PDA

View Full Version : Getting a cut today

ErinLeigh
March 20th, 2014, 06:08 AM
Well its march 20 and the lunar calendar says today is the day.
I have an appointment with a new stylist. I have no idea what I am going to do. Either microtrim or cut to shoulder to get hair closer to one length. I am nervous. I have not used a different stylist in 2 years.

My appointment is in 1.5 hours and I am so scared I could not sleep. I have been awake for hours.
Please send positive hair energy!

result moved to top for convenience.
http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af244/coconutcraze/Mobile%20Uploads/27ab20ae-c742-46ef-be03-381794e3f9ed_zps0da48fe1.jpg (http://s1012.photobucket.com/user/coconutcraze/media/Mobile%20Uploads/27ab20ae-c742-46ef-be03-381794e3f9ed_zps0da48fe1.jpg.html)

LauraLongLocks
March 20th, 2014, 06:10 AM
Good luck. Hope you are thrilled with what you get, but you need to be sure of what you want so that you can tell your stylist. If you don't know and can't tell your stylist what to do for you, then your chances of getting something that you hate are much higher.

Selkie-
March 20th, 2014, 06:36 AM
Good luck! :)

Lyv
March 20th, 2014, 06:43 AM
Good luck! I'm getting mine cut today too! I have no idea what to tell my stylist what to do either since my hair is so short that my options are limited lol. I'm sure your hair will turn out great! You could always have her do a microtrim first so you can see whether she's going to be a good fit for you before deciding to have her cut it closer to one length.

Weewah
March 20th, 2014, 07:02 AM
Ohh good luck! Make it very clear you want to grow the layers out and not to cut the layers

Henna Girl
March 20th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Good luck ;)

ErinLeigh
March 20th, 2014, 07:36 AM
Ah! In the parking lot. I do need to decide quickly.
Shoulder or trim. Eek.

I want these layers gone so good advice to make sure they know not to cut those.
I'm a nervous wreck.

Lyv good luck. Please post back how your appt went.
Laura you are right but I am here and still don't know what I want. I brought pictures of 2 options ( my own hair so there is no confusion but I don't know which to pick :/ )
I will update when I get out..and of course before and after photos whether its bad or good.

kganihanova
March 20th, 2014, 08:14 AM
I hope you get what you want :) I love a fresh trim or cut!

Auburndreaming
March 20th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Good luck, I hope it all goes well for you :)

Wosie
March 20th, 2014, 09:05 AM
I hope everything went just swell! I know you've been having a hard time deciding what to do with the layers... (I feel you, sis.) :flower:

sarahthegemini
March 20th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Hope it goes well Erin and you end up happy with the result!

lapushka
March 20th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Did it happen yet? How'd it go? :)

divinedobbie
March 20th, 2014, 10:38 AM
I think it's too late to wish you luck on the haircut now but I'm sitting impatiently to hear about what you decided and see some photos.

alishaxmarie
March 20th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Good luck to everyone getting trims today! Spring is all about rebirth and fresh starts, and what better way to celebrate the rebirth of Mother Nature than to have fresh ends? :) Happy first day of Spring everybody! :blossom:

momschicklets
March 20th, 2014, 11:36 AM
We're all dying to know how the haircut went! Okay....maybe that's an over reaction....but for real, how did it go?? ;)

Wildcat Diva
March 20th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Pix, pix!!!

ooglipoo
March 20th, 2014, 11:50 AM
:popcorn: I hope all goes well! :redgrin:

joflakes
March 20th, 2014, 11:52 AM
I hope it went well!

Aingeal
March 20th, 2014, 11:56 AM
How'd it go?????? Can't wait to see! HOping you're out celebrating!

LauraLongLocks
March 20th, 2014, 12:12 PM
You are holding us all in suspense! What did you decide, and did you get what you wanted?

swearnsue
March 20th, 2014, 12:45 PM
I think I can explain the suspense. Her hair probably turned out so great she is out having a lunch in a fancy restaurant to celebrate and handsome men keep interrupting her asking for her phone number!

abauer789
March 20th, 2014, 12:51 PM
I think I can explain the suspense. Her hair probably turned out so great she is out having a lunch in a fancy restaurant to celebrate and handsome men keep interrupting her asking for her phone number!

