PDA

View Full Version : New Fine Blonde Hair member!

Beth K
March 20th, 2014, 07:14 PM
I am new to the forum but already love all the great info! Here's where I am at...very fine blonde hair. Growing out some damage from styling and coloring. I used to have waist length gorgeous natural blonde hair in my 20's. I am 33 and hoping that I can get that back before I turn 35. I've been using baking soda/vinegar washes only and coconut oil once a week. trying to go the entire year with no trims. So far the breakage is minimal so we shall see!! Nice to meet all of you!!

ladylowtide
March 20th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Congrats on joining! I think you'll be surprised how the time flies as move towards your hair goals. Not a blonde myself, but have seen a lot of folks on this board with fine and blonde hair saying that gentle handling has helped their hair. That being said everyone's hair reacts differently to different things, and someone who looks like your hair twin might have the best success with a completely different routine. Don't be afraid to experiment on your journey to your ideal hair, whatever that means to you! :) Remember there is no absolute right way, or hair rules set in stone, because no one knows your hair better than you. Good luck!

Beth K
March 20th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome! Your hair is enviable! I've never had my hair longer than waist length. Do you do regular trims to keep blunt ends? Is it better to just not trim at all?

Larki
March 20th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Hello, almost-hair-twin! :)

Beth K
March 20th, 2014, 09:37 PM
Hello, almost-hair-twin! :)

Wow! We do have such a similar color and length! My wave is "bun" induced...normally my hair is pin straight! Nice to meet you! How do you keep your fine hair so damage free?

Larki
March 20th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Wow! We do have such a similar color and length! My wave is "bun" induced...normally my hair is pin straight! Nice to meet you! How do you keep your fine hair so damage free?
Nice to meet you as well!

It's actually not quite as smooth as it looks in the picture, I have trichotillomania (compulsive hair-pulling) and so I have a ton of new growth in various lengths and stages, from an inch shorter than the rest to only an inch or so in length. It looks a lot like damage or frizz in person, but doesn't show up much in pictures, fortunately. But I don't straighten or blow-dry and I'm gentle with it. I braid it at night, brush it minimally, use leave-in conditioner, and only shampoo the length instead of the whole head of hair, if that helps! :)

PraiseCheeses
March 20th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Hi Beth K! Another very-fine blonde here! :waving: Your hair's color and shine is beautiful! You say you are growing out coloring damage; is that the dye or is that natural?

I did the baking soda/acid rinse routine for about two years; a lot of members have had experiences with it being very drying but it worked for me for a very long time as long as I used very very dilute BS solutions (like 1/4 tsp to 8 oz water) and used a conditioner between the wash and the final acid rinse. The conditioner will help moisturize your hair while the cuticles are open from the BS, and then the final acid rinse closes them back down. Coconut oil is the best thing that ever happened to my hair. :) (Well, aside from learning to use sticks...)

Handle your hair gently, especially when wet, keep it up with hair-safe items, give it what it wants.... and enjoy your growth journey. Welcome to LHC! :flower:

Lirona
March 20th, 2014, 10:25 PM
I am also blond and fine-haired (though my siggy pic seems to have a mysterious reddish cast). And my hair doesn't have a single wave to its name either. Welcome! :waving: