PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have a weird section of their hair that's different from the rest?

TheGoddess
March 25th, 2014, 11:01 AM
All my hair is brown but then theres this streak thats on the under side of my hair and it grows in blondish and very very frizzy/curly, I just find it weird, I wonder why it does that?

ETA:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3717/13408309944_bd9b1ac81c.jpg

renarok
March 25th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Doncha know that is from when you were dropped on your head when you were a baby?:p

TheGoddess
March 25th, 2014, 11:22 AM
har har...

cherrybird
March 25th, 2014, 11:41 AM
All my hair is brown but then theres this streak thats on the under side of my hair and it grows in blondish and very very frizzy/curly, I just find it weird, I wonder why it does that?

Maybe you were hit with ice magic when you were a kid? :P http://the-mystery-case-files.wikia.com/wiki/Anna_(Frozen)

I have patches of wavy hair above my ears, when the rest is pretty curly. If I was generous I would describe it as 2a.

ooglipoo
March 25th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Having a mole on your scalp can cause the hair on/in the mole to grow in different.

JessicaAnn
March 25th, 2014, 12:10 PM
I have a chunk on the right side of my head at the crown that grows in the same color, but it is generally more fine, frizzy and tangly than the rest. I also have blonde patches that grow in right above my temples. They're still a little short from my fringe, but when they get long they can curl into ringlets. Those blonde patches are when all my hair looked like until I was 8 or 9, and then it got darker and more wavy than curly.

ErinLeigh
March 25th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Wow that is wild! It looks cool.

I have pieces on my temples that are finer and curlier but nothing with a color difference like yours. It is very unique.

Skade
March 25th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Wow that is wild! It looks cool.

I have pieces on my temples that are finer and curlier but nothing with a color difference like yours. It is very unique.

I agree. It looks cool and unique. Embrace it :)

Vrindi
March 25th, 2014, 02:13 PM
I have a blond/silver streak that grows from the front of my hairline, just to the right of center. I've had it my whole life, due to a white birthmark on my head. It makes me look like Rogue from X-Men. :) No complaints. I love it, and spit at people who have told me to dye it to match.

Remi
March 25th, 2014, 02:17 PM
The hair on the left side of my head is wavier than the right side. Drives me crazy.

ExpectoPatronum
March 25th, 2014, 02:17 PM
I have one small section of hair, maybe half an inch wide right smack in the middle of my nape that grows out a copper gold color. The rest of my hair naturally is a medium-dark brown. I've dyed my hair so you can't really see it anymore but it looked awesome whenever I put my hair up.

My nape hairs also tend to be very frizzy and much drier than the rest of my hair. No amount of oiling, deep conditioning treatments, or anything has been able to help those hairs.

Ruzovy
March 25th, 2014, 02:41 PM
I have a blond/silver streak that grows from the front of my hairline, just to the right of center. I've had it my whole life, due to a white birthmark on my head. It makes me look like Rogue from X-Men. :) No complaints. I love it, and spit at people who have told me to dye it to match.

I am SO jealous right now 0.0 may I please please PLEASE see a pic? I think that must look so beautiful and cool!!!

Anje
March 25th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Sometimes, I think it can be vitiligo, though I've heard of people developing it where they got whacked in the head before, too.

Whatever it is, it's kinda cool!

Vrindi
March 25th, 2014, 04:01 PM
I am SO jealous right now 0.0 may I please please PLEASE see a pic? I think that must look so beautiful and cool!!!

Yeah I'll try to take a pic. My hair is wet right now, so it won't show much. I'll have to wait until it dries. It shows best when my hair is up.

bunnylake
March 25th, 2014, 05:02 PM
The underside of my hair, at the nape, is very curly. I get one big perfect spiral curl there sometimes. The rest of my hair is only very slightly wavy. I thought it meant I was secretly a curly so I went for two months doing the curly girl method and no change in texture for the rest of my hair. Weird!

melomane
March 25th, 2014, 05:40 PM
My brother has a blonde
streak like like, I've always considered it like a birthmark. It's pretty cool though

Seeshami
March 25th, 2014, 05:53 PM
Sister has some very blonde spots.