I am loving this explanation! It is really hard to wait to hear the results! I hope she posted pics!! :ponder:

Nebulae
March 20th, 2014, 01:26 PM

Love this, I hope this is what happened! :lol:

Even if handsome men didn't flock around you, I hope your appointment went well and that your new stylist rocks! :flower:

thankyousir74
March 20th, 2014, 02:53 PM
I also hope this went well for you you and all others who will cut their hair today. Congratulations on a fresh start!

LauraLongLocks
March 20th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Still nothing??? That must be one very awesome lunch... maybe it turned into a dinner date!

swearnsue
March 20th, 2014, 06:43 PM
Now she's maybe drinking champagne at a hair model convention and they are all trying to get her to sign a multimillion dollar hair modeling contract! I can almost hear them now laughing about which is reflecting the most candlelight, the champagne or her hair!!!!

BrendaLoan
March 20th, 2014, 06:52 PM
Now she's maybe drinking champagne at a hair model convention and they are all trying to get her to sign a multimillion dollar hair modeling contract! I can almost hear them now laughing about which is reflecting the most candlelight, the champagne or her hair!!!! Isn't it amazing what a new haircut can do?!:bottomsup:

LauraLongLocks
March 20th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Erin, where are you? I'm going to try her on FB.

BambooBeauty
March 20th, 2014, 09:06 PM
I'm very excited to see how your hair turned out. I feel like our hair is kinda the same because I got highlights for a very long time like you and I am now trying to grow them out. Also we both got haircuts at almost the same time and got layers we hated lol. I have also been thinking about cutting to shoulder. Hope everything tuned out well!!

Wildcat Diva
March 20th, 2014, 09:43 PM
Now something must be keeping her attention from this thread... Maybe the haircut really did lead to something fantastic.

LauraLongLocks
March 20th, 2014, 09:48 PM
She hasn't responded on FB, either. Gosh, I hope she's okay. Erin?

Wildcat Diva
March 20th, 2014, 10:36 PM
Maybe in a thrall of lovely haircut induced bliss, she hopped a plane and took a spontaneous vacation to some tropical place. She is probably in a conga line sipping on a fizzy, colorful umbrella topped beverage right now.

Tini'sNewHair
March 21st, 2014, 12:16 AM
Also waiting to see how you did - I hope all is well.

Sarahlabyrinth
March 21st, 2014, 12:19 AM
I'm hoping all went well too.

Lyv
March 21st, 2014, 12:35 AM
I was just popping in to see how it went since we were cutting on the same day but I see there hasn't been an update. My stylist did a good job and got rid of my baby mullet and hoping you got what you wanted too!

ErinLeigh
March 21st, 2014, 12:48 AM
I am so sorry. GOt the cut, food poisioning (or food allergy maybe?) went to work, got so sick I fled home and here I am sipping honey tea.
I cut to shoulder to even the layers. The shortest layers are nape, below ear, the longest (hemline( is right to shoulder)

Strangely I feel ok. I feel like it is going to grow out a lot better and now the stress can be focused on real life issues. Half of me is happy, half of me regrets it. I think that is a normal feeling. I am not used to a more "one length" look." I feel a little plain right now, but I can see the potential in it. I really cannot wait to wash and style it myself. I am never a fan of the salon look I get when they style my hair.

The lady did trim the layers a bit (UGH) and they are a little choppy but in some way I like it because I can SEE them and now know where they are exactly.

Another strange thing, even though I only touched up roots, my hair looks a lot blonder. I guess cutting the dark bottom layers really changed things.

I look like crap but here come the pics. Gotta upload...
It looks funny now as their is PRODUCT in hair (need to wait a few days to wash so color holds so final pic wont be posted until Monday)
Right now it looks kind of stiff and straw like as I did let her iron hair to see layers.

