PDA

View Full Version : Is this classic?

walterSCAN
March 31st, 2014, 05:24 PM
SIL was in Tennessee this weekend, so my darling MIL indulged my hair-weirdness for me... Have I really reached classic already?

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o87/shecriesatnight/2014clumpy.jpg

This is about 3/4 dry, and I didn't quite get all the conditioner out (been trying CWC lately, and there's not quite enough hot water to rinse my hair three times and wash the baby, so I get unintentional leave-in), so the ends were a little clumpy. My hands/ the bottoms of my pockets are right at the bottom of my butt, so the longest part of my hair is classic length now, right?

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o87/shecriesatnight/2014closer.jpg

This one's after me trying to un-clump the ends, and MIL got closer, but the light isn't quite the same so the very ends are hard to see... I think I might be tipping my head a little forward in this one, too, though I was trying not to.

...so? What do you all think? (Also, whyyyy doesn't this look long to me??? My hair has never been this long before, and it looked long while I was detangling it in the mirror before the photo... yet in the photo, it doesn't look long. It never looks long when I look down at it in front of me, but I'm used to that. Yay, hair dysmorphia!!)

FallingDarkness
March 31st, 2014, 05:29 PM
Oh my goodness your hair is gorgeous. :o *jealous*
I'd say you're at classic! Congratulations! Your hair is simply lovely.

Sarahlabyrinth
March 31st, 2014, 05:31 PM
I think maybe you have another inch to go but you're not far away, lovely hair and hemline too!

Kherome
March 31st, 2014, 05:34 PM
I'd say the middle little bit might be there, but the edges not yet. In a month, solid Classic!

ETA: Be easier to see if you wore a light/white shirt?

Nadine <3
March 31st, 2014, 05:36 PM
I agree maybe another month :) Looks great though!

walterSCAN
March 31st, 2014, 06:45 PM
Hey thanks, guys! :D

You're right, it would be easier to tell with different colors. Unfortunately, we were at my MIL's house and I didn't have anything to change into. (Also, that's my one and only pair of non-saggy-butt pants!)

I did a little fiddling with the brightness and gamma correction on the second image though, and zoomed in, and you can see the ends a little better in this one:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o87/shecriesatnight/2014closest.jpg

I definitely agree, Kherome, that it's just the longest bits; I've got some fairytailing going on. (No trims for ~2 years will do that! :laugh:)

Aingeal
March 31st, 2014, 06:49 PM
Looks beautiful! Another month and it'll be solid!

Yozhik
March 31st, 2014, 07:02 PM
Beautiful! :flowers:

I'd call the tips at classic - congratulations!!! :smooch:

duchess67
March 31st, 2014, 07:05 PM
Beautiful hair. Congratulations!

melusine963
March 31st, 2014, 08:31 PM
I definitely agree, Kherome, that it's just the longest bits; I've got some fairytailing going on. (No trims for ~2 years will do that! :laugh:)

Wow, I wish my hemline were half as good after not trimming for two years. Your hair looks perfect.

Lucky_Lucy
March 31st, 2014, 08:57 PM
Yep, I'd say the tips are at classic! Well done :D Your hair is so lovely, you definitely are an inspiration :3

Micayla47
March 31st, 2014, 09:50 PM
It's hard to say if it's classic, but it's beautiful!!

morrigan*
April 1st, 2014, 04:50 AM
I'd say you're classic, congratulations. Your hair is lovely.

lapushka
April 1st, 2014, 05:32 AM
I guess your longest bits are there, so you could technically call it!!! :D
Well done!

Weewah
April 1st, 2014, 05:34 AM
The tip is at classic so I say yes!

Theobroma
April 1st, 2014, 05:51 AM
Yup, I agree, you can call it.

Your hair is truly thudworthy!

Lyv
April 1st, 2014, 06:31 AM
It looks to me like the tips are right at classic! I'm sure by next month you'll be completely solid! You're hair is really beautiful :)

Lady Mary
April 1st, 2014, 09:34 AM
Very thud worthy, love the color.

butterfly_dream
April 1st, 2014, 09:44 AM
I would say "almost classic". ;)
Beautiful hair, btw.

walterSCAN
April 1st, 2014, 10:35 AM
:o Thanks guys!!! :o I don't know if I'd go as far as thudworthy, but I appreciate the compliments! Since it's just the ends of the middle part, I think I'll go with ~CLSC for now. I think I'm going to do a 3" trim before I hit solid classic... I miss my neat U hemline.

Toffeemonster
April 1st, 2014, 11:27 AM
The longest length is there, from my view. :)

Quasiquixotic
April 1st, 2014, 11:43 AM
I say yes, congrats!

LongHairLesbian
April 1st, 2014, 12:28 PM
Too close not to! Congratulations. :) Looking forward to being where you are in 2-3 years

Quasiquixotic
April 1st, 2014, 12:52 PM
So I keep coming back to your photos, now I think I want classic length hair. Wow!

walterSCAN
April 4th, 2014, 06:09 AM
So I keep coming back to your photos, now I think I want classic length hair. Wow!

Awww, Quasiquixotic, that's awesome!! :o

And thanks again, everyone!!!

Tini'sNewHair
April 4th, 2014, 06:33 AM
Yes classic!!! My hair also did that pointy thing at the end from not trimming in almost two years :) I love this length, I cant wait to reach classic (im only at waist now tho). Your hair looks amazing!!!!!!!!