PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice...

FallingDarkness
April 5th, 2014, 11:23 AM
I've been considering trying out FAST shampoo over the summer, mainly because I'll have the time to shower every day, which is what the instructions say. However, it seems to only help out 50% of those who try it, so there's a 50% chance that it'll do NOTHING for my hair growth!! :( I've been stretching my washes, now I can easily go two days in-between washes and could probably stretch even further soon. My hair is a lot healthier because of this, and if I were to purchase the shampoo it'd be mechanically damaged by washing it every day, plus my natural oils would be removed from my hair every time I washed, even if I were careful to only wash my scalp. So, do you guys think it'd be worth it to try this shampoo, or should I stick to my new LHC routine? Thanks.

Madora
April 5th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Stuff that promises to make your hair grow faster (which I'm assuming FAST shampoo is) is a waste of money, time and effort. Your hair growth is a combination of many things: genes, diet, exercise, how you care for it. If the product was truly effective, it would work on everyone...not just 50%. Keep to your LHC routine and know that you're doing the best for your hair.

sarahthegemini
April 5th, 2014, 11:44 AM
I think you should stick to what you've been doing. You say your hair is much healthier now, is it worth risking that on the off chance that you might speed up growth? I'm skeptical about topical products that claim that they can improve growth anyway, and I reckon they only instruct buyers to use their product daily to get them to use more and thus make them a bigger profit.

ositarosita
April 5th, 2014, 11:47 AM
That stuffed DESTROYED my hair when it was only a .5" pixie, it didn't work at all so it wasn't even worth it. If anything it set me back. Just keep doing what your doing.. if you want increased hair growth rate check out http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=119947

FallingDarkness
April 5th, 2014, 11:49 AM
True. I'd much rather keep the health of my hair rather than some increased growth.
Thank you sooo much for the help :)

ETA: You see, this is why I love LHC so much. I've been going back and forth as to whether or not I should purchase it, and you wise people are all ready to help me determine what I should do and even provide me with alternate ways of trying to increase hair growth.
You guys rock.

diddiedaisy
April 5th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Made my hair like straw and didn't improve growth.

Wildcat Diva
April 5th, 2014, 03:23 PM
No way I'd use it.