OK standby, trying to get my photobucket going..and know yes its ugly but it wont be soon as it grows a bit. All that matters is I no longer have flippy layers poking out all over my head :)

Oh and someone virtually slap me if I start missing my layers again. I love the look of layers but hate the stress of stylists trimming them, and hate how they act in humidity. I have to remember that.

ErinLeigh
March 21st, 2014, 12:48 AM
I was just popping in to see how it went since we were cutting on the same day but I see there hasn't been an update. My stylist did a good job and got rid of my baby mullet and hoping you got what you wanted too!

I cant wait to see yours!

divinedobbie
March 21st, 2014, 01:03 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't see any pictures? :/

ErinLeigh
March 21st, 2014, 01:10 AM
here is a face blocked photo.
I will post a face shot when I feel better. NO ONE wants to see me right now, trust me :)

I really cant wait to wash this sticky goo out of my hair. I hate the stiff feeling the layers of product give my fine hair. It looked like silk before she gelled and pomaded it. I should have stopped her but I was starting to get too weak to care. The lady said she would help me grow it out..mictotrims only. I doubt I will even mess with the layers again until past APL. As long as they lie flat and not defy gravity I can live with what is left. I haven't decided if I will stay with her or seek a new stylist in the future but this place was very affordable and hair looks no better or worse than when I paid more. I may even start self trimming. Lots to think about, yet LESS to think about.
It is very freeing. I could realistically stop cutting for a while and just leave it alone.

anyway, doesn't look great now but I see potential when I let my natural wave enter the scene.

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af244/coconutcraze/Mobile%20Uploads/27ab20ae-c742-46ef-be03-381794e3f9ed_zps0da48fe1.jpg (http://s1012.photobucket.com/user/coconutcraze/media/Mobile%20Uploads/27ab20ae-c742-46ef-be03-381794e3f9ed_zps0da48fe1.jpg.html)

ErinLeigh
March 21st, 2014, 01:25 AM
Maybe in a thrall of lovely haircut induced bliss, she hopped a plane and took a spontaneous vacation to some tropical place. She is probably in a conga line sipping on a fizzy, colorful umbrella topped beverage right now.

hahahaha. I love it. I have had great cuts that did make me want to go rock the world so this one is funny because its true to life. A great hair day does make you want to take on the world. I wish I loved my cut that much.
no..instead got greatly ill. I had lobster for breakfast (I know, odd) toward the end my cut I was cutting very very sick.
Barely made it out. Went home and was a mess. Had to be at work in the evening..dragged in and made it about 2 hours before coming home.

I think I am allergic or sensitive to shellfish. I checked my sick list of last times I have been very sick in past year and all 3 have been on days I ate shrimp, crab or lobster.
Will get tested once I feel better. Cant believe I didn't catch on to this sooner. I rarely eat them but never caught the connection to why I tend to avoid them.

The one thing I am happy about is I can still get my hair up. That is worth at least a Rum Runner and a day by the pool :)
I tested with some clips and it all goes up into bun nicely. my biggest fear was losing that option.

I have no idea what I will post about now that I cannot moan about my layers. :)
Friendship board here I come.

ErinLeigh
March 21st, 2014, 01:27 AM

I wish! That sounds amazing.
I need a LHC list of things do do after getting a haircut. hehe

Reminds me..I have to remember to check and see if the Lunar things really works. Will have to see how quickly this cut grows out.

Tota
March 21st, 2014, 01:52 AM
I love your new hairstyle, it's so cute and youthful! It's exactly what I would want if/when I decide to go shorter.

lapushka
March 21st, 2014, 03:50 AM
What I can see is that it looks nice and thick at the bottom. It's going to be fun growing this cut out!

ooglipoo
March 21st, 2014, 04:47 AM
I'm so sorry you got sick, but your hair does look nice! You'll be pleased with growing it out, I'm sure... :cheese: Good thing you're not allergic to cheese.

