PDA

View Full Version : Buzz Cut to Shoulder

Soullurre
March 31st, 2014, 09:28 PM
Anyone here, male or female have a buzz cut right now growing to shoulder? I had recently shaved my head on the 22nd of this month. Just trying to find someone who can grow with me. :)

Monkshood
March 31st, 2014, 09:48 PM
3 years too late for me. Good luck!

rachel1031
March 31st, 2014, 10:02 PM
First, you look super cute with the buzz cut. One of my good friends did that last summer (she later told me she didn't do the attachment right on the clipper and got it too short). She wanted it short for easy care for running. She looked sophisticated with the buzz cut and her hair has already grown quite a lot and looks very healthy. But I have no personal experience with this cut. Good luck!

jeanniet
March 31st, 2014, 10:20 PM
I don't think you'll be able to find someone with your hair type growing buzzed to shoulder, which because of the curl will take you longer (so don't get discouraged). You might post in one of the curly threads, though. I wish you the best of luck growing, with one bit of advice: stop shaving your head! It seems you've shaved a few more times since joining LHC, and every time you shave you're just setting yourself back. Don't worry about damage so much, stick to one routine, and let it grow!

Stormynights
March 31st, 2014, 10:56 PM
Buy a nice hair toy for yourself and set some milestones. When you reach a milestone get another hair toy. This will help you stay focused on your goals.

Of the Fae
April 1st, 2014, 04:09 AM
I had a mohawk that was buzzed on the side and am now at chin length :) I'll join ^^ Though I am a bit late then

Soullurre
April 1st, 2014, 09:05 PM
I don't think you'll be able to find someone with your hair type growing buzzed to shoulder, which because of the curl will take you longer (so don't get discouraged). You might post in one of the curly threads, though. I wish you the best of luck growing, with one bit of advice: stop shaving your head! It seems you've shaved a few more times since joining LHC, and every time you shave you're just setting yourself back. Don't worry about damage so much, stick to one routine, and let it grow!

Lol, thanks. I'm learning. My OCD got in the way. OCD is a pain in the butt. And thanks everyone else for responding.

picklepie
April 1st, 2014, 09:41 PM
Four years too late for me-- but I shaved my head off and on for a decade. It's hard when both super-short and super-long hair are awesome, and the in-between lengths are so annoying/unlovely (on me!). I took a four year vow not to cut, and told everyone I knew that that's what I was doing. Sometimes having a little real life accountability makes all the difference. Good luck!

JellyBene
April 2nd, 2014, 10:25 AM
Looks like I'm your girl ;) I currently have a pixie right now but I'm also growing out dreadful bleach (why did I ever let that touch my hair???) and after I cut all the bleach off I'm growing it straight out.

hannabiss
April 2nd, 2014, 10:38 AM
I shaved it all off last july. Personally I know it's hard for me not to re shave. I loved bald! And as others have said extra short looks great on me and so does extra long but everything else looks unflattering. Good luck growing!

RedNymph
April 2nd, 2014, 11:01 AM
I'll grow with you! I buzzed my sides but now I'm in a pixie.

oatmealpie
April 2nd, 2014, 11:56 AM
I did that in college. It probably took 3-4 years to get from a buzz cut to shoulder with trims. Happy growing!

Soullurre
April 7th, 2014, 05:59 PM
-dances- Yay, I have people growing with me. :D I'll keep track of you guys.

cherrybird
April 7th, 2014, 06:46 PM
I'm in too, if you'll have me! I have an undercut I'm growing out, which is currently about 1 - 1/2 inches long. When I was maintaining a shorter cut it looked decent but since my hair has grown out a bit one side just looks too flat.

CurlyCap
April 7th, 2014, 09:52 PM
OP: Considering joining the Super Shorties thread. Lots of people there with hair even shorter than a pixie.