PDA

View Full Version : Right Side Troublemaker

Steffid87
March 24th, 2014, 11:48 PM
BLERG!! My hair does this crazy, crazy thing. No matter what I'm trying to accomplish, my right side ends up a crazy mess. Take a shower, let hair air dry, left side is gorgeous, right side FRIZZ BALL. Try straightening my hair (back when I used heat tools) Right side always went wavy or wonky somehow.

Does anyone else have a side of hair that refuses to cooperate, or even remotely resemble the other half of their head?! [endrant]

Janette17
March 25th, 2014, 12:00 AM
Is it because you sleep predominantly on that side? Could it be damaged from your pillowcase at night? Mine used to often be really knotty/frizzy on one side (and don't get me started on the wrinkles), I am now using a cap and satin pillowcase (plus braiding) which seems to have made it heaps better.

Stormynights
March 25th, 2014, 12:03 AM
Do you carry a bag over your right shoulder?

Steffid87
March 25th, 2014, 01:13 AM
Hmmmmm... I am a right side sleeper! My bag is usually in the crook of my arm, and my hair isn't long enough to reach that yet. I have started braiding my hair of the night time, or at least trying to lift it up out of the way of sleep (as in I pretend to pony it on the top of my head and just lay it up instead of under my face/head/neck). I can see where this might make some trouble. I try not to sleep *on* my hair, so maybe the cap would be less helpful than a satin pillowcase would.

Thanks you guys!

Anje
March 25th, 2014, 06:41 AM
Another thought: do you handle/comb both sides equally? I'm pretty sure I've caught myself overdoing it on the right side, because that's my dominant side.

Steffid87
March 25th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Not that I can think of. I was pretty unhappy yesterday in particular because I did my first SMT, rinsed it out, then decided to not touch and just let the entire head of hair air dry. My left side was nice but my right side was a poufy nightmare. Maybe it's just built up damage due to being a right side sleeper? Either way I need to do something about it. SMT did leave my hair wonderfully smelly and the ends so so soft! Something I'm not really used to.

Kimberly
March 25th, 2014, 12:50 PM
I used to think one side of my hair was uncooperative. That was back when I was treating my hair as if it wasn't curly. Turns out, the problem was my hair forms spirals in the same direction all the way around my head. So that means it would, say, naturally flip toward my face on one side and away on the other, and fighting for symmetry while styling led to one side getting fluffy and crazy and damaged. I see your hair type is similar to mine, so maybe you are having a related issue?

Steffid87
March 25th, 2014, 01:08 PM
That's a possibility. Maybe the damage is lasting longer than showers too. Hmmm. I will try to not touch (other than to bun and protective style) and see if things fix.

Skade
March 25th, 2014, 01:14 PM
I get a lot more tangles and problems with my hair on the right side. Itīs just been like this the past six months, so I hope it wont stay like this forever. I am trying to tackle the problem but I donīt know whats wrong. Feels like I have tried everything now. So yes, I feel you. I have the same problem and it is annoying!