

cindy58
March 19th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Your hair looks great! I was waiting to see a pic!

hrimfaxi
March 19th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Wow, your hair is super-shiny! 8) Looks good; I imagine straightening just once is probably not going to cause you problems.

jessie58
March 19th, 2008, 04:51 PM
SPIDERMOM!!! THAT'S GORGEOUS.

spidermom
March 19th, 2008, 04:54 PM
o.k., o.k. -- I'm officially blushing again. I started out writing thank yous to each one of you individually, but I've kind of bogged down under the response. I know there are a lot of threads out there. My sincerest thanks to each of you for looking at mine and taking the time to comment.

Ohio Sky
March 19th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Lovely :) Check out that shine!

Jaime
March 19th, 2008, 05:10 PM
:thud: Beautiful, Ma'am, simply beautiful.

8) Jim

jojo
March 19th, 2008, 05:13 PM
After lopping off my own longest, splittiest length, I discovered that my haircut was crooked and went to the stylist. After she finished making my ends even, she asked politely if she could straighten my hair. She felt that would best bring out my hair's beauty and show off her handiwork. She promised that she wouldn't hurt my hair. The other people in the salon oohed and aahed; I blushed.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/straight1.jpg
oh spidermom, your hair looks beautiful and i can't see any difference in the length, your still TB. Its totally stunning xxx

AmandaPanda
March 19th, 2008, 05:19 PM
So pretty! It was only straightened once - can't hurt, right? You did say she was fast, and that's key.

Jason
March 19th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Wow, gorgeous hair, spidermom!! She did a great job on the cut.

Pegasus Marsters
March 19th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Wow, gorgeous! Pretty pretty shiny hair! ^.^

Chamomile betty
March 19th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Wonderful shine !
Glad you like your trim. It looks great.

Nat242
March 19th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Wow! Lovely! But then, your hair is lovely wurly or straight.

-- Natalie

TammySue
March 19th, 2008, 06:58 PM
WOW! Gorgeous!!! :)

Blueglass
March 19th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Your hair lays so gracefully. Seeing it is a real treat. Hopefully I can figure out how to post pics soon.

Carolyn
March 19th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Now that is thud worthy hair! Holy cow it's looking gorgeous! Hope you are enjoying it. I love it when the stylist straightens mine. I don't own a straightener but it sure is fun to have that look once in a while.

birthmarkie
March 19th, 2008, 07:12 PM
You have a perfect hemline and flawless hair.

Planning to post any pics of the wurly version? :D

cuddledumplin
March 19th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Your hair looks beautiful, but I always liked your waves too.

addikted
March 19th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Spidermom, its beautiful either way. That shine is amazing, can anyone say BLING!

coppercurls
March 19th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Beautiful, just like youe wurls!:)

tiny_teesha
March 19th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Wow, i couldn't recognise you without the waves! I do love wavey hair but your hair looks awesome straight too, very shiney and well looked after!!!! I can barely notice the trim too!

Velvettt
March 19th, 2008, 11:41 PM
:thud:

Ladies and gentlemen, do not be alarmed. The loud crash you heard was Vel falling off her chair. She is unharmed and will return to regular blathering shortly.

And SM? The next time you post about hating your hair...:whip:

MadPirateBippy
March 20th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Wow, the shine is really incredible, but it is kind of weird in a way.

I think it's odd there are people who I "know" who I recognize from the back of their head. Having your lovely wurly waves gone is like having a different face.

I love it either way, the shine is so pretty, but the natural wurls are also lovely.

Melein
March 20th, 2008, 02:15 AM
Your hair looks so lovely and shiny! And I'll echo whoever said that it doesn't seem you've lost much length at all. Beautiful. :)

Lisa-Maria
March 20th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Shiny shiny hair, but I think I do prefer the wilder more natural look the curles give you. Having straight hair myself I prefer curls :)

enfys
March 20th, 2008, 02:25 AM
I'm quite sure we all have hair envy now! That's utterly stunning. Nice to hear everyone else at the salon cooed over it too. They know good hair when they see it.

