PDA

View Full Version : Do you think your hair is pretty?

Stormynights
March 21st, 2014, 10:04 PM
I have been looking at all the pictures of long hair, down, braided, and buns and I think it is absolutely beautiful. I am not unhappy with my color, but I really don't think my hair is pretty at all. I have been getting a few hair toys to dress it up a little bit. I started wondering if anyone else didn't think their hair was pretty.

LauraLongLocks
March 21st, 2014, 10:08 PM
Yes, I think my hair is pretty. I think all hair types and colors are pretty.

MeAndTheMaz
March 21st, 2014, 10:15 PM
I'm going to go with "not so much". I was going to join the length-shot-a-month thread, but every time I take one, it just looks awful. Maybe after a few trims and growing out I'll join in, but for now, I won't scare you all off. :couch:

I have to say that I just got an Equinox trim, and it does feel a little better, so maybe there's hope.

Sarahlabyrinth
March 21st, 2014, 10:37 PM
Yes, I think my hair is pretty. When it is behaving itself. Which is most of the time, sometimes though it turns into the hair monster from the black lagoon and then no-one could call it pretty. Not even it's own mother.

Stormynights
March 21st, 2014, 10:43 PM
Yes, I think my hair is pretty. When it is behaving itself. Which is most of the time, sometimes though it turns into the hair monster from the black lagoon and then no-one could call it pretty. Not even it's own mother.

Maybe that is my problem.

Marbid
March 21st, 2014, 10:55 PM
I think my hair is pretty i. Its natural curl... Bit hard to manage thou...

Sometimes i wish i had straight hair for the ease of managment, and acurate length. But i know i would miss my curls..

Sadly i too dont take many pictures of it since i ussually wear my curls brushed out and bunned..... Le pouf.

But i do love it when its curly.... Color? Meh, plain ol brown... Thinking of henna right now... Maybe sometime in the future for a redish brown ( not much different from my own for a less apparent demarcation line) maybe.

neko_kawaii
March 21st, 2014, 11:00 PM
As long as it is out of my face and off my neck I'm happy with it. The easier it is to do those things, the happier I am.
Pretty? Maybe I don't bother ascribing a value to my hair so I don't have an answer to that one. Sometimes it is more interesting than others! But because I very rarely ask more of it than to be practical I don't struggle to make it do anything, thus it is not misbehaving. If I can't get it to stay comfortably in a bun, it isn't my hairs fault, it the fault of my own skill with it and the tools used to hold it. I like the color of my hair as it suits me, I am satisfied with the texture because I know as much as I admire curls I would have no patience to properly care for them. Is my hair pretty? It is as pretty as any other hair I suppose. Am I happy with it? Yes.

Diamond.Eyes
March 21st, 2014, 11:01 PM
I think my hair is pretty. It is naturally a deep red color and has a natural shine to it. I can't stand the sight of my hair when it needs to be washed, though. It looks flat, dull and feels icky when I go more than 3 days without washing it.

ladylowtide
March 21st, 2014, 11:04 PM
Yes. It has been a long road getting here, but in terms of hair care and growing my self-esteem, but I rather like it now. I used to get frequent hair cuts, and dyed it: white, pink, orange, black, blonde, red, all to make it "prettier." I like it the way it is now.

Lirona
March 21st, 2014, 11:08 PM
I used to want curls and a different color, but I've come to terms with my hair as it is, finally. Now am quite happy with it. Some days are definitely better than others though. I dislike when it's greasy and flat on top, I always wish I had more volume when that happens.

LOL @ "hair monster from the black lagoon!"

