PDA

View Full Version : Sleepy's Second Hairiversary

SleepyTangles
April 1st, 2014, 03:15 AM
(Part I)

Two years ago, in April, I decided to join the LongHairCommunity. My hair was like so:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10056&d=1396343414
As you can see, I was already a faithful henna-head: after a full year of chemical dyes that wrecked my hair and made my scalp almost unbearably itchy and flaky, I switched to the ancient plant dye, ditched cones (a really good choice), and put into a coffin my flat iron.
Due to the embarassing flaky scalp, i started to wear my hair up everyday.
Around Christmas 2011 I just chopped the most damaged bits.
My hair was so shiny and happy! I couldn't believe it. It wasn't just like before the chemical damage, it was actually beautiful! During my teens it looked very poorly, despite the fact I never dyed, straightened or curled it.
I started documenting, and I found LHC. By chance, because I had long lost any hope to have long hair because everyone said that my hair wasn't the "right" type: too fine to grow long and still be healthy. Too scarce to look right.
My shy attempts to let it grow, during my teens, always led me to cut to shoulder due to splits and all the regular damage that occurs with brushes, letting it down, and all the little things almost everyone does. But that brief months of different haircare had showed how different my hair could be with the right care: so why not try again?
Now, in this two years, I made other important changes that gradually improved my hair condition and allowed it to grew longer and longer with few damage at all.
The most important, other than the habit of wearing it up or secured in a braid, is probably self trimming: I really can't think I would have been able to reach waist in two years without having the freedom of trimming how much I wanted when I wanted!

SleepyTangles
April 1st, 2014, 03:19 AM
Fist hairiversary:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3543&d=1364836303
And now...
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10048&d=1396276502
Despite being trimmed regularly it grew, sneaky as usual! I'm now proud to show that fine hair grows like any other kind of hair. And does look good!
Despite the fact that my dear tangly hair splits very easily, its not thin nor scraggly, and reached waist with a really nice hemline, thanks to microtrims and dustings!

I'm excited! The two years here had been wonderful, even though I don't post too often: I wanna thank all of you for having been nice to me, understanding when I was upset and patient when I asked something! I love this good, supporting environment, and I love how this support goes much beyond the simple hair care :heartbeat.
Its fun to be here, and I'm really happy to have found LHC. I really look forward for the "next" year :flower:!
Waist was also my long term goal. Now I'm looking forward to add some long layers. And after the layers, my next goal will be to master a crown braid.
I still don't know exactly what I'll do, but there's no hurry: I want to enjoy my hair. As healthy as I can make it grow.

Of the Fae
April 1st, 2014, 04:11 AM
Wow beautiful! That gives me hope :)
Congratulations on your amazing growth and progress

skyblue
April 1st, 2014, 04:29 AM
Looks beautiful! Congrats!

Sarahlabyrinth
April 1st, 2014, 04:39 AM
Wow, congratulations, Sleepytangles! Your hair has grown so fast and is in such gorgeous condition, you can be proud of it!

embee
April 1st, 2014, 04:48 AM
That looks really good! :)

lapushka
April 1st, 2014, 05:34 AM
Very nice progress! Congratulations!!! :D

Lyv
April 1st, 2014, 06:33 AM
Congratulations, your hair looks great!

schnibbles
April 1st, 2014, 06:45 AM
Absolutely gorgeous hair, Sleepy.

DweamGoiL
April 1st, 2014, 07:52 AM
So happy for you, Sleepy...lovely hair and great progress!!!

Hootenanny
April 1st, 2014, 08:35 AM
Wow, amazing progress! Congrats!!!

Crumpet
April 1st, 2014, 08:51 AM
Lovely hair with a beautiful wave it seems. Congrats!

Leeloo
April 1st, 2014, 09:41 AM
Congratulations!

Leeloo
April 1st, 2014, 09:50 AM
Beautiful hair!

MiaBeth
April 1st, 2014, 10:00 AM
Beautiful! You give me hope -- and now I must go put my hair up!!

MissBubble
April 1st, 2014, 10:22 AM
Great progress and beautiful hair! It gives me hopes, too, about my fine hair.

Stiria
April 1st, 2014, 11:21 AM
Your hair is beautiful:crush: Be proud!

Larki
April 1st, 2014, 11:29 AM
Gorgeous hair!

Quasiquixotic
April 1st, 2014, 11:41 AM
So pretty! Thanks for the encouragement! I hope to be able to post similar progress July 2015 :)

SleepyTangles
April 1st, 2014, 12:31 PM
Thank you everyone for the encouragement! Without you it would have been a boring, hard journey :heart:

Lucky_Lucy
April 1st, 2014, 12:38 PM
Your hair is lovely indeed! I'm happy to hear your hair journey has been enjoyable :D Good luck on mastering the crown braid :)