PDA

View Full Version : Damaging or no?

threadOfGold
March 23rd, 2014, 03:14 PM
Hi all, I was rooting through an old box that was under my bed and came across a few of these clips, I was going to get rid of them but I figured they might come in useful for getting my hair out of my face quickly when I'm around the house, but if they're damaging I'm just going to give them away to someone who will benefit from them. I usually use ribbon on my hair anyway.
they look like this
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31sKJL2SOwL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
Hope you're all well! :o

teddygirl
March 23rd, 2014, 03:30 PM
As long as the hinges don't catch in your hair its okay. I've had hair dressers use them on me and have only gotten stuck once or twice.

Madora
March 23rd, 2014, 03:42 PM
Yes, little hairs can get stuck in those hinges! Ouch!

Nadine <3
March 23rd, 2014, 03:45 PM
I would say if you remove them carefully they should be fine.

sarahthegemini
March 23rd, 2014, 03:47 PM
No, just make sure your hair doesn't get caught in the hinges as they might pull when you remove the clips.

Crumpet
March 23rd, 2014, 03:49 PM
I would let these go. As Madora says, they can get caught on your hairs easily. You may be able to avoid that if you're careful, but if you're anything like me, you will have your impatient/rushed moments. I prefer easier hair clips that I know won't hurt my hair, even when I'm rushing.

swearnsue
March 23rd, 2014, 04:30 PM
Don't use them, even if they snag only 20% of the time, that is too much.

If they are strong enough you can use them to keep small bags closed in the kitchen. Bags of baby carrots, etc.

Weewah
March 24th, 2014, 07:43 AM
I have those same clips and like 90% of the time my hair gets caught in them, I never use them anymore.

Madora
March 24th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Don't use them, even if they snag only 20% of the time, that is too much.

If they are strong enough you can use them to keep small bags closed in the kitchen. Bags of baby carrots, etc.

Great idea, swearnsue!