SunlightShines
March 21st, 2014, 11:09 PM
Right now it's not what I consider pretty! It's short and the hairdresser kept cutting in more layers every time I went so it didn't grow much in the past year. So, I'm not going to cut it for a while (hopefully for the rest of the year) and am holding out for the possibility of pretty hair in the future!

untangleme
March 21st, 2014, 11:11 PM
Sometimes I look in the mirror and think, "Man, I've got pretty nice hair." Other times (read: RIGHT NOW), when it's all frizzed out and gross, my thoughts about it aren't as positive lol

MadeiraD
March 21st, 2014, 11:29 PM
I think my hair is pretty, not when it's loose right now (as I over oiled it a bit) when when it's in a good mood it's beautiful

Lately I've been feeling a bit insecure about it.

sumidha
March 21st, 2014, 11:49 PM
Yes, I think my hair is pretty most of the time, unless it's seriously misbehaving... I'd say I have pretty good hair self esteem, lol.

DweamGoiL
March 22nd, 2014, 12:21 AM
I think my hair is pretty, but like anything else in life, it can be unpredictable at times.

Danu
March 22nd, 2014, 12:31 AM
@}-`-}-,-'- príobháideach -'-,-{-`-{@

squee
March 22nd, 2014, 01:16 AM
I love my hair 90% of the time, there are some days when I want to go bald....

Jasperine
March 22nd, 2014, 03:18 AM
Most of the time, yes. I love what it does to my look and it makes me feel very feminine. Though, I'd love to red, cascading curls, but erm.. I make the most of what I've got :)

I honestly dont think it's bad to think something about yourself is beautiful and it's ok to take pride in looking after your hair, just like some people do with make-up, clothes, jewellery etc.

pixldust
March 22nd, 2014, 03:33 AM
I wouldn't describe my hair as pretty, at the moment. But I think when all the damage is gone and I've got virgin hair again, I'll then start to think of it as pretty.

Stiria
March 22nd, 2014, 03:44 AM
Yes, I think my hair is pretty. Some days are better than others obviously, but most of the time I am very happy with my hair.

jacqueline101
March 22nd, 2014, 07:41 AM
I don't think mine is that pretty. It needs help to shine, it tangles easy anymore, and I hate how long it takes to dry. Then there is the fact that it's not long enough.

Madora
March 22nd, 2014, 08:06 AM
I think my hair is pretty. It is naturally a deep red color and has a natural shine to it. I can't stand the sight of my hair when it needs to be washed, though. It looks flat, dull and feels icky when I go more than 3 days without washing it.

Gosh, Diamond.Eyes, your hair is more than just "pretty"!!!

tlover
March 22nd, 2014, 08:14 AM
No not at all, and not beautiful either.
I like it (the way it feels and the length) but I'm not pretty

Wosie
March 22nd, 2014, 08:22 AM
Wow, this answer would vary very much depending on my mood and my hair's mood on that particular day. I really like my hair some days, and some days I don't like it at all. I would say I am somewhat happy with it most of the time, but the past few days not at all. My main issue with it is that it's oftentimes too dry and frizzy (yep, I brush my slightly wavy hair, and that's seldom a great idea).

shutterpillar
March 22nd, 2014, 09:17 AM
I think more often than not, my hair looks pretty to me. I love my natural wave and I love how light and floaty my hair is. However, I do not think it looks pretty right before it needs to be washed. It's very flat and stringy, and my waves have mostly fallen out by then causing it to look even flatter. That's when I resort to updos. If I wanted to take the time to wash it everyday I would, but despite it being fine, it takes SO LONG to dry.

I used to hate my hair when I was heat styling it nearly every single day and coloring it with box dye. It was dry, dull looking (hardly any shine), and breaking off at different spots on my head. Not attractive to me at all. I'm so glad I came across this forum and learned that it's alright to let your hair be itself and break free from conventional haircare. :)

kganihanova
March 22nd, 2014, 09:40 AM
heck yes! Since my chop its so thick, split free and nice!

teddygirl
March 22nd, 2014, 12:56 PM
Yes, I think so. Its one of my favourite things (superficially) about myself.

nobeltonya
March 22nd, 2014, 01:49 PM
Visibly, I believe so. But to the touch, not as much.. I have pretty rough, coarse hair and I would love for it to be soft and sleek.. that being said, it looks pretty good to me when I look at it with one mirror into another [to get a straight back view]. But when I look at it from the side in a mirror, it looks weird sometimes.. the ends are too thin for my liking still. It'll take time for it all to reach this length still. :disco:

TheHowlingWolf
March 22nd, 2014, 03:03 PM
No. My hair is really too frizzy for my liking. It has wiry strands that stick out and makes it look like I got electrocuted haha.

