PDA

View Full Version : Sneaky sneaky LHC...

Quasiquixotic
April 1st, 2014, 11:47 AM
This forum is sneaky...

I joined thinking I wanted to have waist lenght hair. With in a month I was thinking hip would be cool. Today, about 2 months in, I found myself thinking, classic would be awesome! Just think of all the things I could do with that much hair? The hair toy eats buns, buns eat head looks I could rock.

very cleaver, sneaky sneaks.

im gonna want floor lenght hair by Christmas aren't I...

CremeTron
April 1st, 2014, 12:00 PM
So funny! Me too. I have very modest goals- healthy hair and unstretched shoulder length but after seeing ladies with my hair type with much longer hair, I think hmmmmn....

I don't think I am willing to put in any extra work though, so probably not for me.

Good luck with your goals. Your progress is great and your hair looks very healthy and thick.

AmyBeth
April 1st, 2014, 12:15 PM
Me too. I started with a goal of waist, then hip, then classic, now as long as it will grow. I don't think my genetics will support much longer than BCL, but the journey is fun!

Larki
April 1st, 2014, 12:19 PM
Me too! I remember in the very beginning, I saw pictures of the different hair lengths and thought that anything past classic was WAY too long, but now I would happily take whatever my genes will give me! Which is difficult to tell; most of the women in my family and extended family have short (above shoulder length) hair, but my mom used to have waist length and I have an aunt with gorgeous wavy blonde hair that, if I remember right, was around hip last time I saw her.

Lucky_Lucy
April 1st, 2014, 12:32 PM
SO true! When I joined, I was sure I wanted my hair to get to hip, and no longer...Now I think maybe tailbone would be a good one to maintain...but thigh looks so great on so many, I would have to see how it would be for me... :)))

Verdandi
April 1st, 2014, 12:33 PM
I thought BSL was somewhat long when I came here, so I wanted WL. But after a few months lurking the forum I decided I would see if it could grow to hip. Now I'm brushing waist and it feels soo SHORT. But I told myself I can't have any more goals until I reach hip. Let's see how that goes... :p The crazy thing is that my hair felt kind of long when it reached APL (grew out a bob), and now, at slmost double the length, it feels short. Sneaky LHC indeed!

Stiria
April 1st, 2014, 12:37 PM
Next thing you know you will be eyeing mid-thigh or knee:) When I decided to grow my hair long, my goal was classic. Now I want to reach knee or maybye even upper calf.. Or mid-calf..... Haha, I guess I will grow until I think its long enough. If that ever happens:shrug:

melusine963
April 1st, 2014, 12:44 PM
:D When I joined, my goal was BCL. Then TBL. Now I'm at classic, and thinking about trying for terminal length.

Dessi
April 1st, 2014, 12:54 PM
I wanted TBL and I tought that Mid-thigh is too long. Now I want Classic and I think that Knee-length is a very nice length lol :D I don't know about my genes.. I have longer hair than my mother and grandmother have ever had.. but my other grandmother (mother of my father) had longer and super thick hair so I hope I can have the hair she once had.

molljo
April 1st, 2014, 01:02 PM
Haha, just yesterday I changed my goal from bsl to waist! I personally don't think I could handle anything longer than bcl, but I could easily see myself thinking about hip sometime in the future.

NoRush
April 1st, 2014, 01:25 PM
Same here :P When I first joined my goal was healthy waist but not long afterwards I decided to shoot for tailbone. Personally I don't think I can get any longer or even if I can manage a decent looking tailbone but we'll see :) Anything longer than waist is plenty for me :D

Viola88
April 1st, 2014, 01:29 PM
If I remember right, I came here looking for henna tips. Before I knew it, I stopped cutting my hair and now spend every spare dime on hair toys.

LongHairLesbian
April 1st, 2014, 01:54 PM
Haha I know what you mean! When I first joined, classic seemed like a crazy, super-lofty goal, because I don't know anyone with hair that length. Since spending time around LHC, I do! Some of you lovely people have hair even longer than that! Mid-thigh, or even knee is starting to look so beautiful and romantic... funny how perceptions change. :) I'm not yet in uncharted territory, so I'll have to see how much length I can take. Maybe if I reach my goal in a few years, I'll have a new goal to work towards.

Stray_mind
April 1st, 2014, 01:57 PM
Hehe, it sure is sneaky. I came here with a goal of wl, but now h changed it to tbl and even tl seems very tempting :)

Nightshade
April 1st, 2014, 02:05 PM
Oh just wait. Next you'll buy a menstural cup. Then you'll get an IUD.