Vrindi
March 25th, 2014, 06:08 PM

Here ya go:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/7a29aae1d8972f1fb5db96f987857f7f/tumblr_n30oc40WeB1s6a9xxo1_400.jpg

arcane
March 25th, 2014, 07:08 PM
I have a lighter blonde chunk in my nape hair. It's the largest of a few differently toned sections. There could be moles on my scalp, heaven knows I do have a number of them on my body.

dancingpoet
March 25th, 2014, 08:19 PM
I have a blondish streak on the underside of my hair. It's not very pronounced, but I always thought it was interesting. It's the same texture as the rest of my hair. My mom said that my dad had a similar blond streak on the back of his head- it just happens to be the spot that thinned.

LanaBanana
March 25th, 2014, 08:31 PM
Before I hennaed my hair, the bottom layer of my hair, right above the nape, was golden blond and I had an ash blond streak right above my right temple. The rest of my hair is pretty dark brown. I think of it as a little bit of childhood hanging on, since that's what my hair looked like when I was little. These sections are also very fine and prone to breakage :/

*snip*
I have patches of wavy hair above my ears, when the rest is pretty curly. If I was generous I would describe it as 2a.

Me too, and in the same spot!

OperaPhantom
March 25th, 2014, 08:43 PM
I have red-gold highlights in my hair. When I'm in the sun, they literally shine. It's really odd, since no one in my family has any colour of red hair. That's the only oddness of my hair. Oh, except for one patch of hair that grows a lot slower than the rest. While most of my hair is almost mid-back, this part is chin-length. It's also more frizzy than the rest of my hair. It's really awkward since the patch is on the top layer of my hair. :/

VitaR86
March 25th, 2014, 08:54 PM
My husband has reddish facial hair. It goes all the way up to his side burns. All the rest of his hair (scalp and body) is jet black.

Anje
March 25th, 2014, 10:47 PM
Here ya go:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/7a29aae1d8972f1fb5db96f987857f7f/tumblr_n30oc40WeB1s6a9xxo1_400.jpg
Oh, very cool! I gotta wait for the grays to come in for anything close to that!

TheGoddess
March 25th, 2014, 11:21 PM
I don't like mine! it looks out of place!

ETA:

Here ya go:
Yours looks cool because its thick!

maskedrose
March 26th, 2014, 02:51 PM
I've got a very similar thing going on as the OP - I have a small patch that grows behind my right ear that is that same coarse, frizzy texture, except mine is almost auburn when the rest of my hair is a honey blonde. Very strange. It behaves best with catnip rinses.

molljo
March 26th, 2014, 03:23 PM
I also have what OP has! This is exciting, because I thought my hair was just weird. On both sides, somewhere between my ears and temples are these almost auburn/caramelly streaks, while the rest of my hair is a neutral dark brown. But since they start about an inch from my hairline, no one sees them unless I'm in French or Dutch braids. When I used to dye my hair, these streaks soaked up color and held on for dear life. Even a demi-permanent color lasted forever on those streaks.

LunaLuvsU
March 26th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Thats so rad! Im jealous haha

~Abi~
March 26th, 2014, 05:59 PM
Within the past year I noticed about 2 or 3 pencil-sized blonde streaks on my front hairline. After henna, they're a much more red compared to the rest of my head that stays auburn. They're only really noticeable when I pull my hair straight back, as my deep side part lets them blend in with the rest of the hair.

wantlonghair
March 26th, 2014, 08:40 PM
I have a section of hair that is shorter underneath the rest of my hair. It will just not grow. Very weird and annoying. I don't know what the cause is for this. I'm almost 59 though, maybe age?

Ruzovy
March 30th, 2014, 06:09 AM
Here ya go:

*squeals* That looks so pretty!!! :thud:

Rosetta
March 30th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Ah, I wish I had seen this thread before! As I've been wondering about this - can it be possible to have very light blonde, practically platinum, growing at the temples & sides of head only, as the rest of my hair is naturally dark blonde? The hair in those parts is also much finer than elsewhere.