LauraLongLocks
March 21st, 2014, 05:24 AM
It looks great, Erin! So sorry you got sick, though. Blegh. Your layers are like mine now, just in the very bottom part of the hair, and yes, they are livable. My last microtrim was December 5th, and I'm not trimming again until January. I'll be glad when I finally get rid of the last of the layers, but they aren't so pesky that I think about them constantly. I hope it'll be the same for you.

momschicklets
March 21st, 2014, 05:46 AM
Sorry you got sick...that's miserable! But the cut looks great....and sounds like it's ultimately what you want anyway without all the layers. Give it a few months and that little bit of regret you're feeling will probably turn into happiness that you did it and got it over with!

ErinLeigh
March 21st, 2014, 05:55 AM
Thanks guys! This is the only place in the world I can talk about the stress, anxiety and excitement of hair cuts without feeling self absorbed or egotistical.
Hair is important to me. It so very much effects look, mood and energy. I love having a place that understands this.

The more I think about it the happier I am I did it. Its nice to have some balance again. It was getting mullety. I am eager to wash Monday and see how it looks. I am just most happy that the obsession is fading. The back and forth, weighing decisions. I'm glad its over and I am very glad to be on track to now grow out this year.

Lapushka I agree. It feels much thicker on bottom.

Laura. Yes I agree. Layers are now livable. Its a good feeling. I always forget you have layers. Your hair barely shows them. Gives me hope :)

Ooglipoo. I couldn't live without cheeeeese. Love to see dancing cheeses.

Tota. Thank u. It feels good. I'm surprised how quickly it's growing on me. I'm usually in years within 24 hrs of a cut. So thank you for compliment.

Momschicklets. Totally agree. Had to rip off the band aid and just deal. It was too consuming not addressing it.

Wosie
March 21st, 2014, 06:06 AM
I'm happy for you, Erin! I was worried that something had gone awry due to the lack of response, but the hairdo looks very neat and fitting for you; longer than I imagined, even. :) It's not short in my book! And now it's on to growing, without worrying about annoying, flipping layers anymore. :thumbsup: Layers, begone!

Steffid87
March 21st, 2014, 08:15 AM
YAY!!!! I had scheduled earlier to get a micro trim today, and I was watching your progress here to see if you liked it! Nervousness about going to a new stylist is something that I don't think anyone can avoid! Since the move, this will be my first trim (and actually my first cut in a year other than my bangs) so I'm terrified. Honestly, your good luck yesterday (on the hair, BOO on being sick!!!!) is helping me not cancel on my appt :)

Crumpet
March 21st, 2014, 08:57 AM
Great 'after' photo! I think it will be an easy haircut for you to grow out and it looks like its basically all the same length (maybe a little very light layering to make it easier to grow out?).

Lovely!

LauraLongLocks
March 21st, 2014, 11:21 AM
Erin, I forget I have layers until I braid my hair. Hopefully, you'll be able to forget the remainder of yours as well. Mine have a death sentence coming at TBL.

kganihanova
March 21st, 2014, 11:27 AM
It looks great Erin!

swearnsue
March 21st, 2014, 03:50 PM
Your hair looks great, love the cut and the color! Sorry you got sick, that must have been the most stressful day ever. Now you can enjoy your hair all Spring and Summer and have fun.

Nebulae
March 21st, 2014, 03:55 PM
Looks great! Now you can just keep growing, you made a good decision :thumbsup:
Sorry you got sick, hope it's better now!

Domna H
March 21st, 2014, 04:47 PM
"Half of me is happy, half of me regrets it. I think that is a normal feeling." I relate -- this is how I feel after every salon cut I get!

Sarahlabyrinth
March 21st, 2014, 06:35 PM
Your new cut looks lovely Erin! If you are like me you will take a few days to get used to the new look. Happy growing from now on! :)

Lazy Loop
March 21st, 2014, 10:20 PM
I really like the result, it looks fresh and healthy! it's so good to hear all the encouragement here!

cdonald2
March 21st, 2014, 10:46 PM
looks awesome :) I am getting mine trimmed on the new moon. im terrified too. hope my outcome is as good as yours :)

synchrostatic
March 22nd, 2014, 02:40 AM
Wow! Your new hair looks so amazing! I really hope you enjoy it!