I've made more life decisions based on LHC than you'd suspect. Hair is only the beginning :twisted: :lol:

Quasiquixotic
April 1st, 2014, 02:12 PM
Lol! Awesome. I already use a cup. Maybe that's why this forum is so sneaky, it's all like hair, hair, pretty pretty hair, nwso, and you're like, oh yeah, that seems cool, not crazy at all... :)

Oh just wait. Next you'll buy a menstural cup. Then you'll get an IUD.

I've made more life decisions based on LHC than you'd suspect. Hair is only the beginning :twisted: :lol:

seamstress
April 1st, 2014, 04:31 PM
Yep. I came here for tips to get my hair healthy and back to APL. Looking at pictures, I'm now thinking waist or lower mid back as a goal.

Vanilla
April 1st, 2014, 04:47 PM
My original goal was waist, and I nearly reached hip, but I trimmed back to waist. I would love classic, but if I have too much taper and my hemline isn't even, I'll trim back to where the hemline looks nice and thick. My next mini goal is hip before the end of this year.

I bought vibram 5 finger shoes because of LHC. They are singularly the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned in my life.

MadeiraD
April 1st, 2014, 04:49 PM
I joined thinking I wanted to get thicker/healthier ends at TBL and now I want classic... and maybe longer. Hmmmmm. I also owned literally no hair toys when I joined, I now own... too many

Quasiquixotic
April 1st, 2014, 04:50 PM
I have vibrams. I prefer my soft star shoes, www.softstar.com. They just introduced ballet flats and their Mary Janes are so comfy. I find they are an excellent balance between barefoot shoes and normal looking shoes.

My original goal was waist, and I nearly reached hip, but I trimmed back to waist. I would love classic, but if I have too much taper and my hemline isn't even, I'll trim back to where the hemline looks nice and thick. My next mini goal is hip before the end of this year.

I bought vibram 5 finger shoes because of LHC. They are singularly the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned in my life.

Vanilla
April 1st, 2014, 04:55 PM
I have vibrams. I prefer my soft star shoes, www.softstar.com. They just introduced ballet flats and their Mary Janes are so comfy. I find they are an excellent balance between barefoot shoes and normal looking shoes.

I am totally looking at their site right now. I can't really tell what kind of material the ballet flats are made of. I work in a business casual office, and I am always looking for comfortable dress shoes to wear there.

I couldn't see if they had stores that they sell the shoes in. I don't really like buying shoes online.

Auburndreaming
April 1st, 2014, 04:56 PM
I feel the same way, I started with a goal of waist length but now i'm not so sure if that'll be a long term goal, as I see so much wonderful hair at all different lengths, it makes me want to see how it'd feel for myself! :)

FireFromWithin
April 1st, 2014, 04:57 PM
I wanted waist. I'm not half an inch from hip and aiming for TBL by the end of 2014. Right now that's my final goal but then classic looks so pretty and I found out that my grandma had classic plus hair so hopefully my genetics will get there! Will have to wait and see what my goals turn into when I get there. It always amazes me how short my hair feels since it's never been longer than this! Hair dysmorphia, that's what this site has given me. But the next goal always looks so pretty and there's always a hairstyle that needs just a little bit more length...

Lindenare
April 1st, 2014, 05:02 PM
I joined partly because of this effect. After lurking for a few weeks, I decided I wanted to grow my hair again (technically have been growing it out for a while, but it was more not-cutting than deciding I wanted it longer). I'm at hip, definitely want to get to tailbone, and am trying to decide if I want knee, floor, or terminal as a final goal. I'm pretty sure my hair can get that long, as I've gotten it to mid-hip - probably tailbone, really - with virtually no taper in the length despite doing nothing to protect it.

cherrybird
April 1st, 2014, 05:03 PM
I also came here in search of henna tips and tricks! I wanted to grow my hair to APL at first (I thought that was 18 inches on me for some reason, its more like 25) but I see all the beautiful long hair here and now I'm thinking waist or hip length. I have no idea what I'm genetically capable of in this area, most of my relatives now have shoulder length or shorter hair, and when it was longer it was around BSL. I guess the most important thing is not to cut it too often! :p

Quasiquixotic
April 1st, 2014, 05:24 PM
Leather, I don't have a pair ballet flats, but I do have their Mary Janes and boots. Quality leather. Vibram sole. I've been incredible rough on my boots and they still look good. If you buy from them spring for the sheepskin insoles. They do take returns, and will refund the origional shipping costs, you do have to pay for return shipping. Seriously best shoes ever. I've gotten rid of all my other shoes and am amassing a collection of theirs. You know, when I'm not amassing a collection of hair toys.

I think I have a problem...

I am totally looking at their site right now. I can't really tell what kind of material the ballet flats are made of. I work in a business casual office, and I am always looking for comfortable dress shoes to wear there.

I couldn't see if they had stores that they sell the shoes in. I don't really like buying shoes online.

kaydana
April 1st, 2014, 05:31 PM
I joined thinking I wanted to get thicker/healthier ends at TBL and now I want classic... and maybe longer. Hmmmmm. I also owned literally no hair toys when I joined, I now own... too many

How exactly does one go about owning "too many" hair toys. Such a thing is impossible, surely?

Hosta
April 1st, 2014, 06:44 PM
When I decided to grow my hair my goal was APL. After a short time here I set my goal at waist. Now the goal is just to see how long I can grow my hair. As kaydana said, is it possible to have too many hair toys? Every time I think I will stop buying hair toys, I find another one I can't do without.

MadeiraD
April 1st, 2014, 06:53 PM
Yeah I keep thinking "This is enough, I mean I wear almost nothing that isn't black, white, grey, red, or pink" but no, there's always another toy I NEED

excentricat
April 1st, 2014, 08:23 PM
I came in with shoulder length hair and a lofty goal of waist. I just hit tailbone, and it still isn't long enough.

Vanilla
April 1st, 2014, 08:43 PM
Leather, I don't have a pair ballet flats, but I do have their Mary Janes and boots. Quality leather. Vibram sole. I've been incredible rough on my boots and they still look good. If you buy from them spring for the sheepskin insoles. They do take returns, and will refund the origional shipping costs, you do have to pay for return shipping. Seriously best shoes ever. I've gotten rid of all my other shoes and am amassing a collection of theirs. You know, when I'm not amassing a collection of hair toys.

I think I have a problem...

I think you've now just enabled me! Thank you so much :)

FallingDarkness
April 1st, 2014, 08:46 PM
At first I just wanted waist length, but now I'm practically at BSL and am thinking that hip would be a better goal. I think much past that would get waaaaay too hard to maintain though, but when I get there I might even still want a longer length. *sigh*

Laurenji
April 1st, 2014, 09:11 PM
LHC always deceives me into thinking that I can handle longer hair than I can. When I started on here, my goal was APL-ish, maybe BSL. I then proceeded to grow it out all the way to just past waist, realized I get annoyed by my hair when it's that long, cut it back to APL, and stopped looking at LHC for a couple years.

Now it's back to "creeping-towards-waist" again, and I'm on LHC again, and I'm thinking "Mmmmm, tailbone sounds nice . . . maybe longer?"

Aderyn
April 1st, 2014, 09:17 PM
When I first discovered LHC, my goal was around hip length. That quickly changed to TBL. Now, I've been seriously considering classic length. I don't know if I'll decide to grow past classic, I think I'll really just have to wait for another year or two and reevaluate my length goals then. I feel like at classic I would still be comfortable wearing my hair down and really like the look of it, whereas past classic I would start to get uncomfortable with it - which is really a wait and see sort of thing and I can't really decide at the current time since I've never had my hair anywhere near classic, let alone TBL.

MadeiraD
April 1st, 2014, 09:22 PM
I wore my hair down all the time when I had past classic when I was younger, it looked raggedy, but I think wearing it up more it'll look better down once I get there (who knows if I'll decide to go longer after that)

Quasiquixotic
April 1st, 2014, 09:31 PM
I love that I'm not the only one. I think we should call this the LHC effect. Enabling at its purest :)

I think you've now just enabled me! Thank you so much :)

Hee! Let me know what you think :)

Ingrid
April 1st, 2014, 09:31 PM
I too came here at APL with the goal of growing out healthy WL hair... Now at hip and it feels and looks so short to me! That's why I sneakily amended my goal to Terminal so I won't have to keep revising it from TBL to Classic to Knee to Calf...! :lol:

Sarahlabyrinth
April 1st, 2014, 09:46 PM
I came here at just past shoulder and wanted waist. Well, waist is just a whisper away now, and now I have decided classic is the length to be! Waist just feels short! Actually it feels like BSL:( it keeps fooling me all the time.

I keep wondering if I will be content with Classic now. Some styles you just need REEAALLYYYY LOOOONNNNG Hair for. And waist isn't long enough for lots of updos.

restless
April 1st, 2014, 11:07 PM
I know what you mean by sneaky...

I stumbled upon this forum with no specific goal in mind other than "long hair". As I had the IRL perspective of long hair back then, that meant waist-hip length. I considered that super long and pretty much unachievable (which it probably would have been with my pre- LHC routines...). It didnt take long until my goal was classic. I jumped back to TBL for a while though, but now Im back to classic as my main goal.

