PDA

View Full Version : My "story", and my endeavors...

Danu
March 20th, 2014, 11:18 PM
@}-`-}-,-'- príobháideach -'-,-{-`-{@

FireFromWithin
March 21st, 2014, 02:19 AM
Get a pair of decent hairdressing scissors to s and d (cut of any split ends you find) and try out as many hairstyles as possible since if you're going to grow long hair you should have some fun with it!

Hypnotica
March 21st, 2014, 02:49 AM
Yellow is a poor choice for text as it is pretty unreadable.

And stay out of the hair toy threads if you don't want to be enabled :)

lapushka
March 21st, 2014, 04:25 AM
We double condition after a wash as well, because I *have* to use the harsher cleansers for the scalp (Seborrheic Dermatitis) and so it is mainly to make my wavy hair look somewhat presentable. After that we use the LOC method for styling (leave-in, oil, styling cream). Try and look into that (there's a thread on it here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118167)

Try and brush more gently. I'd get a Tangle Teezer for that, you can't be too brutal with that tool and it is magic. A wide-tooth comb first is a necessity, though.

Tini'sNewHair
March 21st, 2014, 04:31 AM
It depends on your hair, my hair likes simple stuff so I wash with cones free shampoo and contioner once every 4 days and if there no special occasions i put my hair up in a bun with sticks or braids - I like to trim to keep my ends in shape now so I dont even need the coconut oil anymore. Sounds like you are on the right track already :) You can self trim using Feyes method by the way.

Isilme
March 21st, 2014, 04:41 AM
Gentle treatment, don't let if get stuck anywhere or rub between your back and the back of a chair. And don't let little people walk on it! :) There is a saying that hair should be treated like antique lace. Watch out for anything that snags or is sharp.
Don't let damage get out of control, damage breeds damage. Get sharp hairscissors and S&D or trim a little now and then. Or both.
Detangle gently from the ends and work your way up.

Madora
March 21st, 2014, 08:08 AM
If you do nothing else, detangle your hair every day (working in small sections, from the tips and gradually up to the scalp). I also believe in daily brushing with a pure boar bristle brush (no plastic, no nylon). And definitely, "less is MORE" when it comes to putting stuff of any sort on your hair. Happy growing!

spidermom
March 21st, 2014, 08:47 AM
Please don't use fonts that are light in color, it's hel on aging eyes. As for your hair, less is more. Put it up or braid or both pretty much every day (but it's your hair, leave it down when you want to enjoy it).

Crumpet
March 21st, 2014, 08:59 AM
Welcome to the LHC! There are lots of lovely people here -- I won't echo any more of their previous advice, but will add to their welcoming of you!

Danu
March 22nd, 2014, 12:51 AM

Danu
March 22nd, 2014, 12:54 AM

lapushka
March 22nd, 2014, 07:47 AM
I have another question...

Drying? I wring my hair out (literally, like laundry), wrap it in a towel for a little bit. Then towel dry it (roughly, I admit), and tthen let it air-dry. Brush it later.

Now I've read that the towel-drying is a no-no.

How do you do it? My hair holds a lot of water, and drips for ages. a minimum of three hours to dry my hair, but sometimes longer. and if I go to bed, it's still quite damp in the morning.

Towel drying isn't bad, especially if your hair is in the 1s (zero chance for frizz). Wringing your hair out like laundry, however, is not something to do. Squeegee it out next time. Then wrap in a towel and leave it in for about 15 to 20 minutes. When it comes out it should be damp, and you can start to style it.

SereneCurls
March 22nd, 2014, 12:17 PM
You mention adjusting to wearing your hair up. I've been working on that the past couple of weeks as well, I have fibromyalgia and adding to my neck pain is not a good idea. Might I suggest looking up the crown braid? I've had my hair in one all day, it's secure, and I can hardly tell it's there.

Danu
March 22nd, 2014, 10:01 PM

SereneCurls
March 23rd, 2014, 05:41 AM
Thank you, I'll have to give that a try. I think maybe subconsciously I lean my head forward slightly so my updo doesn't touch the back of my neck and get messed up. A scarf might feel more secure and encourage proper posture?

Danu
March 23rd, 2014, 07:19 PM