PDA

View Full Version : Red carpet hair!! Help!!

Bagginslover
March 28th, 2014, 02:04 PM
I'm going to the European premiere of Divergent on Sunday, I'll be walking the red carpet, so I need to look good!

Unfortunatly, I'm travelling to London on the coach, on Sunday (and back the sane day!) so I need a 'do I can either wear all day, or convert easily without a mirror/pins, sprays etc ;) my coach also leaves relative early, so I need to be able to not spend an hour on it ;)

help me please!

red-again
March 28th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Can't help with hairstyle butt, wow, have a fab time!!!

Isilme
March 28th, 2014, 03:31 PM
French braid or an edgy sidebun with long fancy sticks.

sumidha
March 28th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Wow that's exciting! :D

So much depends on individual factors... How do you feel about hair spray, for instance. Also, what style is your dress and jewelry? Do you specifically want an up-do, as opposed to wearing your hair down or half up? What hair styles do you already feel comfortable doing/can't do at all?

From what I can see your hair looks very straight and sleek, could you do a french twist? Also half-ups and hairstyles incorporating braids and loose hair are pretty popular right now (Game of Thrones type things) and hard wearing. If you're going for glam and want all your hair up I'd maybe go for a side bun with some bling in it, kind of flamenco dancer style?

Bagginslover
March 29th, 2014, 03:04 AM
Can't help with hairstyle butt, wow, have a fab time!!!
I'm SO excited!! Theo James, Shailene Woodley and Kate Winslet will be there!! EEK!

French braid or an edgy sidebun with long fancy sticks.
I was thinking of a fancy bun, will have to do some serious you-tubing!!

Wow that's exciting! :D

So much depends on individual factors... How do you feel about hair spray, for instance. Also, what style is your dress and jewelry? Do you specifically want an up-do, as opposed to wearing your hair down or half up? What hair styles do you already feel comfortable doing/can't do at all?

From what I can see your hair looks very straight and sleek, could you do a french twist? Also half-ups and hairstyles incorporating braids and loose hair are pretty popular right now (Game of Thrones type things) and hard wearing. If you're going for glam and want all your hair up I'd maybe go for a side bun with some bling in it, kind of flamenco dancer style?

Not worried about anything for this one occasion-its not going to be a regular thing after all ;) I can't do french twists-never could. My hair is too thick, and now its too think, and too long! :( Braids I can do, buns I can do......to youtube!! :D

Thanks all, you've definitely made me think :)

Henna Girl
March 29th, 2014, 04:15 AM
That's great! have fun. Any bun with a cute stick will last all day I guess. There are plenty of ideas on youtube. Good luck :)

DancingQueen
March 29th, 2014, 07:06 AM
You can always do bun-waves, they are definitely red carpet appropriate, and they look good on everyone.

The day before (Saturday?) :
1) Wash your hair as you usually would.
2) Turn your hair upside down, and squeeze execs water out with a cotton t-shirt. Apply some gel - but not too much, you don't want your ends to tangle.
3) Let your hair air dry completely, and comb with a wide tooth comb.

On the day (sunday?) :
4) Wet your hair a bit, and comb it with a white tooth comb. NOT soaking wet, just enough to re-activate the gel.
5) Pin it into a bun (the more twisted and wrapped, the more curly)
6) At night, when you have changed into your outfit, just take down your bun, and you will have the most gorgeous bun-waves.

It is important to use the gel, as it makes the style hold. I use this one from deva curl: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod3960033

FireFromWithin
March 29th, 2014, 07:25 AM
If you wanted to try a French twist you could do one with a loop and a clip. It's elegant and comfy to travel in. I have a tutorial here: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-nyDmSNsR74 perhaps putting a few pretty clips or flowers in to make it fancier?

Lostsoule77
March 29th, 2014, 10:01 AM
I used this style for my wedding. It was easy, classy, & stayed very well all day. If your hair is too long to finish it as she did you can always do what I did. I just did a rose bun on the bottom left hand side. I added some sparkly pins. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ I think it's very red carpet worthy. If you're looking for an updo.

If you wanna see how I finished & dolled it up: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=78280

melusine963
March 29th, 2014, 03:37 PM
If you wanted to try a French twist you could do one with a loop and a clip. It's elegant and comfy to travel in. I have a tutorial here: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-nyDmSNsR74 perhaps putting a few pretty clips or flowers in to make it fancier?

I'm just butting in to say how much I like your video. I've never managed to make a tidy version of that particular style before, but you've inspired me to try again.

Bagginslover
March 31st, 2014, 02:44 AM
Thank you everyone for the ideas :)

In the end, I went for a pouffed front, and damp bunned the length into 3 buns, which I let down right before entering the red carpet :) It looked great all day, and then even better for the event :D

SkyChild
March 31st, 2014, 03:48 AM
Pictures? Is that too much to ask? I'm just being nosey now XD

Bagginslover
March 31st, 2014, 04:28 AM
Sadly, we were rushed along the carpet so quickly (we won the tickets in a competition, and the security people like to get 'unknown' people up and off as fast as possible, in case of risk to the stars I suppose), there was no time for pictures :( A couple of friends were on the barrier though, getting autographs, I'll ask if they took any :)