PDA

View Full Version : Haircuts that you really just dislike on yourself

kganihanova
March 21st, 2014, 06:10 AM
Hi guys the idea is to post haircuts you really dislike on yourself. I'll start. I HATE any type of bob on me.

jacqueline101
March 21st, 2014, 06:28 AM
I hate the chili bowl cut.

shutterpillar
March 21st, 2014, 06:36 AM
I got a shag haircut once and it was the most horrendous thing ever, but that is probably due to my lack of styling knowledge. One of my friends (who is better with styling hair) got a similar cut and it looked great on her.

kganihanova
March 21st, 2014, 06:49 AM
I got a shag haircut once and it was the most horrendous thing ever, but that is probably due to my lack of styling knowledge. One of my friends (who is better with styling hair) got a similar cut and it looked great on her.

I had a shag in middle school too! It uh did not work out well.

Lunearia
March 21st, 2014, 07:11 AM
The "scene kid" -layers I got when I was thirteen. My ends curled like crazy, and the result was simply horrific.

lapushka
March 21st, 2014, 07:34 AM
I looove bobs on me, but they are way too short to style properly and they take a lot of maintenance, which is impossible! I do hate one thing on me, though, and that is a pixie cut. Horrible. Gets greasy so fast (unlike long hair). No thank you.

emilia1992
March 21st, 2014, 07:45 AM
Anything with a fringe - my hair sticks out straight from my forehead and looks like a very surreal baseball cap.

battles
March 21st, 2014, 07:55 AM
All one length bob. My hair is really close to iii, so that's never going to look nice on me.

LadyCelestina
March 21st, 2014, 08:01 AM
I might be in the minority,but there aren't any I didn't like at that time and I don't have pics so I don't know if any of them looked awful...But then again I have never been a "cut" person,always been more into hair dye,so I guess my bright hennaed orange roots and red lengths weren't the best hairstyle.

CRX<3
March 21st, 2014, 08:04 AM
A badly done pixie cut. I got one once, and i thought it would be edgy. But it just looked boring. and felt like a boy. Later i discovered that pixie cuts demands makeup!! XD

kganihanova
March 21st, 2014, 08:14 AM
A badly done pixie cut. I got one once, and i thought it would be edgy. But it just looked boring. and felt like a boy. Later i discovered that pixie cuts demands makeup!! XD

Really?? I eventually want a pixie for the simplicity...I'll have to rethink that.....

eplascak
March 21st, 2014, 09:02 AM
Medium length shaggy layers with bangs. I really wanted a rockstar haircut and it really ended up being just unflattering and not stylish. I was a bartender at the time and was required to wear my hair up, but the shortest layers wouldn't go in a ponytail and I ended up looking ridiculous every time I was at work.

patienceneeded
March 21st, 2014, 09:05 AM
I had a shag once, but it ended up looking very mullet-y. Not too pretty.

In general I dislike the "scene" or "emo" hair. My students over the last few years seemed to all sport that look. This year the trend seems to have begun its phase-out among the 12-14 year olds.

Robot Ninja
March 21st, 2014, 09:49 AM
Bangs. They never behave, they go from "this is a nice length" to "in my eyes" seemingly overnight, and growing them out is a huge pain.

Blunt hems because of triangle head.

kganihanova
March 21st, 2014, 10:36 AM
I cannot stand layers in my hair. I'm on the thicker side of ii and I need all the thickness help I can get or i go to i/ii

lindsayhv
March 21st, 2014, 11:07 AM
shoulder length with bangs. Horrible.(on me)

Marbid
March 21st, 2014, 11:38 AM
Short hair, shoulder length, curls madly and turns triangly.... Bangs... Look super cute on me, so i always get them and then regret them after i wash them because i remember that i am too lazy to iron them daily.... And it all goes downhill from there because they curl and go above my forehead and just".......no..... But really cute if i would straighten them..... But i don't.... And i always forget that,..... I let them grow..... Then miss how it looked straightened.... Tell myself that this time i can keep up with the upkeep.... And a week later I'm like... Clipping them back cuz i don't feel like dealing with it, and thus the months pass because i will never feel like dealing with bangs...

I should just learn my lesson.....

I also despise pixies.. Needles to say, curly hair does not do the pixie very well.... Plus, i still hate pixie, so unfeminine in my eyes.

MadeiraD
March 21st, 2014, 11:41 AM
I had a hairdresser give me a mushroom/dorothy hamill hybrid cut when I asked for a pixie. It was not a good look

Agnes Hannah
March 21st, 2014, 12:52 PM
pixie on me eeeuckkkk. Made me feel like an old woman! gone now though, its growing really nicely yay!

jeanniet
March 21st, 2014, 01:31 PM
Definitely pixies. You just have to have the right face for it, and I don't. And bangs. While they don't necessarily look bad on me, I just cannot stand the feeling of something hanging over my forehead. Yet I still contemplate getting them all the time!

ladylowtide
March 21st, 2014, 01:40 PM
Apl layered cut. Just looks really bad on me. On others... I think super masculine hair cuts aren't my fav.

