PDA

View Full Version : Share my happiness! Tiny steps including keeping hair covered

CremeTron
March 31st, 2014, 05:40 PM
Slept with a short, silky nightie secured with a hair band on last night and hair was incredibly silky smooth when I woke up. My hair is normally dry and brittle when I wake and so I usually co-wash to moisturise it and get it back to shape.

My hair this am is partly due to LOC. How much I am not sure.

I slept with the nightie on my head and yes I felt a little silly, as I could not find my regular sleep hat and when I did find it again I discovered it is an absorbent material! It has a sheen on the outside so I was wearing it inside out but as it turns out it is very absorbent material even with the sheen!

Can't believe I never noticed before! Have had it for about 8 months now. :rolleyes:

Also I avoided bleaching/ dying and cutting my hair this weekend even though I do it compulsively every 1-2 years. Major step for me as it took immense will power. I have decided once that giddy compulsive feeling disappears to calmly and in my right mind colour a bit of my hair but it is still huge that I did not do what I always do and have done since age 15 and just say to hell with it, go for it!

I also have decided to keep a scarf on my head when home as I do constantly play with my hair mindlessly. It is not enough for it to be up as I pull bits out to twist or I play with my fringe when reading or what have you. So I have decided to wear my "headscarf" (going to treat myself to one but will keep on with nightie till then) when at home for a week or so with a view to extending that until I break the habit of twirling, twisting and playing with my hair.

I just feel I have reached a milestone. I know it is small but I am going in the right direction.

MadeiraD
March 31st, 2014, 05:53 PM
Awesome! That sounds fabulous and resisting the temptation can be brutal

chen bao jun
March 31st, 2014, 05:54 PM
Yay! Glad for you. I wear a silk scarf around the house a lot and always use a satin pillowcase.

Hairitic
March 31st, 2014, 08:33 PM
That's some good work. Congrats! Do get yourself a new sleep cap as soon as you can. WalMart has some for about $2.00 that work pretty well and even last pretty well. :cool: Keep up the good work.

CremeTron
March 31st, 2014, 08:34 PM
Aw thanks guys :D

proo
March 31st, 2014, 08:49 PM
That's my absolute favorite "conditioning" treatment:
comb/preen hair gently and completely,
turban in silky scarf -
it's the silkafyin treatment!

AmyBeth
March 31st, 2014, 09:27 PM
I'm happy for you. It's wonderful to figure out what works!

Of the Fae
April 1st, 2014, 04:36 AM
Great! This gives me inspiration as I have the exact same problem with compulsive dye/bleach/cut experiments.
I am happy for you, good growing :)