Skade
March 22nd, 2014, 05:08 AM
Your new hair cut looks great!

bunnylake
March 22nd, 2014, 07:20 AM
Erin it looks great!
You'll probably really love it after you get used to it. It took me a while to really start to like my hair cut too but now I'm so glad I did it.
Yay fresh new hair !

walterSCAN
March 22nd, 2014, 08:03 AM
ErinLeigh, I'm so glad your salon trip went well! It definitely looks nice and it's great that you'll still be able to put it up if you want to! :)

ErinLeigh
March 24th, 2014, 02:28 AM
I knew it had to be too good to be true. Once I washed all the stiff product out of my hair and checked out the cut..I noticed it....
THE BIG CHUNK STYLIST CUT OUT OF THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY HAIR. That explains why she put so much crap on my hair. She was trying to blend it obviously.

There is a section that has a chunk of hair that is a good several inches shorter than the rest of the layers. GAH. I cannot even it out or the rest of the hair will look funny.
It is ear length so it will take 1 year to get it to shoulder. I am going to cut the hemline only for a while to get things more even. I want the layers gone asap and am willing to stay short until they are.

I am so bummed right now. WHY? I swear I have a hair jinx. I never get anything done correctly by a stylist. I am very OCD about hair so knowing I have something so uneven makes me crazy. I wont touch it but knowing its there is going to bother me. I cannot stress how much I look forward to having these layers gone next year. It is the only way I am going to get past this stage of messed up haircuts. I will be self trimming from here on out. I am going to buy some scissors next month.

On a plus note I guess I will be saving money on hair.

Wosie
March 24th, 2014, 04:19 AM
Oh no... :( You do seem to have bad luck when it comes to hair stylists. I think it's unprofessional to cut a big chunk off without telling the customer... When you specifically told them you only wanted to get rid of the layers and get a blunt cut, what was the scissors doing up there in the first place? I feel for you. :blossom:

ErinLeigh
March 24th, 2014, 04:53 AM
Oh no... :( You do seem to have bad luck when it comes to hair stylists. I think it's unprofessional to cut a big chunk off without telling the customer... When you specifically told them you only wanted to get rid of the layers and get a blunt cut, what was the scissors doing up there in the first place? I feel for you. :blossom:

Its baffling isn't it. I recall she pulled it back at one point to cut the bottom. I wonder if somehow somethkng happened then. The layers in back look choppier than before so I think there was layer cutting more than dusting tips. It was a good 2-3 inches in back taken Off so I didn't notice from floor dropping the layers in back. I need to start holding a mirror as I am aways turned away from one when cutting. Its odd.
Well actually I don't as I am going to be cutting from now on. Ha
I just can't with another stylist. I tell them what I want but get to nervous to enforce it. It's my own fault and self trim is only way to correct the issue.

Ive learned a lot this past 6 months that's for sure. The hard way..but maybe worth it in the long run

Good thing is it all still goes up into a clip so I can't leave it up and forget it next six months to a year .

Marika
March 24th, 2014, 05:31 AM
Erin, I'm so sorry for you! :flower: I also have a big chunk of ear length hair which doesn't really blend. Not because of my stylist but my cat who ate my hair (damn you kitty! :nono:)

Self trimming is great! :cool:

ErinLeigh
March 24th, 2014, 05:57 AM
Looked at it again. It's there and its a chunk but it blends well enough. It's still better than it was and I'm still not as obsessed. I though I would be more stressed about it. Cutting really was freeing this time. Time to let go I guess.

I've been dealing with a tough personal situation and used hair to distract myself. Maybe I'm finally ready to address the real issues in life?

ErinLeigh
March 24th, 2014, 06:00 AM
Erin, I'm so sorry for you! :flower: I also have a big chunk of ear length hair which doesn't really blend. Not because of my stylist but my cat who ate my hair (damn you kitty! :nono:)

Self trimming is great! :cool:

Lol I had that happen too! I woke one morning and the bottom of my hair looked like it had been chewed by a billygoat. I freaked out and thought hair was breaking off. I woke a few nights later to my cat licking my head and chewing on my hair.
Mystery solved :)

I bought a sleep cap next day. I rarely wear it so who knows...maybe the chunk is from kitty again?
Why do our cats love our hair? Mine always tried to sleep on top of my head also.