FaeryTails
March 20th, 2008, 02:47 AM
Your hair looks absolutely amazing!

spidermom
March 20th, 2008, 08:26 AM
I'm quite sure we all have hair envy now! That's utterly stunning. Nice to hear everyone else at the salon cooed over it too. They know good hair when they see it.

It seems my stylist likes to show off that she has a long-hair client. She's growing her hair out, too.

Pixel Gypsy
March 20th, 2008, 08:42 AM
I've rarely seen hair that's been ironed that looks so healthy! Gorgeous!

spidermom
March 20th, 2008, 08:49 AM
I've rarely seen hair that's been ironed that looks so healthy! Gorgeous!

Thank you so much. I never iron it myself anymore. At most, I will allow the stylist to iron it when I get trims every 3-4 months because she loves it so much.

It's wurly today, and I can definitely see the loss in length now (but I'm still happy). I might get a new signature if I can get somebody behind the camera for me.

nastasska
March 20th, 2008, 08:51 AM
:agape:

B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L!!
It looks so healthy and shiny spidermom!

What she said:cheese:

Kittee
March 20th, 2008, 09:02 AM
It looks lovely. =) And I know how you feel. Being a curly/wurly myself it sucks to have so much length hidden by the curls! You are an inspiration to me!

Curlsgirl
March 20th, 2008, 09:23 AM
How did I miss this yesterday???? :eek: Your hair looks so gorgeous both ways!!! Don't you wish there was some way to straighten it once in a while without worrying at all about damage? I LOVE seeing the true length and feeling the silkiness once in a while myself and pretty much the only time is when I go to my salon too (which has been um probably a year :) )

I love your waves too, you have beautiful hair just to embarrass you further! Okay my mission here is accomplished! (leaves thread now)

missy60
March 20th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Wow its beautiful but as you already know Im a big fan of your hair either way.

vindo
March 20th, 2008, 01:48 PM
She used the flat-iron with protective spray; she was very fast. Time will tell as to whether or not she hurt my hair, but I just couldn't say no. Truth be told, if this length is the longest my hair can be and still look and feel fabulous, that's fine with me. I imagine that wurly my hair will be right about waist length in the back, a little shorter in front (it's a U).

Wow!! :D Spidermom that is 1aaa Hair!

I think 1 time does not hurt either.

Hm..I trimmed badly too..zig zag with 1" difference to be exact. But I dont want to go to a salon...;)

MelLuna
March 20th, 2008, 02:07 PM
I love straight hair that's shine and looks healthy. :D

Robinlyn
March 20th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Your hair is so beautiful! Look at your shine! She did a really great job with the cut! Looks perfect!

Xandergrammy
March 20th, 2008, 03:00 PM
It's a beautiful length and now you know that it looks great straight or wurly!

AutumnLeaves
March 20th, 2008, 03:05 PM
SpiderMom, I've always loved your hair! It is stunning straight too! I love it! So thick and shiny and healthy! Beautiful!!!

Neoma
March 20th, 2008, 03:15 PM
OMG, your hair looks amazing, spidermom! I love the cut. I think it's pretty both ways, but straightened you can really see the definition of the hemline and the blinding shine!

AprilElf
March 20th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Oooo, fun! It looks great --and I bet you can't resist feeling how straight it is all the time, running it through your hands!
Straight or wurly, it's gorgeous and the colour is so pretty. :)

Missy
March 20th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Your hair is very beautiful and shiny, I love the trim.

aprilmay
March 20th, 2008, 05:28 PM
My sister used a straightener on my hair once ( I have pretty straight hair already) and I had broken hair (short spiky at my roots). It does look great and I hope the protective spray did its job.

spidermom
March 20th, 2008, 05:32 PM
My sister used a straightener on my hair once ( I have pretty straight hair already) and I had broken hair (short spiky at my roots). It does look great and I hope the protective spray did its job.

I believe it! My daughter used a metal straightener on my hair once and I could find burned hairs ever after. The ceramic plate straighteners - not so bad.

My stylist was very fast; I think my hair will be o.k. If not, we won't do it again (even if she does love it).