Not only has this forum skewed up my view on long hair but it has made me into a hair toy / hair related stuff addict too. I´ve bought sticks, forks, clips, storage boxes for all the hair toys, hair scissors, a tangle teezer, oils, more satin ribbon than I can handle, yarn... I have even tried making my own sticks.

So yeah, this forum made me end up with ridiculously much hair and an addiction. And I love it ;)

Jumper
April 1st, 2014, 11:08 PM
I am starting at waist, wanting hip, after a month I'm already like "Why such a short distance? Surely tailbone length is the place to be."

Mostly I am dying for these layers to be grown out and the shortest is shoulder length. Since my last hair cut I was gullible enough to be talked into layers I'm considering just not cutting my hair in the foreseeable future, and just letting it grow wild for awhile.

hanne jensen
April 2nd, 2014, 12:57 AM
When I first discovered LHC I wanted BSL hair. To me that was long. Now I want hair to the floor...

Toomuchhair
April 2nd, 2014, 01:16 AM
LOL! I was TOTALLY obsessed with growing my hair in December last year (after I got over my short term short hair phase). The LHC fuelled my desire even more! I didn't even realise that people had hair that was longer than their mid back! (I guess it just never occurred to me! But now... I think I have just got back to my obsession! :cool: I want tailbone length now - IM SOOOO IMPATIENT!!!

Toffeemonster
April 2nd, 2014, 04:52 AM
Yep, me too. For the first few weeks I was convinced, tbl would be my max length. Because with hair down,that is the max I would want it. But as I discovered hair toys...buns...have figured out how to french plait(after years of failing)....the things I could do with my hair! Then watching the "show me your bun" thread...holy heck, those buns, they are so beautiful, and make my ("long")hair look so puny! Totally has me wanting my hair, much much, longer. But just because I've changed my train of thought, from hair down, to hair up. I asked my husband yesterday, what would he consider the max length to go for if my hair were to just keep growing, and he just shrugged and said whatever, as long as it would go! I think my max would be somewhere around thigh, but we'll see!

veryhairyfairy
April 2nd, 2014, 07:12 AM
Oh goodness, I call this phenomenon LHC-itis! :lol:
I came here (through a link on a bun tutorial) with BSL hair and I'd been growing out purposefully to get to my lower back... probably less than one hour of lurking and reading and looking at pictures convinced me that Classic was the shortest I wanted! :rollin:

Syren_Curls
April 5th, 2014, 06:43 PM
LOL, this is happening for me too. I've been at tailbone and then trimmed back up to waist on and off for a few years now and I've always only wanted to get to tailbone...

...but now, I'm toying with the idea of classic... and curious about what terminal might be for me... but classic is sounding kind of nice for a dark haired 3a type ;-)

lovehair10
April 5th, 2014, 07:07 PM
Same here, before joining LHC I thought mid back length hair was long and after seeing so many pictures of gorgeous longer hair I want at the very least hip by the end of the year and then some more ... Maybe tbl or ??? Hehe :o

cat11
April 5th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Yep. I came here for tips to get my hair healthy and back to APL. Looking at pictures, I'm now thinking waist or lower mid back as a goal.

Im in the same boat!!! Exept for I wanted it to be healthy waist length. Now I'm doing SMT's, wore my hair up for a month straight (not less religiously but still almost always) and I want classic length. I just think it would look huge and overwhelm me like a curtain with my hair type and all the pics of gorgeous hair with my type have been like carrots held in front of a horse, I just keeping going and going, getting pulled into wanting longer and longer hair... haha.

Allie_snowflake
April 5th, 2014, 09:08 PM
I'm a victim of LHC-itis too. Found this forum by googling henna recipes and got hooked. I didn't even realize how long my hair actually was. All of the beautiful photos you've all posted made me want to keep growing! Even at waist it isn't long enough to do many of the fancy buns so I'm dreaming of at least classic. :)

ScarlettAdelle
April 5th, 2014, 11:05 PM
haha I had a similar experience. When I joined, I wanted tailbone. Once I hit hip, I wanted Classic. As I inched towards Classic, it became clear that nothing short of Fingertip would be suitable. So far, at Classic, Fingertip is still my ultimate goal, but once I get to Fingertip, who knows what I'll want? haha

Jumper
April 5th, 2014, 11:17 PM
Even at waist it isn't long enough to do many of the fancy buns so I'm dreaming of at least classic. :)

This is my biggest problem. I love braids and so people in real life are like "Your hair is so long!" and I'm like "IT'S NOT LONG ENOUGH. I AM GROWING IT OUT!"