I do colour my hair, but because of this colour difference it's a bit challenging (especially when I used to henna, as those parts would end up very orange while the rest was fine ;)). As I couldn't believe this would be naturally possible (before I saw this thread), I've just been assuming I've started to go grey :oops: As those are the areas when greying usually begins, isn't it? Even though those areas are not really grey-coloured, but then again often hair called "grey" actually isn't, but white, and these do look quite white. Also some people have commented on it being grey hair, as it looks that way especially compared to my dyed hair :(

Larki
March 30th, 2014, 11:10 AM
My husband has reddish facial hair. It goes all the way up to his side burns. All the rest of his hair (scalp and body) is jet black.
I think it's so weird that some men's facial hair doesn't match the hair on their head! My cousin has brown hair, but a red beard!

CremeTron
March 31st, 2014, 11:45 AM
I like the Rogue look : )

I am actually dying a piece of hair behind my ear white soon as I have said for about 15 years that as soon as I get my first grey hair I would do that. I found one yesterday and it is about 8 inches long so has been hiding for a while!

Anyway to answer question, the hair just above my ears on both sides (about an inch wide) is coarse unlike the rest of my hair and reacts differently to products and colour than the rest of my head. It also squeaks if I run fingers down it when wet- rest of my hair doesn't do that. Lastly it's a slightly lighter colour than the rest of my hair naturally. When I was at school and wore my hair pulled back, I always had these strange looking mid brown stripes at the sides when my hair is black. I side part now so I never sport that look any more, thank goodness.

RubberDucky
March 31st, 2014, 12:45 PM
My hair is ash blonette, but I have a silvery-white streak on the left side of my bangs. Also, most of my hair is very coarse, yet I have a patch of silky fine hair at the nape of my neck that's also almost dark brown.

And... my hair is straight, but I have always had about a percentage of really curly hair mixed in - not in patches, just equally everywhere. That's why my hair will never lay smooth... sigh.

Vrindi
March 31st, 2014, 04:02 PM
Thanks guys! I like my streak. :)

CremeTron
March 31st, 2014, 05:49 PM
My hair is ash blonette, but I have a silvery-white streak on the left side of my bangs. Also, most of my hair is very coarse, yet I have a patch of silky fine hair at the nape of my neck that's also almost dark brown.

And... my hair is straight, but I have always had about a percentage of really curly hair mixed in - not in patches, just equally everywhere. That's why my hair will never lay smooth... sigh.

All I could think is oh poor you. What a pain! The really curly hairs mixed in must be so flummoxing. The silvery-white streak though- beautiful.

RubberDucky
April 2nd, 2014, 12:16 AM
All I could think is oh poor you. What a pain! The really curly hairs mixed in must be so flummoxing. The silvery-white streak though- beautiful.

Thanks :) Yep, I like the streak, but the curlies are annoying - I'd love it if all of my hair was curly, but having this odd mix means my hair is forever poofy. I even tried the curly-girl method for a while, hoping the rest of my hair would follow along, but no dice. Still stick straight with curlies mixed in.

MaryO
April 2nd, 2014, 02:05 AM
I have a spot of hair about 2 cm across on the right side of my crown which is very fuzzy and tangly and rather unpleasant most of the time. I just oil the crap out of it and then it doesn't bother me! :-)

MaryMarx
April 8th, 2014, 02:56 PM
I have a dark streak. It also flakes more than the rest. :( Don't think it would show up on camera though.
Most people probably don't notice it, but I can find it in one second! Hoping it will become even darker with time.

KittyBird
April 8th, 2014, 03:09 PM
I think it's so weird that some men's facial hair doesn't match the hair on their head! My cousin has brown hair, but a red beard!

My brother is blonde and has a red beard. DBF has red hair and red beard, and light blonde, almost invisible, eyebrows and lashes. Weird stuff, but I think it's pretty common to be mismatched :D

Jumper
April 8th, 2014, 03:27 PM
The right side of my head is curlier than the left which makes no sense.