PDA

View Full Version : Can someone type my hair please?

threadOfGold
April 5th, 2014, 12:38 PM
I wasn't really sure when I typed it, I just guessed..
Here is my hair after air drying, I did a CWC wash today.
Can anyone suggest how I upload a photo to show you? I'm not sure if the image has worked.
C:\Users\Ellz James\AppData\Local\Temp\sel.png

Larki
April 5th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Upload it to a website like http://tinypic.com/ and post the [IMG] link here.

threadOfGold
April 6th, 2014, 02:16 PM
http://snapwidget.com/v/692100589778253259#.U0G1o2t5mK0
Hi everyone,
That link should direct you to a photo of my hair.
that is after air drying and a CWC wash.
can you please type my hair?

Aderyn
April 6th, 2014, 02:23 PM
I would say 2a, maybe 1c, though it's hard to say without seeing a full length shot (does you hair get wavier the further down it goes, for instance?)

threadOfGold
April 6th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Sorry I don't have a full length shot at the moment, but it say it's pretty much the same all the way down. It's at BSL at the moment. Thank you for your suggestions :)

Wosie
April 6th, 2014, 02:31 PM
I would type you as 1b based on that picture, but as the whole hair isn't included in the shot it's really hard to tell.

Lucky_Lucy
April 6th, 2014, 02:36 PM
I would say 1c or 1c/2a, if you have any S wave in your hair that isn't visible in the pic.

ladylowtide
April 6th, 2014, 02:39 PM
1c? It looks like its trying to wave, typically for these you wash without doing any conditioner because it can effect your hair texture's appearance. If you shampoo and clarify without conditioning or touching your hair it might appear more like 1c/2a, or 2a.

threadOfGold
April 6th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Sorry everyone, I know it's a bit of an irritating picture. I don't have a proper hairy hair one right now. You know it's funny you mention that because if I wet my hair with just water it dries really wavey. So is there any way I can alter my routine to bring out these possible waves?:)

Wosie
April 6th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Plopping the hair encourages waves, especially if I scrunch some aloe vera into it as well. Have you tried that before? CO washing brought out my waves as well, I recommend that method to all wavies. :) (It doesn't work for everyone, of course.)

threadOfGold
April 6th, 2014, 02:51 PM
This sounds interesting! What exactly is plopping, something is telling me it's a way you wrap your hair after washing but I could be wrong. I'm going to try co washing next week, I have two weeks off school and I want to test it then because I worry if something went wrong and I'd have to go to school with hair that looked odd. I hope co works for me though!

cherrybird
April 6th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Not Wosie, but plopping is a way of drying your hair that encourages waves and curls by wrapping your hair so it all sits on top of your head. Here's a link! http://www.wikihow.com/Plop-Your-Hair

I would not recommend going without conditioner. For me its kind of a fine line between weighing my curls/waves down with too much and becoming a dry spiky frizzball with too little.

threadOfGold
April 6th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Thank you for the link, I finally understand! Seems like an easy way to achieve waves, can't wait to try it! I know what you mean, I think I had been swimming in a river on holiday and when I came out my hair dryed into waves, it wasn't dry because I had washed and conditioned the day before. But hey, I can't swim in rivers every time I want my hair to dry wavy, not too convenient :o;)

DweamGoiL
April 6th, 2014, 04:45 PM
You can also apply a light gel and scrunch, but your hair looks like it may be fine so you should use a light volumizing conditioner. I like Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume because it conditions nicely, doesn't weigh the hair down, and has no cones in it. I find cones to really discourage my waves. You can also keep a spritzer with some water, a tsp or two of light conditioner, a tbsp of sea salt, and a tsp or two of light gel. This way you can revive 2nd day hair into wavyness.