Firefox7275
March 24th, 2014, 06:28 AM
Sorry to read this.

Chewing .... coconut oil? My cat even likes the totally unscented (to me) refined stuff.

arr
March 24th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Im sorry this happened to you, ErinLeigh. Its exactly what happened to me in May of last year. I asked to have my hair trimmed/evened out and she butchered it, including cutting a chunk out of the right side that is 3 inches shorter than everything else and doesn't blend in. And that was only the last of many disastrous haircuts. My frustration led me to find LHC and i resolved that was my last salon cut. Now i have my husband trim (he does a good job) or i self trim if I'm just dusting the ends. Right now I'm still living with the chunk missing since i always wear my hair up anyway or if i want to wear it down, i do a half up which disguises it. I truly feel bad for you and know how frustrating it can be.

ErinLeigh
March 24th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Erin it looks great!
You'll probably really love it after you get used to it. It took me a while to really start to like my hair cut too but now I'm so glad I did it.
Yay fresh new hair !

I do like it. It feels nice and looks good. I will love it when the layers are gone. I feel they are the reason I can't grow as I wish. I'm always taking steps back as everytime the layers get trimmed they take too much off. I had cut in November and it's been getting shorter not longer due to trying to fix the layers.

I appreciate the support. It does feel good to start fresh. I'm just ready to be fully fresh :)

ErinLeigh
March 24th, 2014, 08:50 AM
arr I am glad to know someone understands but I feel bad it happened to you also.
Hair butchering is such a violation. I can never wrap my head around what is so complicated that stylists can't seem to master layers. Ugh! I'm glad you have decided to take matters into your owns. I'm following suit.
I also am very grateful that my hair is still long enough to be put up. I know there will be days I will not be able to look at the chunk so up it will go.

Firefox..oh ya kitty loves coconut oil. She would chew hair without it but the oil entices her much more.

ErinLeigh
March 24th, 2014, 08:53 AM
I forgot to thank everyone for stopping by to comment and be supportive. It means a lot to have people here to care enough enough to be kind when someone is going thru a "hair situation."
:) :) :)

LauraLongLocks
March 24th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Erin, next time you need a hair trim, just fly to Idaho and I'll do exactly what you want, okay? So sorry a piece is missing and your layers got cut back more than you wanted. How deceptive of her to slather on the product in order to hide it.

((((((hugs))))))

redredrobin
March 24th, 2014, 09:29 AM
I knew it had to be too good to be true. Once I washed all the stiff product out of my hair and checked out the cut..I noticed it....
THE BIG CHUNK STYLIST CUT OUT OF THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY HAIR. That explains why she put so much crap on my hair. She was trying to blend it obviously.

There is a section that has a chunk of hair that is a good several inches shorter than the rest of the layers. GAH. I cannot even it out or the rest of the hair will look funny.
It is ear length so it will take 1 year to get it to shoulder. I am going to cut the hemline only for a while to get things more even. I want the layers gone asap and am willing to stay short until they are.

I am so bummed right now. WHY? I swear I have a hair jinx. I never get anything done correctly by a stylist. I am very OCD about hair so knowing I have something so uneven makes me crazy. I wont touch it but knowing its there is going to bother me. I cannot stress how much I look forward to having these layers gone next year. It is the only way I am going to get past this stage of messed up haircuts. I will be self trimming from here on out. I am going to buy some scissors next month.

On a plus note I guess I will be saving money on hair.

So sorry to hear this. It's probably these kind of mistakes that lead to too much hair being taken off to even it up. I've grown my hair out with a chunk missing and I don't think it's noticeable at all, so I wouldn't worry about waiting for it to catch up, unless of course it bothers you :).

