PDA

View Full Version : Help, used the curling iron today and hair is sad :(

hikarilu
March 23rd, 2014, 02:32 PM
I used my curling iron today for the second time of my life (I know it's baaaad but I wanted a change for my récital...:rolleyes:) and now that i have brushed the styling spray on (i had to put a lot and it stayed curled for like an hour lol...at least I won't make the curling mistake again :p ) my hair looks good but FEELS really bad, like straw. I have cony serum (though i'm afraid of build-up since I haven't clarified for a while), aloe vera, catnip, argan and avocado oils and I don't know which one to put on my hair...
What would you advise me to use right now ? What should I do later ? Maybe a mask to rehydrate my hair tomorrow after workout ?
Thank you!

Nadine <3
March 23rd, 2014, 02:34 PM
I would just do a heavy overnight oiling before your next wash. Either the argan or the avocado should work.

FuzzyBlackWaves
March 23rd, 2014, 02:45 PM
Try not to worry too much, it's probably the styling spray making it feel dry. See how it feels when you wash it. I agree that a pre treatment and some clarifying will likely help.

sarahthegemini
March 23rd, 2014, 03:33 PM
I'd just wash your hair and see how it feels once it's dry. It's probably just the styling product making your hair feel dry.

Carolyn
March 23rd, 2014, 04:01 PM
No need to panic. As the others have said it's the styling spray. If it was me, I'd wash my hair ASAP with some gentle and moisturizing. I would get the spray out of your hair right away. You could just rinse your hair to get the spray out and then do an overnight oiling and CO or S & C it out in the morning. Your hair will be fine. I think a lot of us like a heat styled 'do once in a while. It's fun for a special occasion.