Nightshade
March 22nd, 2014, 03:04 PM
Nope.

I think my hair is f**king amazing. :lol:

DarkSunny
March 22nd, 2014, 03:10 PM
I usually like my hair color, and I definitely like the ringlets it can get. That said, my hair seems too fine and dull (in terms of shine) to me when I compare it to almost everyone else, and there's always a couple of differently textured frizzy sections near my nape that mess up the wave/curl definition when the rest of my hair is looking nice.

Lady Mary
March 22nd, 2014, 03:58 PM
Not really. It's very thin and it falls out more than I like it to. I envy the thick braids I see on here but I deal with what I have been dealt.

Stormynights
March 22nd, 2014, 04:38 PM
No. My hair is really too frizzy for my liking. It has wiry strands that stick out and makes it look like I got electrocuted haha.
You have got to be joking. Your hair is gorgeous. I really think all long hair is beautiful and I and some others that have posted here are just being too self critical.

ashke50
March 22nd, 2014, 04:55 PM
I think my hair is pretty, most of the time. More when it is down than up, and especially when it has braid or bun waves.

Weewah
March 22nd, 2014, 06:09 PM
Now that I'm caring for my waves properly, and have accepted my blonette, yes I think my hair is very pretty. If you asked me a few years ago I'd go on a long rant about how frizzy and poofy and poop colored it is though.

molljo
March 22nd, 2014, 06:24 PM
This is a complicated question! I've definitely accepted my hair, and I'm done trying to make it be any curlier or straighter or any other color. I have dark brown temperamental waves that do what they want, when they want, period. I've only received a handful of compliments in my life about it, no matter how long or short it is, not because it's necessarily ugly, but just kind of unremarkable. Hopefully, though, as I continue on my hair journey that will change for the better.

BrendaLoan
March 22nd, 2014, 06:50 PM
I've never really liked my hair, and I used to straighten it a lot because I didn't like the texture. Since I discovered LHC I realized how beautiful hair can be when you take care of it, at any length, type, or color under the sun :). I learnt to accept what I have and to make the best of it. So yes, today I can say I like my hair, and I think it is pretty (except in humid or windy days :justy: haha)

chen bao jun
March 22nd, 2014, 08:51 PM
I have always gotten lots of compliments on my hair (except from hairdressers who want to fix it, usually by straightening), even from random strangers, so I guess I think its pretty because of that. I do tend to think of it as uncontrollable, though and it used to depress me before LHC that it was always--well, all over the place..? And that it took so much time. But now that I'm not forcing it to do what it doesn't want, its a lot less consuming and it feels nice for the first time since i was a kid. I forget who the other person with coarse hair that posted in this thread is, but my advice is, hang in there, LHC methods have made mine feel soft, which I thought was impossible. Also, I am so delighted to be able to use hairtoys for the first time in my life. they always broke on me before. and hairtoys make hair feel pretty.

I did always love the color, which is very black. That's the only thing I've always loved.

Now I jsut wish it would grow faster and actually be long!

Michiru
March 22nd, 2014, 09:31 PM
When I'm having a good hair day. Meaning my ends don't look dry and the top doesn't look oily.

TheHowlingWolf
March 22nd, 2014, 10:35 PM
You have got to be joking. Your hair is gorgeous. I really think all long hair is beautiful and I and some others that have posted here are just being too self critical.

