PDA

View Full Version : Vitamins for hair growth

Kate199023
March 22nd, 2014, 02:44 AM
Ok so its been about about two to three months since I got my hair cut to shoulder length and I'm haveing a hard time waiting for it to grow . I was wondering is there any Vitamins that anyone has tried for hair growth? I already take Biotin and vitamins E.

jacqueline101
March 22nd, 2014, 07:46 AM
I take msm, flaxseed, multi vitamin, b complex, and others that aren't hair related. I know it's not hair related but others said protein has made theirs grow. You might try protein rich diet.

Long_hair_bear
March 22nd, 2014, 07:55 AM
I find omega 3s are helping me. I take them in the form of fish oil.

Firefox7275
March 22nd, 2014, 09:03 AM
There are a ton of threads on this if you run an advanced search. Healthy hair comes from healthy skin: that needs a balance of all the nutrients not just a select few. You can easily do more harm than good randomly supplementing micronutrients.

ositarosita
March 22nd, 2014, 09:21 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=119947

kganihanova
March 22nd, 2014, 09:39 AM
biotin! ( in appropriate doses though)

AmberlynAsh
March 22nd, 2014, 11:05 AM
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/country-life-maxi-hair-time-release-90-tabs
I started taking these 8 days ago, I measured yesterday & apparently my hair grew 1/2", but I'm not positive because I usually don't measure my hair (just starting to actually) & it could have been because my hair was more wavy & when I measure it yesterday it was more flat & smooth. I am going to measure in 1 month & I will know for sure. With out doing anything I think I have average growth of about 1/2" per month less in the winter & more in summer so it evens out.

wavyhair
March 22nd, 2014, 01:30 PM
your body needs a varied balance of all the essential nutrients or else all the nutrients that grow the hair wont be working at full effectancy so its better to take a multi vitamin with a balance of nutrients as well as biotin supplements and other hair growing nutrients

wavyhair
March 22nd, 2014, 01:44 PM
probiotics helped my hair to grow relay quickly as it helps the body create nutrients and absorb them up 40 percent better i added live culture yogurt and took some probiotic supplements from Holland and Barrett

jeanniet
March 22nd, 2014, 02:43 PM
Eat better.

lapushka
March 22nd, 2014, 05:42 PM
Eat better.

Seconding that!

jeanniet
March 22nd, 2014, 07:37 PM
Seconding that!

It's the condensed version! Saves :horse:

swearnsue
March 23rd, 2014, 06:19 PM
Some supplements can be useful depending on what is missing in your diet. Protein, calcium, vitamin C, vitamin D, selenium, biotin, diatomaceous earth, MSM, vitamin A.

Best foods are fish, broccoli, sweet potatoes, millet, eggs, milk and Brazil nuts.

Mental health foods shouldn't be left out either: pizza, chocolate, ice cream, cheese cake, Nutella, Snickers, Doritos and pecan pie.

Steffid87
March 23rd, 2014, 10:08 PM
If ONLY pizza made my hair grow! My husband won't stop eating the stuff. On the other hand, when I take Biotin my hair grows the first bit, but after a while it subsides. I stopped taking it a while (about a month) and when I started again my hair grew faster. Maybe I was just getting antsy, but it felt like the Biotin kinda slipped off at the end and I had to 'restart' the growing process.

Kate199023
March 23rd, 2014, 11:34 PM
Thanks all. I think I'll get a multi vitamin.

kganihanova
March 24th, 2014, 04:48 AM
Thanks all. I think I'll get a multi vitamin.

Good choice! Works for other purposes too!