PDA

View Full Version : advice please :-)

huckleberry
March 29th, 2014, 09:17 PM
A little over 2 weeks ago now I went to the hairdresser and trusted her to take me from ombre brown on top with light ends to an ombre blonde... 2 weeks later and my scalp is itchy and a little red in certain spots.

I've ended up with having to get the ends cut off as they were dry and gross. I also ended up at the doctor a few days after as my scalp was still burning. He said I'd had an allergic reaction and prescribed a cream.

Does anyone have any advice on what else I can do??
I'm using a natural shampoo and conditioner, I'm using a leave in oil treatment twice a week and I haven't used my hair dryer or straightener since.

I'm upset and annoyed not to mention feeling stupid and sorry for myself!

turtlelover
March 29th, 2014, 09:20 PM
You might want to research PPD allergies. They can get progressively worse over time and can actually be life threatening.

jeanniet
March 29th, 2014, 11:20 PM
turtlelover is right--you should seriously consider avoiding commercial dyes. Next time the reaction could be severe. For now, I would avoid putting anything unnecessary on your scalp, and just wait for it to calm down. Are you still using the prescription cream? If it's still bothering you in another week, check back with the doctor.

huckleberry
March 30th, 2014, 01:19 AM
Thanks guys. I can tell you I will never be dying my hair ever again.

I stopped using the cream as my scalp got better, today it started itching again like crazy. Maybe the heat? I don't know. I'm going back to the doctor to tomorro.

jeanniet
March 30th, 2014, 02:19 AM
I think that's a good idea. I wouldn't try treating this yourself because you don't want to make it worse.