Unzadi
March 21st, 2014, 05:27 PM
Chin or ear length bob with straight across bangs. Not a good look. Maybe layers or different bangs might have made a difference, but I'm not about to find out. Though if I ever had to do a major cut, my first choice would be slightly above shoulders with face framing layers, and I do flirt with the idea of bangs frequently.

spidermom
March 21st, 2014, 05:54 PM
It was awful on me, but I really dislike the bob on almost everybody, although there are a few exceptions. I didn't even ask for mine. I was slowly evening up layers and the stylist (a different one than usual) decided to even up the last few layers in one cut - a mid-neck length bob. Ewwwwwwwwwwww! I went for a pixie the next week, although I wish I hadn't. I could have pulled the sides up and back. Live and learn.

Blunt cut goes pyramid on me until my hair gets to the bottom ranges of BSL. Then the weight makes it lay better.

teela1978
March 21st, 2014, 07:36 PM
Bangs (fringe) in general. It looks great on others, but every time I have them I end up hating them.

ravenreed
March 21st, 2014, 08:55 PM
Anything that is all one length.

molljo
March 22nd, 2014, 12:51 AM
Haha, I'm in the minority here! I looked great with a pixie and a bob, and I look awful with a blunt hem and no bangs.

Jonquil
March 22nd, 2014, 12:58 AM
The bowl cut I had as a little girl definitely didn't look good. For the longest time I doubted that I was a girl because of it. :(

Other than that, not having any layers in my shoulder length hair was pretty terrible. The ends got all poofy and I looked like a poodle!

ladyfey
March 22nd, 2014, 04:23 AM
anything that adds height. I already have a long face, I do not need height on top!

rapunzelna
March 22nd, 2014, 06:56 AM
Dating myself here, but the Vidal Sassoon razor cut, straight across angled down at the jaw line, shaved in back. My god, I looked like I was wearing a football helmet. Honestly, most of the cuts I see of the shaved neck and longer in front reminds me of that. Not a huge fan.

Verdandi
March 22nd, 2014, 08:33 AM
Anything one length, had it as a child and in Junior High and I look well... rectangular. Not flattering at all. I need bangs, face framing layers or regular layers.

blue_eyes
March 22nd, 2014, 09:55 AM
Blunt bangs straight across the forehead! Good lord were they awful. My mom had been having my hair cut this way since I was a little kid until I finally took matters into my own hands when I turned 13. My hair is very thin and straight...my bands always clumped together in chunks and looked greasy. They also did not suit the shape of my face. I have no idea what my mom was thinking. I can't even stand looking at photos of myself as a kid.

Ocelan
March 23rd, 2014, 01:13 AM
Anything shorter than APL blunt cut or anything longer with lots of layers. The first option makes me look like I have a helmet on and the latter that looks like the layered part is from a big rodent's back. I am trying to grow the rest of my rat out...

Rosetta
March 23rd, 2014, 08:17 AM
Most of them ;) I just prefer my hair long & free... But to be a bit more more precise, anything shorter than BSL, and fringe/bangs.

But then again I have never been a "cut" person,always been more into hair dye
Me too ;)

queenovnight
March 23rd, 2014, 09:00 AM
Shoulder length cut with layers. Looks awful on me. I was once compared to a boy too.. so yeah. Not a good look.

nobeltonya
March 23rd, 2014, 01:11 PM
Bobs, or shoulder to APL length or so.. I can generally pull off a pixie, now that I am much more feminine [tomboy]. Although I haven't had it THAT short since before high school.. and I am loving my current length. :disco:

chen bao jun
March 23rd, 2014, 06:31 PM
I do not like any hairstyle on myself, I just like my hair all one length and growing the way it naturally does. I don't even care if its exactly even, since I have curls and you really can't tell if the hair is slightly different lengths. I have never had a 'hairstyle' that I didn't absolutely hate even when others said it was attractive.

cathair
March 23rd, 2014, 06:41 PM
Anything above APL because it makes puffy triangle hair shudder: I also hate fringes, especially ones that have so much hair pulled forward they start from the middle of your head or even further back. Why do people do that to kids? *more shudder:*

Idjit
March 23rd, 2014, 07:42 PM
Straight across bangs look AWFUL on me. Side swept on the other hand are super cute!

seamstress
March 23rd, 2014, 08:08 PM
@blue_eyes: I had the same! It looked terrible. Thank goodness I decided to grow them out before my hair turned curly in 5th/6th grade. Unfortunately, after that, I decided to give myself side bangs, and that did not work. The curl stuck out to the side of my head away from the rest of them

Steffid87
March 23rd, 2014, 08:29 PM
I'm a bigger girl, and any hair length chin or shorter just makes me look about as round as I am tall! That and the hair takes SO MUCH maintenance and styling to look good, and just too darn short to put in a ponytail or bun! I DO like the way layers look, but don't like that they make my buns all poofy and stuff.

