PDA

View Full Version : Itchy Scalp After Using Cleaning Products

MadeiraD
March 29th, 2014, 08:18 PM
I find that when I use clorox cleanup on my kitchen counters my scalp gets itchy after? Is this psychosomatic or is something worth worrying about going on?

Larki
March 29th, 2014, 08:19 PM
Hm, doesn't Clorox irritate your skin? Maybe you're touching your hair/scalp after using it without thoroughly washing your hands first?

MadeiraD
March 29th, 2014, 08:42 PM
I'm always very careful never to touch my hair or scalp during or after until I've thoroughly washed and moisturized my hands... it always makes me super nervous though

SunlightShines
March 29th, 2014, 10:04 PM
You could try wearing gloves to avoid it absorbing into your skin. Also covering your hair with a scarf to be sure you don't get any airborne particles on your scalp. Hope you find a solution soon!

Anje
March 30th, 2014, 06:59 AM
There's always a possibility that you're having a reaction to it. If I were you, I'd just switch to a different product.

swearnsue
March 30th, 2014, 12:23 PM
I developed a sensitivity to bleach a few years ago. When you spray, the air gets filled with the chemical mist.

jeanniet
March 30th, 2014, 02:07 PM
It seems to me that if you had a sensitivity to it, you'd experience the problem all over your exposed skin, and not just on your scalp. But if you're concerned, switch to something less toxic. I use vinegar on all surfaces--it's actually quite good for disinfecting.

Lydialove
March 30th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Vinegar is great! I throw lemon, lime and orange peels into white vinegar to sit for a week or two - then dump the citrus vinegar into a spray bottle. A drop or two of clove EO is really nice in it too. Good cleaning power as well as disinfecting. Hydrogen peroxide works well on organic type messes. As an added bonus, if you spray a surface with one, wipe and then spray the other on (apparently the order doesn't matter) you get germ killing that's as good as the antibacterial cleansers on the market.