PDA

View Full Version : fairly dopey question

Neysa
September 13th, 2008, 07:21 PM
I've been looking at all the articles, on this site and others, that I can find dealing with braids for my wedding in August. I'm giving it lots of time because one of my carriage horses should be weaning her foal shortly before then, and I can't use a pregnant horse, or one with a young foal for this. Either way, back on track: I remember once seeing a movie in which a blonde character is walking down some stairs into a group of people, at a formal event, and she has a lattice (for lack of a better term) with her hair. However, I can't remember which movie, exactly, and how it was done. If anyone can help direct me towards that answer, I think that is how I'd like my hair done.

Also, I must plead ignorance in I have no idea what I've classified my hair as, so perhaps an explanation about the top and bottoms of each scale wouldn't go amiss. Thank you all for any help, in advance.

(BTW, I tried that knotted bun, and I failed miserably, however, my fiance did it for me and it looks stunning, and is SO comfy, no pulling or anything! Thank you so much for posting that!)

Hue
September 13th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Welcome, Neysa. :flowers:

I cannot help you with the movie, but an explanation of Fia's hair typing guide (http://homepage.mac.com/annsofie.henriksson/hairtyping/Personal27.html) is linked through the VIT (very important threads) sticky. That link takes you to the text information. You can click on the number/letter combos at the top for visual aids. Hope this helps.

You might get better luck regarding the hair question by posting this in "The Mane Forum," as it is a general hair-related question and more people will read it there. You can ask the moderators to move the thread, if they agree and you prefer.

Kirin
September 13th, 2008, 07:36 PM
I think what you are talking about is a basket weave braid.

lyria
October 20th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Hey there!

I think one of the evil step sisters has that in Ever After. It would be a really beautiful wedding style!