No, I'm not joking lol. My hair is okay, better than it used to be, but I still don't think it's pretty. It's hard to tell in my length pictures because they're far away, but I have tons of fly aways and thick wiry hair that sticks out no matter what. Thank you though!

Steffid87
March 22nd, 2014, 11:15 PM
Most days, not really. I have a lot of damage to make up for, and my hair is nowhere near healthy or shiny enough for me to like it. On occasion, I'll get a day when my wurls are perfect, but those are few and far between.
I'd love to have a redder head of hair, but I'm afraid the henna will take out more curl! So no. Not really happy with it yet.

ErinLeigh
March 22nd, 2014, 11:52 PM
Not right now, but I am hoping to change my answer by this time next year :)

Doreen
March 22nd, 2014, 11:57 PM
I definitely think it's one of my best assets, but I don't know if it's pretty in a conventional way; that is to say, it's close to knee length and I think it freaks people out more than it dazzles them. But if I'm honest, I kind of like that.

Lyv
March 23rd, 2014, 01:09 AM
Right now I don't. I think that it's mainly because I'm growing out a pixie so I don't like the length and I'm also growing out my natural color after coloring it for the last 12ish years so I'm not used to the way it looks at all. Once it gets a little longer I think I'll go back to loving my hair it just seems harder to like it when you have a cut you don't like lol.

Marika
March 23rd, 2014, 04:46 AM
Right now I think it's pretty. It's getting longer again and feels/looks quite thick. Actually thicker than ever but I'm still waiting for a possible postpartum shedding (my baby is almost 5 months). I've been around the block a few times when it comes to growing hair but this is the first time I've been using oils regurlarly. I think it's definitely made a (positive) difference.

When I have a bad hair day, my ends (and even length) look see through and stringy. Somedays I hate my fairytale ends but regular trims are not my thing! :p I trim my own hair using Faye's method when it gets to velcro-stage, maybe once a year or so.

EmmAutumn
March 23rd, 2014, 05:06 AM
Most days - not really. APL is an awkward length (on me) and i'm growing out my layers, so there are lots of damaged/uneven ends in the bottom part of my hair. When it's not freshly washed it looks a bit stringy and dull. But whenever i feel that way i just wear it up and think of it as 'under construction'.

mrs_coffee
March 23rd, 2014, 07:33 AM
I didn't used to and straightened it for years. Now that I've learned to work with it and take care of it properly, I love it.

Stray_mind
March 23rd, 2014, 07:55 AM
On some rare occasions it does look pretty, but it is very damaged at the moment and i don't like the texture aswell, so my answer is NO.

veryhairyfairy
March 23rd, 2014, 09:06 AM
:rollin:

This!

But in all honesty, I love my hair so much (even when it's in beast form)! It's the one aspect of my appearance that I feel fully confident and proud of, and that's mainly because I worked hard to get here (vs something like having a gorgeous bone structure etc).

momschicklets
March 23rd, 2014, 09:18 AM
Not yet....but I think it has the potential to be pretty once it's long! Ask me again in a year :p

kaydana
March 23rd, 2014, 09:21 AM
Yes, I do. I wouldn't be growing it if it was just going to be one more thing to dislike about my appearance.

Stormynights
March 23rd, 2014, 01:19 PM
I think I am stressing getting a new driver's license next month. I always hate the picture until time for another. I hardly ever leave my house, but I am not ready to give up the opportunity.

RainbowBowser
March 23rd, 2014, 02:23 PM
I loved my hair but this winter made it a raggedy disappointment

TheGoddess
March 23rd, 2014, 02:24 PM
i wouldn't grow it out if i didn't think it was pretty i do wish it was thicker though

FuzzyBlackWaves
March 23rd, 2014, 02:43 PM
My hair to me is like that one friend that you're not instantly physically attracted too, but you don't know what you'd do without them, and because of that you think they look quite fetching in some lights at certain angles.

Nadine <3
March 23rd, 2014, 04:19 PM
Yes, I do. I just wish I had more of it.