FuzzyBlackWaves
March 23rd, 2014, 08:57 PM
Anything short. I have a very young, slightly androgynous face and short hair easily tips me into the teenage boy category.

me_random
March 23rd, 2014, 08:57 PM
I do not like the male haircuts , for years i had to have them (was a kid and didn't have a choice, when it would get reasonably long (~nose length) they'd take me to the barber and bzzzzz :( ) then as it was growing out i hated the "big fluffy ball" stage (type 2b hair + humidity + hot weather - length = POOF! :D)

VJG
March 23rd, 2014, 08:58 PM
Shoulder length. Hate, hate, hate.

MaryO
March 24th, 2014, 05:50 AM
A pixie! And I have had quite a couple and they just never looked right. (Seem to have hairstyle amnesia! ;-) My hair goes so flat it looks like I have no hair and I dislike styling products so.... Will NEVER be doing that again!

ErinLeigh
March 24th, 2014, 06:34 AM
I dislike the chin length bob with blunt short bangs.
I never had it personally, but I find only a few can truly pull it off.

On me? Short layers plus bangs. Gives me a mullet look.
The worst had to be when I was in high school. Back then the style was to hairspray your bangs into a giant wall of a poof. I cringe when I think about the morning spent trying to spray and blow dry those bangs up. Everyone had that look and it looked good on no one in hindsight.

veryhairyfairy
March 25th, 2014, 08:06 AM
When it's shorter than BSL, I get a weird block of hair that just doesn't look good. I've never had a professional cut, so maybe shaping and layers would have made all of my terrible chin-length bobs, triangular shoulder-length bobs, and weird rectangle APL+ hair look nice. :shrug:

The one exception I (accidentally) found is that I look pretty good in an all-one-length 3/4"-1" pixie. Like others have said, it did require makeup and jewelry, but I was surprised that it flattered my round baby face so well.

Auburndreaming
March 25th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Anything shoulder length or shorter on me, just makes my round face look even rounder and doesn't do me any favours! At least I'm past that stage now :)

JessicaAnn
March 25th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Anything with layers shorter than my ears. My hair is too thick and the waves too big for that to ever look good. I don't understand why anyone would ever do that to my hair. I prefer some layering to help with the bulk, but I don't like choppy layers or layers that are too far apart.

I've actually had a chin length bob before and it looked pretty good and stayed looking good as it grew (kept it between my shoulders and chin for 1-2 years), but getting past that just longer than shoulder stage was rough. I also wound up with the Carol Brady flip/not quite a mullet thing for a few weeks as I continue to grow out the big chop from October. I will say that is a look I never care to go back to again.

Skips
March 25th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Pretty much the same as everybody else - anything with a fringe and short layers makes for a mix of pure no on me. The fringe would probably make my skin break out and the shortness would make it diabolically frizzy! Plus I wouldn't even be able to put it up! Yuck, yuck, yuck. I'm not going to ever cut my hair that length again, that's for sure!

Of the Fae
March 25th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Fringe looks okay on me, what I really hated hated hated was the awkward phased shag. Awful dreadful just ugh.
I like pixie, I like a bob, I like shoulder, I hate the awkwardness in between. Also the length between chin and shoulder,, it just itches XD

lostchyld
March 29th, 2014, 06:10 AM
Haha, I'm in the minority here! I looked eat with a pixie and a bob, and I look awful with a blunt hem and no bangs.

I'm with you. If I didn't like my braids so much I'd go back to the pixie. I'm in the Super minority because styling was optional with my bobs and pixie. Sure, the Bob looked better styled, but I liked it unstyled to.

Blunt hemlines, especially above BSL look really bad on me. I end up with hair that looks bigger than me. I end up looking waif like.

embee
March 29th, 2014, 06:36 AM
Years ago when I was pregnant with my second child I had my hair cut short and permed (for "convenience", ha, what a joke). It was, without a doubt, an "old lady" style. It was *HIDEOUS* and I could hardly wait for it to grow out. Yikes. Every time I saw myself in a mirror I just cringed. :( Horrible. I have a couple snapshots from that time and ... probably should burn them. ;) I'm not beautiful ever, but dang, those are *bad*>

lectraplayer
March 29th, 2014, 07:05 AM
I'm a dude so I can probably contribute this:

1) I HATE pixies. To me the hairstyle just looks dead wrong. Instead I gravitate toward long flowing hair with less/no makeup.

2) ON MEN: #2 shaves, which leave a sandpaper-like stubble is also on my hit list. See above. Can we please have a couple inches of hair to be stylin'? Otherwise shaving smooth would be an improvement.

3)MEN: the unmaintained "caveman" look. Bed Head falls into this category, and I am not a fan of it. My hair does this when I wear it down. I think hair should flow from the face without competing with it or looking like Medusa's snakes.

0xalis
March 29th, 2014, 06:14 PM
I abhor pixies on me that have short bangs/ side burns. Not flattering at all. If I go super-short, I need "anime" hair! (Longer fringe, short pixie-type layers in back)
I also really hate blunt fringes on me. I had one for a while and loved it... but looking back... it's not very attractive on me.

grimsqueaker
March 29th, 2014, 06:52 PM
Pixie cuts, or anything with bangs. Heck, anything shorter than about APL just plain looks bad on me. Curly iii hair - length = NO!