JessicaAnn
March 24th, 2014, 10:04 AM
What is it with stylists taking "CHUNKS" out of hair?!? That's what killed me about my big chop in October. The layers were a little shorter and choppier than I wanted, but a few weeks of growth and they looked a ton better. But for some reason the woman who cut my hair took a big CHUNK out of the back/left side of my head. Nearly six months later the cut looks better, just shorter than I want (obvi, isn't it always?). But, because of the CHUNK making them flip out on that quadrant of my head, I can't just let my waves be and avoid heat styling it if I want to leave it down. I'm waiting for the ends to start getting crunchy (I know they will eventually) and then I'm going to have half an inch taken off the bottom and the longer layers shortened to blend with the chunk.

I do like the shoulder length cut on you. That's such a fun length to have. For a couple of years in college I kept a slightly layered bob between my chin and shoulders and loved it. That's my second favorite length next to BSL-MBL. That cut should be a lot easier to grow out than the layers you had. I totally get not liking the layers until your hair gets long enough for them to behave on their own.

ErinLeigh
March 24th, 2014, 11:07 PM
JessicaAnn: Yes what is it with chunks???!!! I was just looking at my siggy pic. That was November. I now have pieces as short as they were 5 months ago.
Nothing worse than the feeling of not moving forward. I am right back where I was as far as layer length. grrrr
I appreciate you saying the SL is nice. Honestly that part I don't mind I decided. It is light and styles quickly. I could be happy with this length from time to time, it just I want to try long hair instead for once! I am always defeated in my efforts. Seeing a stylist will ensure I never get grow.
I am resolved in my no more stylists for a long time decision. I will just fly to Idaho to see Laura. :)

redredrobin..thank you sharing. You are right..It too thick and big to correct. I would have a mullet if I did. I did a wee evening out then said "this is counterproductive, let it grow" so put the scissors back. I felt better but could see where I could go way too far if I kept going.

LauraLongLocks
March 25th, 2014, 12:22 AM
Seeing a stylist will ensure I never get grow.
I am resolved in my no more stylists for a long time decision. I will just fly to Idaho to see Laura. :)

Yay! I wonder how much a flight from Florida to Idaho costs...

ErinLeigh
March 25th, 2014, 12:56 AM
Probably cheaper than the cost of my stylist visits Laura.
Isn't that crazy?

I have been watching hair cut turorials all day. I really think I can do this. I am excited of the idea of taking matters into my own hands.
I am going to go back to doing my own color as well I decided. I never had these issues when I was 20-26 and did my own hair.

georgia_peach
March 25th, 2014, 04:15 AM
Yep, my next-to-last salon visit involved a chunk removal as well. I tried to fix it myself and had to go to a different stylist to correct my mess. No chunks taken out that time, but she must have done the entire cut with those notched thinning shears in the name of "fixing it". I was so determined not to ever see a stylist again for any reason, that I have let it grow out with crazy flips and uneven pieces. I don't want to heat style because I don't want ANY reason for damage = another salon visit. And you know? After the first 8 weeks, it really started to look ok. This is chin to shoulder length hair, too, not long hair that can be put up.

Anyway, I didn't mean to highjack your thread. I just wanted you to know that I REALLY feel your pain. It will get better. And I think you will love feeling that you are in total control of your hair, once again, ErinLeigh. :)

Silverbrumby
March 25th, 2014, 04:56 AM
I haven't had a professional cut in five years and love the money it's saved me. My husband does a mean half inch trim when needed. My hair doesn't look great but that's more because of health, thinning age issues.

I'm so glad your being a diy with hair trimming. Also that flat ironing at the salon really did a number on my hair. I lost parts of it because it would snap off.

Of the Fae
March 25th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Oh my it looks so shiny! Great result!

LauraLongLocks
March 25th, 2014, 09:43 AM
You *can* do it, Erin! I'm glad you are taking matters into your own hands. I think you'll be glad that you did, and you'll save a lot of money, too! (but it would still be cool if you flew to Idaho for a hair trim, lol)

MeAndTheMaz
March 25th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Hey, she works with the glitteratti. She can always hop a ride on a private jet to get there. :cheese: