PDA

View Full Version : Did dyeing virgin hair red with veggie dye leave a stain?

LeonineMane
March 18th, 2014, 01:28 PM
I've tried to google search this but i'm not finding the answer I need so I hope you guys can help me out on this one.

I've been growing my virgin hair out for over a year now, however i'd love to have it all one colour temporarily as it grows out a bit more.
I put red box dye over my already dyed parts and my virgin hair is light brown. If I put Crazy Colour in Red ontop of this, is it going to permanently stain my hair? It'd be a shame to lose all my progress over experimenting. Has anyone done this before? Did all the colour eventually wash out of your virgin hair? What shade was it to start with?

rosalinda
March 18th, 2014, 01:45 PM
I once dyed my light brown/dark blonde hair pink with a stargazer dye. it was very vibrant, and temporary (month or so I guess, maybe two, can't really remember).

Anje
March 18th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Hard to say. On dark hair, it'll probably eventually appear to wash out, but I've heard stories of light hair being stained permanently by dark veggie dyes, like MP's black.

I put a deep purple on my hair (which isn't quite virgin, but hasn't had peroxide on it either) back in January, which made it an eggplanty purple-black. It's mostly washed out now, but if I look close, I can still see it and my length is still darker than it was. Is it stained? Hard to say. I think I'm going to give it about 6 months before I decide either way. But that last 10% is taking its sweet time to fade out.

LeonineMane
March 18th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the replies you two :) I'll guess from both your answers that it would take around 2 months to fade out, i'll give it a shot.

Firefox7275
March 20th, 2014, 06:36 AM
Depends how porous your hair is and the specific colour used: some are notorious for refusing to even bleach out.