Azura
April 6th, 2014, 01:16 AM
I thought my hair would feel long at waist, but I was wrong. I don't really know what length I want at the moment but the more I look around this site, the more hair I want, too. Classic seems like a great length!

Ambystoma
April 6th, 2014, 01:22 AM
Oh yeah, this happened to me too- I joined while regrowing my BSL+ hair back to my usual MBL, then after a week here decided to shoot for waist, and am now maintaining at BCL/Tailbone :laugh:

Jing
April 6th, 2014, 05:42 AM
I remain immune! Muahahaha! My goal has remained waist, and I will reach it in 3-4 months unless I decide to de-scraggle my ends again (damn you, hair dye!). I will however make no promises about what will happen once I get there.

EdG
April 6th, 2014, 08:59 AM
The board has an old joke about being assimilated, a reference to the Borg on Star Trek.

This is just humor. LHC'ers are not at all like the Borg. We have long hair. :lol:
Ed

Quasiquixotic
April 6th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Lies! Lies! It's just hair shaped implants directly attached to the brain. The sneakiness knows no bounds!

Syren_Curls
April 6th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Well, it's now officially happened for me. Lol. I've seen a few more pics on here and gotten a few more inspirational ideas. And now I've decided it's going to be fairytale classic for me. Smh.

:joy::thud:

Irishrain
April 6th, 2014, 03:13 PM
I'm at the awkward stage. 3.5'' away from APL ...I want MBL but waist is looking awesome. . . .

Kaelee
April 6th, 2014, 03:19 PM
LOL Not only that, you'll start spending large amounts of money. RUN AWAY!!!! BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!! :laugh:

ositarosita
April 6th, 2014, 06:06 PM
I started wanting waist, than hip ... only to have my DH suggest BCL or TBL depending ... only to discover that I'm a 3a so now I'm thinking "tbl when curly???" ... which would leave me at about classic when straight lol

see_turtle
April 6th, 2014, 06:08 PM
this seems to be a theme...I wanted "long"(bsl) hair and now I want classic! I want big buns and a braid I can wrap all the way around my head!

Aderyn
April 6th, 2014, 07:58 PM
I thought my hair would feel long at waist, but I was wrong.

In the same boat. My hair has been BSL-Waist for the past decade, though, so that might be a bit different. I remember telling an old high school friend that I wanted to grow my hair long and her response: "But your hair is already crazy long as is!" (was only around BSL then).

LOL Not only that, you'll start spending large amounts of money. RUN AWAY!!!! BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!! :laugh:

Waaay too late for me. :laugh:

Azura
April 6th, 2014, 09:08 PM
[QUOTE=Aderyn;2686340]In the same boat. My hair has been BSL-Waist for the past decade, though, so that might be a bit different. I remember telling an old high school friend that I wanted to grow my hair long and her response: "But your hair is already crazy long as is!" (was only around BSL then).

I think it's funny when people tell me how long my hair is! They're always so shocked when I tell them I'm growing it even longer. My mother is one of those people that seem to think BSL is incredibly long. I wonder what she would say if I told her I'm thinking of growing it to classic (or maybe even longer)! :agape:

GoldenSilk
April 6th, 2014, 10:35 PM
I've resisted for a while and kept with my original goal of tailbone (despite part of my motivation being to get my hair as long as I had it before my big chop, around classic). But I can't believe I'm fantasizing about going for classic after all, despite starting a new job soon and totally not having time to baby my hair... :rolleyes:

Quasiquixotic
May 8th, 2014, 12:47 PM

Oh it's too late. And I can't even wear most of them yet. All in good time precious! All in good time!

And it's been at least a month since I posted this and naturally I want longer hair now. So my new goal is to grow it until I don't like it any more and then trim back to where I do. But that is too long to put in the avatar stats bar... Sigh, it never ends does it? I'm not actually sure I want it to.

Sharysa
May 8th, 2014, 07:58 PM
I have a minor case of this, since I started thinking waist-length waves would be enough, and now I'm fine going to hip.

And just in case, I marked my maximum goal as classic. XD

PrincessPhoebe
May 9th, 2014, 06:39 AM
I also have a minor case of this. My only goal at the start was solid BSL. I well past there already and it still feels short. I am now aiming for waist but starting to suspect that won't feel long either. Definitely sneaky LHC!

vsvisionz
May 9th, 2014, 06:44 AM
My original goal was mid back, but now I want at least hip. I'm guessing I have at least another 2 or 3 years for that depending on how much I trim and who knows what my new goal will be by then.

door72067
May 9th, 2014, 07:27 AM
I went from a goal of virgin waist to virgin tailbone lol