PDA

View Full Version : One Yr Progress/Length

Barca
September 13th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Now this pic is from before LHC, but I came across a photo of myself from last September. Unfortunately allll that length is going to have to be cut off b/c the relaxed ends are sooo damaged. But before I do, I have to show you guys!

Sept. 2007
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/ExclusiveXa/mira%20soy%20yo/IMAG0187.jpg

March 2008:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/ExclusiveXa/mira%20soy%20yo/080328_224959.jpg

Aug/Sept 2008:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/ExclusiveXa/hairlength8302008.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to cut the relaxed 6 inches of hair off, but while I still have them I figured I should show them.

peachrose
September 14th, 2008, 12:03 AM
Wow, Your hair is so long when stretched out... But smart of you to cut off the ends, it will be muhc healthier and you can start fresh!

minkstole
September 14th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Your hair looks much thicker and more healthy with curls. Very nice! Do you use a texturizer or is it your natural curl?
Love the glasses btw

*BelievingAgain
September 14th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Beautiful! :cheese: Thanks for sharing, and keep on growing! :flower:

Barca
September 14th, 2008, 01:06 AM
In the middle pic, that's the relaxer I'm growing out. in the bottom pic the curl up by my roots are natural. luckily the stylist who relaxed my hair put it in and washed it right out and didn't let it get too straight. I've been transitioning for a yr and my relaxed ends are a 3a/b and my natural hair is 3b/c/4a (combination). The thickness is actually all fluff unfortunately.

And thanks! My glasses are my lifeline...If I ever lose them I'm stranded until someone finds them for me...:(

minkstole
September 14th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Glasses make the face, I say! Finding the right pair really makes a big difference. Who doesn´t want to look like a sexy librarian?

RoseRedDead
September 14th, 2008, 01:59 AM
Congratulations on your progress. It's always amazing seeing someone with such tight curls grow out their hair... !!

Barca
September 14th, 2008, 02:16 AM
Who doesn´t want to look like a sexy librarian?

:D My thoughts exactly! Lol, I've been wearing glasses since I was 5, I'm so used to them, I can't imagine wearing contacts or having laser surgery--even though those two aren't even options for me:eek:

Arctic
September 14th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Your hair has grown so much! Great progress! Are you planning one big chop or going gradually? There is a great article written by Nightshade at the articles section about how to treat damaged hair. She opted for very gradual trims herself.

Good luck!

minkstole
September 14th, 2008, 03:25 AM
:D My thoughts exactly! Lol, I've been wearing glasses since I was 5, I'm so used to them, I can't imagine wearing contacts or having laser surgery--even though those two aren't even options for me:eek:

:) I too have had glasses since forever, though I have worn mostly contacts outside the home for the last 20 years. I have a square/ablong face and have yet to find glasses that do not make me look stern and humourless. Ah, one can dream, no?.

Barca
September 14th, 2008, 03:41 AM
Your hair has grown so much! Great progress! Are you planning one big chop or going gradually? There is a great article written by Nightshade at the articles section about how to treat damaged hair. She opted for very gradual trims herself.

Good luck!

Well my original plan was to not cut it at all. Since my relaxed hair is only a texture or two away from my natural hair texture, I was hoping I'd be able to hold on to it w/o it being obvious...but alas, my ends are soooo thin! I don't have the patience for gradual trims lol. I would find myself cutting off 3 inches at a time jus to get it over with- I'm scissor happy that way, so I try not to touch them at all. Now that its been 12 months I'm just going to cut it off. I'm trying to figure out whether to go to a salon or do it myself. I really don't trust stylists...except the one who relaxed my hair in the first place, and she moved back to the Dominican Republic. The damage I have isn't from her relaxer, it's really my own doing (dye, dye, dye-- she'd smack me if she saw my head today!). I'll definately check out Nightshade's article though! Thanks!

Barca
September 14th, 2008, 03:46 AM
:) I too have had glasses since forever, though I have worn mostly contacts outside the home for the last 20 years. I have a square/ablong face and have yet to find glasses that do not make me look stern and humourless. Ah, one can dream, no?.

For years I wanted contacts! After badgering my Dr. about it one last time in July, I finally resigned myself to never having them. My sight is awful and the shape of my eye is too oblong (my eyes are literally shaped more like an egg or football than a round ball) for contacts to be comfortable or useful, and I have a small scar on my cornea which kind of rules out any surgery unless it is absolutely necessary. So yes, I know all about dreams! :o

girlcat36
September 14th, 2008, 04:40 AM
You are defintely making progress, good for you! I love your natural hair, the straightened look was very severe-looking.

paper
September 14th, 2008, 05:01 AM
Great progress in 1 yr. I love your curly hair, it's beautiful. I'm sure you will be happy to get the damage off though? Good luck!

alligatorbaby23
September 14th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Great growth. MY aren't you the pretty thing too.
Do you still have your septum pierced? It really suits you. Sorry about having to cut that growth, At least now you are caring for your hair. :)

Barca
September 14th, 2008, 11:16 AM
aww shucks, thanks alligatorbaby23 hehe :o. And yup, I still have it pierced. I flip it inside my nose when I go to work, even though I doubt they would care since I can't hide my multiple tattoos lol. I will definitely be happy to get the damage off and embrace my curls. They may not be as easy to handle as straight hair, but they are mine! :) No more chemicals for me! :cheese: The chemicals were as severe on my hair as it looked unfortunately.

Pixidust
September 14th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! Congratulations on the progress :)

Chamomile betty
September 14th, 2008, 12:30 PM
You have made some great progress.
Very pretty hair.